Hofstra Practice Tweets 8/23

Mogglez

Mauldin limped off the field during the Falcons game too, no? Maybe he just re-aggravated something he nicked up during the game. I really don't want to see this kid miss his rookie campaign... he's one of my favorite Jets already, he lives and breathes the game.

Mauldin limped off the field during the Falcons game too, no? Maybe he just re-aggravated something he nicked up during the game. I really don't want to see this kid miss his rookie campaign... he's one of my favorite Jets already, he lives and breathes the game.

I could be wrong but I think it was an ankle on Friday , Bowles said knee this time, I'm with you I love this kid I'll be pissed if it's serious. You know as well as I do though these non contact knee injuries are usually really bad news.

gotta explore trade options at QB now.  Mettenberger, Glennon, Counsins, even Barkley have looked good so far in preseason.  If we aren't going to try and get Petty some burn with the 1's, it's the only option.

We could also wait and see how Flynn ends up until Geno is healed...I believe we brought Flynn in for that purpose so why wouldn't that be an option? Also I think it would be silly to trade for Mettenberger, Glennon or Cousins as their teams would way overvalue them at this point seeing as they don't have any other viable backups on the roster. As for Barkley, he will be cut soon anyway as I don't see the eagles keeping 4qbs on their roster and word on the street is chip likes Tebow. Also with Barkley sit back and think about who the last USC QB on the Jets roster was...its just to soon.

We could also wait and see how Flynn ends up until Geno is healed...I believe we brought Flynn in for that purpose so why wouldn't that be an option? Also I think it would be silly to trade for Mettenberger, Glennon or Cousins as their teams would way overvalue them at this point seeing as they don't have any other viable backups on the roster. As for Barkley, he will be cut soon anyway as I don't see the eagles keeping 4qbs on their roster and word on the street is chip likes Tebow. Also with Barkley sit back and think about who the last USC QB on the Jets roster was...its just to soon.

Flynn has gotten multiple opportunities on multiple teams - the guy isn't an option.  He was brought in to be an emergency vet backup.  As soon as geno is back he'll be cut.

Flynn has gotten multiple opportunities on multiple teams - the guy isn't an option.  He was brought in to be an emergency vet backup.  As soon as geno is back he'll be cut.

As soon as Geno is back we wont need to pick up another backup quality QB though...That is the point. Until then Flynn gets a chance to prove himself with some of the best receivers he will have ever played with, Flynn was only on one team before with a decent set of receivers and on that team he looked good enough to get contracts on multiple teams.

None of that makes him any worse than Mettenberger, Glennon, Cousins or Barkely. 

but he is though.  don't know how you can't see that.

Archived