fitz= worst qb maybe ever to start for a jets team

kmnj

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you guys really want some entertaining fun, go search the OP's history of posts.  That will bring a smile to anyone's morning lol.  My suspicion is he's hiding, secretly praying Fitz falls on his face these last 3 games so he can try the old "I told you so" routine.  Or he's completely changed usernames already out of shame lol. 

jgb, don't get sucked into the classic case of attacking one of the few guys willing to show up and admit he was wrong after being wrong.  Your vitriol must be directed at those that are hiding away. 

It's strange he keeps picking on him even though he admitted he was wrong.  Most be something more there behind the scenes.  I always laugh at these onslaughts though.  You never know when you're going to be on the wrong end of a heated debate around here and clearly paybacks are harsh and relentless. jgb better go swiss moving forward because me thinks he's got a long list of folks waiting for him to slip now.  haha

If you guys really want some entertaining fun, go search the OP's history of posts.  That will bring a smile to anyone's morning lol.  My suspicion is he's hiding, secretly praying Fitz falls on his face these last 3 games so he can try the old "I told you so" routine.  Or he's completely changed usernames already out of shame lol. 

holy shlt, just checked his posts...He's gotta have some type of relation to Geno Smith, maybe he actually is Geno.

I signed up for middle of the road in the belief that middle of the road would be a huge improvement over what we had been getting from our QB position and the end result has been a little better than that.

Is it possible that we can keep the recent momentum going against the Cowboys, Patriots and Bills?   Probably not but it is nice to dream that we can put a scare into the cheaters.

200_s.gif

FYI, two hands are enough to hold your head after getting owned. Consider saving your third hand for discreet sausage handling.

What I still don't understand about pretty much every last anti-Fitz activist was why they didn't instead commit to a wait-and-see mentality. 

In hindsight it's clear that no one knew what he could do - despite vociferous claims to the contrary.

Safe to say that all of us failed to ID Fitz for the genuine asset, breakout star he is. And seeing how little we gave up for his services, the oversight was league level as well. 

I'm glad I underestimated him and I've cheered every time he defied my expectations.

Frankly, a few of you truly showed yourselves to be basic a-holes through the great Fitzreckoning, definitely lugging more ego than interest in the Jets. Meanwhile others who were less ego-driven hopped off that bandwagon because, you know, it's actually fun to root for the green and white when we're winning. Those guys likely enjoying this season as much as I am.

So for everyone who was wrong about Fitz, have a LOL and just remember the Internet don't forget.

after having QB play in the bottom 5th of the league the last 5-6 years, all we ever said was, "if the jets just had an average QB they would be a really good team"  

finally the jets have an average QB, a really good defense and better than average Oline/running game.  why is everyone complaining about fitz still?

i also don't understand the thread necro.  everyone has been wrong about something.

FYI, two hands are enough to hold your head after getting owned. Consider saving your third hand for discreet sausage handling.

What I still don't understand about pretty much every last anti-Fitz activist was why they didn't instead commit to a wait-and-see mentality. 

In hindsight it's clear that no one knew what he could do - despite vociferous claims to the contrary.

Safe to say that all of us failed to ID Fitz for the genuine asset, breakout star he is. And seeing how little we gave up for his services, the oversight was league level as well. 

I'm glad I underestimated him and I've cheered every time he defied my expectations.

Frankly, a few of you truly showed yourselves to be basic a-holes through the great Fitzreckoning, definitely lugging more ego than interest in the Jets. Meanwhile others who were less ego-driven hopped off that bandwagon because, you know, it's actually fun to root for the green and white when we're winning. Those guys likely enjoying this season as much as I am.

So for everyone who was wrong about Fitz, have a LOL and just remember the Internet don't forget.

You must be a joy at parties. 

I'm far better at a party than you are on the internet, pal.  

Unless, of course, you'd care to elaborate a little more on this dramatic interlude you introduced this morning... """ You have some built up hostility toward me because of something I said years ago in confidence via private message with someone who told you what I said and I honestly thought we found some common ground shortly thereafter. """ 

Real smooth, party guy.

I think quite a few of us were able to recognize that Fitz was a great asset as a backup QB. A good handful of us supported him as a starter (some even before he got the starting job). I don't think anyone is ready to call him a breakout star though...why don't we wait a few more games for that.

