College Football starting

faba

Saturdays >>>> Sundays because Roger Goodell and the New England Cheatriots have ruined the NFL.

The Gators are going to suck something awful this year and that's exciting...for the past 5 years I've been stuck in offensive hell with both my Football teams relying solely on Defense.  Doesnt look like that will change that much this year considering our entire OL is terrible and we again, have no QB.

I will say, the playoffs systems is really going to screw the SEC outside of Bama.  It's going to be so tough for SEC teams to crack the playoffs because they beat each other up so much where as FSU will cake walk to the playoffs every year because the ACC is the worst conference in Football.  OSU too (******* coward Urban couldnt hanlde the SEC). That is, unless Harbaugh can get Michigan back on track.

Soooooo; FSU, OSU, TCU and I think Oregon has a little Mariotta hangover and USC goes in from the Pac 10.  That's right, no SEC rep in the playoffs...I dont see any 1 loss teams this year except maybe Bama (who would be my pick after USC).

They need to go to 8 games.  4 was stupid and is hurts the super competitive conferences and favors the sh*tty ones that are top heavy.

Saturdays >>>> Sundays because Roger Goodell and the New England Cheatriots have ruined the NFL.

The Gators are going to suck something awful this year and that's exciting...for the past 5 years I've been stuck in offensive hell with both my Football teams relying solely on Defense.  Doesnt look like that will change that much this year considering our entire OL is terrible and we again, have no QB.

I will say, the playoffs systems is really going to screw the SEC outside of Bama.  It's going to be so tough for SEC teams to crack the playoffs because they beat each other up so much where as FSU will cake walk to the playoffs every year because the ACC is the worst conference in Football.  OSU too (******* coward Urban couldnt hanlde the SEC). That is, unless Harbaugh can get Michigan back on track.

Soooooo; FSU, OSU, TCU and I think Oregon has a little Mariotta hangover and USC goes in from the Pac 10.  That's right, no SEC rep in the playoffs...I dont see any 1 loss teams this year except maybe Bama (who would be my pick after USC).

They need to go to 8 games.  4 was stupid and is hurts the super competitive conferences and favors the sh*tty ones that are top heavy.

I am reading Clemson is given a good chance to win the ACC this year.

I am reading Clemson is given a good chance to win the ACC this year.

I will believe it when I see it.  This is the same team that couldnt close the deal with a 4th quarter lead and the ball vs. FSU...without Jameis last year.  Good thing for them, they play FSU at home this year.  And their D (or the orange cones they put on the field that resembles defense) is going to take a significant dip losing 4 of their best players to the NFL.   However, they probably have the best QB in the conference, which clearly helps a great bit.  Watson could be Heisman hopeful in that offense.  They also play a considerably tougher schedule than FSU with games  @ Louisville, Miaimi , NC St (FSU plays them all at home) and they have South Carolina on the road...and they have Ga Tech and Notre Dame at home.  

Where as Florida St. doesnt play a ranked team till Oct. 24th vs. Ga Tech.  lmfao  What a joke.   ACC baby!!!  FSU is playoff bound.  hahahahahahaha

///pukes

It'll never happen, but much like college basketball, they need to figure out a way to allow every conference champion to be represented in the FBS playoffs.  Otherwise Boise St.'s lawsuit and others like it will always be a major problem for the NCAA. 

The format ought to be 16 teams, including the 10 conference champions and 6 at-large bids determined by committee.  That would be a way to restore the balance so that teams from easy conferences wouldn't have a cake-walk to the national title.  You could theoretically have as many as 7 SEC teams in the playoffs if no other conference produced a worthy team.  The # 1 seed would also have a major advantage compared to the 5-8 seeds.  The top top dog would be facing the Sun Belt or MAC champion in the 1st round whereas the 5-8 seeds would all have tough games.

Naturally, the NCAA would fight like hell to make sure this could never happen.  They'd be able to the following excuses, and legitimately have a reason for all of them:  1.  Length of season (more injuries), 2.  Watering down the regular season, and 3.  The difficult logistics of organizing the Bowl sites.  Then again, when it comes to point # 1, the FCS utilizes a 16-team format and no one complains.

It'll never happen, but much like college basketball, they need to figure out a way to allow every conference champion to be represented in the FBS playoffs.  Otherwise Boise St.'s lawsuit and others like it will always be a major problem for the NCAA.

The format ought to be 16 teams, including the 10 conference champions and 6 at-large bids determined by committee.  That would be a way to restore the balance so that teams from easy conferences wouldn't have a cake-walk to the national title.  You could theoretically have as many as 7 SEC teams in the playoffs if no other conference produced a worthy team.  The # 1 seed would also have a major advantage compared to the 5-8 seeds.  The top top dog would be facing the Sun Belt or MAC champion in the 1st round whereas the 5-8 seeds would all have tough games.

Naturally, the NCAA would fight like hell to make sure this could never happen.  They'd be able to the following excuses, and legitimately have a reason for all of them:  1.  Length of season (more injuries), 2.  Watering down the regular season, and 3.  The difficult logistics of organizing the Bowl sites.  Then again, when it comes to point # 1, the FCS utilizes a 16-team format and no one complains.

I could see them going to 8 teams eventually but no more than that

I could see them going to 8 teams eventually but no more than that

Same here.  But until you give representation outside of the power 6 it's a hollow tournament.  We get it, they're the best teams, and by and large, they'll win all the titles.  But FBS membership should come with more than simply a "we're not FCS anymore!" line of thinking and the papajohns.com bowl.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived