fitz= worst qb maybe ever to start for a jets team

kmnj

Ummm, yeah... he did. 

He was a starter in the league twice as long, went to a couple of Pro-Bowls, threw more than twice as many TD passes. More than twice as many yards.

Kenny once had a 96.2 passer rating for a season in which he was sacked 62 times.

Kenny was so much better in fact that Eason finished his career as Kenny's backup.

I don't think you watch a lot of football. 

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OBriKe00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EasoTo00.htm

Kenny's best season he threw 25 Tds and 8 INts, Eason had a 23 and 8 season.

the PB is a joke, Ken made that 2nd PB as a 7th alternate.  He threw 10 Tds and 11 INTs that 2nd PB season.   Ken made the Pb for his 25 & 8, Eason didn't for his 23 and 8. 

ken played longer and had the better overall career but when you factor in postseason I'd rate Eason ahead of him.  neither did anything spectacular in the reg season but despite far fewer seasons ken won 3 playoff games and helped a team reach a SB.  Ken never won a single playoff game including losing to eason and the Pats at HOME in 1985.

I watch a ton of football and did so back then as a kid, I don't get wowed by meaningless fantasy #s.  I became a season ticket holder late in ken's career and he was treated worse than sanchez(as he should have been).  Jet fans hated him but now 20 + years later fans forget.  I don't forget.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Eason went head to head with Kenny in the playoffs and the Jets lost 26-14 Eason's Pats then beat the Raiders and Fins before getting killed by the Bears in the Bowl.. Eason's best year was 23 tds and 8 picks Kenny's was 25 and 8.. While Kenny made 2 pro bowls he made one with just 10 tds and 11 picks, plus Kenny never won a playoff game or had a rushing td while his back up Pat Ryan did.. Kenny had a great arm but moved like he was stuck in cement..

No.  You really don/t  That is something Rex Grossman has done.

True but he has won playoff games.. I get a lot of fans grew up with Kenny O but if you look at his td totals in his career it's 128 tds and 98 picks.. Fitz who most say sucks has 134-101 Oh and Fitz has 89 game starts and Kenny 110..

Watch him make a case now that Rex Grossman is better than Warren Moon. 

I do think warren Moon is overrated, he played in a run and shoot offense and put up ridiculous #s but could never show up in January EXCEPT when facing Kenny O and the Jets but it's not hard to win a playoff game when the opposing QB can only lead his O to 10 pts.

Oh for ****'s sake. :face:

what is wrong w/ thinking Moon is overrated?  most fans like stats guys, I like guys that make plays in big spots.  Moon belongs in the hall but to me he's just a #s guy.  he had the most talented team in the AFC for a bunch of years and never even reached a title game.  I view him a lot like a Philip Rivers today except Rivers was lucky enough that his backup led his team to a title game.

Ah.. the dreaded bye.  If only Sanchez could have put up 11 ppg in 2010, the Jets may have had a bye, but let's glorify him for road wins. . 

when did he put 10 PPG up? what are you talking about?

nah, let's bash the guy for helping us reach 2 title games, we have seen so many of them in jets history.  he was just doing what we always do.

when did he put 10 PPG up? what are you talking about?

nah, let's bash the guy for helping us reach 2 title games, we have seen so many of them in jets history.  he was just doing what we always do.

You know your history pretty well to forget your boy's season.  You said the guy was a top 10(ish?) QB in 2010.  They lost three games where they gave up 10 points or less.  They scored single digits in four of their five losses.  Just win baby!  He dragged them to the AFC Championship kicking and screaming!

you brought up sanchez and 10-11 PPG? what are you referring to?

You said Sanchez was better because he lead the team to championship games and Eason was better because he lead the team to the super bowl.  Grossman did the same.  He is not better.  They are not better than Kyle Orton.  How do you take credit when you did not score double digits in 1/4 of the games?  That team was stacked.  Kenny O had some good teams, but they suffered from crippling injuries and coaches that were far from top level. I will leave it at that since you have already defended Walton and Kotite as OC and that makes me shake my head way more than the Sanchez stuff

Kenny's best season he threw 25 Tds and 8 INts, Eason had a 23 and 8 season.

the PB is a joke, Ken made that 2nd PB as a 7th alternate.  He threw 10 Tds and 11 INTs that 2nd PB season.   Ken made the Pb for his 25 & 8, Eason didn't for his 23 and 8. 

ken played longer and had the better overall career but when you factor in postseason I'd rate Eason ahead of him.  neither did anything spectacular in the reg season but despite far fewer seasons ken won 3 playoff games and helped a team reach a SB.  Ken never won a single playoff game including losing to eason and the Pats at HOME in 1985.

I watch a ton of football and did so back then as a kid, I don't get wowed by meaningless fantasy #s.  I became a season ticket holder late in ken's career and he was treated worse than sanchez(as he should have been).  Jet fans hated him but now 20 + years later fans forget.  I don't forget.

please stop trying to make the case that Eason was better than O'Brien.  Kenny was not treated worse than Sanchez by fans.  Kenny was treated badly by Coset, who was a moron on many levels.  And a bad HC.  Sanchez was no where near the passer or QB that O'Brien was. 

please stop trying to make the case that Eason was better than O'Brien.  Kenny was not treated worse than Sanchez by fans.  Kenny was treated badly by Coset, who was a moron on many levels.  And a bad HC. 

Coslet wasn't the HC till 1990 Kenny was stinking way before that..

You said Sanchez was better because he lead the team to championship games and Eason was better because he lead the team to the super bowl.  Grossman did the same.  He is not better.  They are not better than Kyle Orton.  How do you take credit when you did not score double digits in 1/4 of the games?  That team was stacked.  Kenny O had some good teams, but they suffered from crippling injuries and coaches that were far from top level. I will leave it at that since you have already defended Walton and Kotite as OC and that makes me shake my head way more than the Sanchez stuff

I didn't say that.  there are many factors, I weight big game performance higher than non big game performance.  it's not just that those guys played well and helped their teams win in postseason but that ken played poorly and never helped a team win in postseason.  for a season and half ken was on the verge of greatness, his highs the other guys cannot touch but he didn't sustain that and he never played like that in a big game.

sanchez is light years better than Kyle orton.

Kotite as an OC cannot be compared to Kotite as a HC.  ken put up great #s and was at his best w/ Rich so why should e blame him when ken starts to struggle?

I keep asking about this 10-11PPG- what are you referring to?

please stop trying to make the case that Eason was better than O'Brien.  Kenny was not treated worse than Sanchez by fans.  Kenny was treated badly by Coset, who was a moron on many levels.  And a bad HC.  Sanchez was no where near the passer or QB that O'Brien was. 

pre Coslet Kenny was being booed off the field.  if Kenny had the same career today he'd be the most hated man on the Jets but we have 20-25 years since he played and fans want to pretend he was great b/c they see some highlight throws against Miami.  He had a mediocre at best career.

pre Coslet Kenny was being booed off the field.  if Kenny had the same career today he'd be the most hated man on the Jets but we have 20-25 years since he played and fans want to pretend he was great b/c they see some highlight throws against Miami.  He had a mediocre at best career.

He wasn't being booed off the field on a regular basis.  Are you trying to say Sanchez wasn't? He was hated by the end.  And he wasn't around long enough, was gone rather quickly.   I would love to see what Kenny would have done with the 09 & 10 Jets teams, the rule changes that let WRs run wild and protects the QBs from the hits QBs took in the 80's.  

I think even Patriot fans would probably say that O'Brien was better than Eason. As I said, Grogan was their key QB. 

why didn't Grogan start any of the playoff games?

O'Brien had a better career but not by much.  I think a SB app trumps one real PB season.

He wasn't being booed off the field on a regular basis.  Are you trying to say Sanchez wasn't? He was hated by the end.  And he wasn't around long enough, was gone rather quickly.   I would love to see what Kenny would have done with the 09 & 10 Jets teams, the rule changes that let WRs run wild and protects the QBs from the hits QBs took in the 80's.  

sanchez was in 2012, I am saying ken got the same treatment from the fans but it is forgotten.  I hope after many years sanchez gets appreciation like Ken b/c he actually did help us win.

Kenny on '09/'10 Jets and we don't win a playoff game.

the players are much bigger, stronger, faster, quicker.  ken would be eaten alive in today's game.  he couldn't win w/ more talent for his era than mark had. why would he win in '09/'10?

Archived