New Forum Upgrade

Maxman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max, I have a lot of respect for you so I'll try to be nice but the new mobile site is really bad.

Thank you for the detailed feedback. Your detailed thoughts make it easy to improve things, lol.

We have received a lot of positive feedback on it. I like the new mobile skin a lot. We have the exact same functionality in the desktop version as the mobile version which I think is cool because going to the last unread post etc is the same on both versions.

The mobile version does have more graphics and we have a request in to simplify that down the road. We did install Tapatalk for anyone that doesn't like the mobile version for any reason.

But like I said, without detailed thoughts\suggestions there isn't much we can try to improve upon.

Thanks.

We still have the issue with quote, sometimes it pulls in old posts and you have to clear it by clicking source and deleting all the text.

That issue is fixed in version 4.1 which we will be upgrading to soon.

Thank you for the detailed feedback. Your detailed thoughts make it easy to improve things, lol.

We have received a lot of positive feedback on it. I like the new mobile skin a lot. We have the exact same functionality in the desktop version as the mobile version which I think is cool because going to the last unread post etc is the same on both versions.

The mobile version does have more graphics and we have a request in to simplify that down the road. We did install Tapatalk for anyone that doesn't like the mobile version for any reason.

But like I said, without detailed thoughts\suggestions there isn't much we can try to improve upon.

Thanks.

I actually think this site is a huge upgrade now. You read my mind when you basically said its the desktop site on mobile. Even from a mafia point of view, with the multi quote. The explanation of go to last post was perfect. I think the consistency of features between both views is helpful. 

At at this point for me, the inconsistency of the @Maxman feature would be a nice fix. And what I mean is that I had to leave the (a) symbol up for a long couple seconds before the names began loading. 

Adding media via the source tab for me has also been difficult. It usually requires an edit click, moving the cursor somewhere and then the media will appear from the link. 

Also, if the colors would be crisper on the skin. There are too many variants of the color white that are bordering each other. 

Finally, when you return to thread after submitting a post, the page doesn't fit perfectly into the mobile view like it used to. 

Thank you!

Thanks.

Thanks.

Sure, when I check my quote /messages there is no way to leave the screen. If I  hit back it just exits the browser or goes to the last site. It's so large that my s6 lags and freezes when I type. The interface is mostly non responsive and slow. Like when  I click to open a forum nothing happens. This m

Sure, when I check my quote /messages there is no way to leave the screen. If I  hit back it just exits the browser or goes to the last site. It's so large that my s6 lags and freezes when I type. The interface is mostly non responsive and slow. Like when  I click to open a forum nothing happens. This m

The quote issue is a confirmed bug. It is fixed in 4.1 and I think we are 2 or 3 weeks away from that.

In the meantime you have to click source - then erase the quote - and click source again. But the permanent fix will be in place soon. On the slowness we did benchmark testing and with IPB4 and the new server that we are on, everything across the board loads faster. We aren't aware of any area that was slower. 

4.1 does fix several bugs as well, so hang in there and we will get that installed soon, hopefully that takes care of any little quirks.

Thanks.

Awe... you can't see who's online on the specific board anymore :(   Just in the general one.

It is on the main listing like you said. And it is also in individual threads.

I just added it back to the sub forums. Let me know if that is what you mean. It is on the bottom, thanks.

The quote issue is a confirmed bug. It is fixed in 4.1 and I think we are 2 or 3 weeks away from that.

In the meantime you have to click source - then erase the quote - and click source again. But the permanent fix will be in place soon. On the slowness we did benchmark testing and with IPB4 and the new server that we are on, everything across the board loads faster. We aren't aware of any area that was slower. 

4.1 does fix several bugs as well, so hang in there and we will get that installed soon, hopefully that takes care of any little quirks.

Thanks.

It's super slow. There is a noticeable lag when I type. At least 3-5 seconds between input and the letter appearing. My phone in brand new and I'm on my home wifi

It's super slow. There is a noticeable lag when I type. At least 3-5 seconds between input and the letter appearing. My phone in brand new and I'm on my home wifi

I am sorry to hear that, I haven't heard that from anyone else. Is it slow on 4g? How about from your home computer on wifi?

It is on the main listing like you said. And it is also in individual threads.

I just added it back to the sub forums. Let me know if that is what you mean. It is on the bottom, thanks.

Yes, it is. Seems to be working now.

Another little thing.... when you log in invisible... it used to add a little * at the end of your name. It doesn't do that anymore so you have no idea if you're actually invisible or not.

Archived