Unless, of course, you'd care to elaborate a little more on this dramatic interlude you introduced this morning... """ You have some built up hostility toward me because of something I said years ago in confidence via private message with someone who told you what I said and I honestly thought we found some common ground shortly thereafter. """ 

Real smooth, party guy.

Not for nothin, but I wasn't the one who was up at 3 a.m. necroing post after post from months ago as part of some bizarre victory lap. 

You were right, congratulations! Good for you! Do you want a cookie?

Not for nothin, but I wasn't the one who was up at 3 a.m. necroing post after post from months ago as part of some bizarre victory lap. 

I've never understood this saying.  Who doesnt want a cookie?  I love cookies. Or course I want one.  They're my favorite.  Homemade, Chips-Ahoy - I dont care.  Just give me some milk and I'm in heaven. 

I think quite a few of us were able to recognize that Fitz was a great asset as a backup QB. A good handful of us supported him as a starter (some even before he got the starting job). I don't think anyone is ready to call him a breakout star though...why don't we wait a few more games for that.

Plenty of us saw him as an asset and a better option than Geno, but virtually no one saw him playing at this level. And for the time being, he's definitely a breakout star. Wins, stats, turnarounds - it's all there. 

Guys, we should be able to freely  compliment Fitz without having to preface it first with "This is not to say I think he's a hall of famer but..." - he's been big this year. No question about it.

Not for nothin, but this thread is a cookie after months of idiotic anti-Fitz bullsh*te. You helped bake this cookie. Now eat it.

Fitz is not getting his just due for being 8-4(Geno gets that other L). His stats although in a passing league are very impressive and he definitely has the respect of his teammates which is all that matters. His leadership and toughness you cannot measure. The right guy at the right time simply put.

Plenty of us saw him as an asset and a better option than Geno, but virtually no one saw him playing at this level. And for the time being, he's definitely a breakout star. Wins, stats, turnarounds - it's all there. 

Guys, we should be able to freely  compliment Fitz without having to preface it first with "This is not to say I think he's a hall of famer but..." - he's been big this year. No question about it.

Who is saying you can't do that?

I got no problem with people who were just wrong but man there are a couple who were nasty and vicious to those who were pro fitz. Many of them have been absent since Fitz's rise. I just want our wayward brothers to return.

Has anyone called out your eye-test examination of Jameis Winston yet? ;)

200_s.gif

this is the most astute post you've made this season, it's not even wrong!

jgb, don't get sucked into the classic case of attacking one of the few guys willing to show up and admit he was wrong after being wrong.  Your vitriol must be directed at those that are hiding away. 

he is the most patronising and arrogant person on the board

funny gifs made by others are the best he has got

at least he gets invited

Real smooth, party guy.

Internet is life to him, which is why it is very easy to draw him out

you must've gone to school with geno. The earth is a sphere. Sun light hits different places at different times. Time zones are a thing. I live in Asia bro.

after having QB play in the bottom 5th of the league the last 5-6 years, all we ever said was, "if the jets just had an average QB they would be a really good team"  

finally the jets have an average QB, a really good defense and better than average Oline/running game.  why is everyone complaining about fitz still?

i also don't understand the thread necro.  everyone has been wrong about something.

I'm fairly certain that this topic was not the first thing any of these guys were wrong about, yet people continue to spout opinions as is they were facts, and to shout down, and belittle any that disagree with them. These people usually drive public opinion, and create action based on their certainty. Most things are not so easily verifiable as a QBs performance.

The hope is that they will learn to temper their statements, question everything they think they know, be more open minded, and try to see things from other perspectives...I would say that has no chance of happening, but I do not think that way. Instead I will say that it is very unlikely based on my years of experience. Hope springs eternal though.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand

"Our knowledge can only be finite, while our ignorance must necessarily be infinite." Popper

Has anyone called out your eye-test examination of Jameis Winston yet? ;)

Call me out. I don't think I was a patronizing douchebag to others with differing opinions, but go for it. Jury is still out on Winston but he looks pretty good especially for a rookie.

The point isn't being wrong, everyone is wrong, it's calling people idiots or saying they need "remedial football classes" for having a different opinion. Obvious it is delicious when the person "needing training" ends up being right.

Archived