Sheldon Richardson ~ ~ ~

kelly

That has nothing to do with his sheer talent. He is one of the most talented interior linemen in the league. I see him as almost as good as Joe Klecko in his prime. Not quite the pass rusher Klecko was but Richardson plays inside and Klecko had his best sacks seasons as a DE.

you want to defend a piece of shlt ...I won't stop you BUT he already stated he needed to change etc and then he is running from the cops, lights off, over 100 MPH, gun and kid in car. I don't care if he is Joe Montana. Fukk him.  He could have EASILY killed a pedestrian or any innocent person. 

He cares nothing about people in general based on his behavior.....  

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does anyone know when we will find out if sheldon gets suspended for more games?

it's not if but how many.  Bowles has said the only reAson the jets haven't suspended him is because they are required to wait until after the NFL makes a decision.  If the NFL doesn't suspend him, the jets have already committed to doing it for them.

Even with the return of Revis, Sheldon is arguably the most talented player on the team. I just want him to get his crap together. Hopefully being embarrassed for his parents' sake is enough to stop him from making the next off field mistake. 

-- As Jets defensive end Sheldon Richardson awaits word from the NFL on whether his four-game suspension will be increased, he continues to undergo team counseling with uncertainty looming over him."I don't know what to expect," Richardson said of the possibility commissioner Roger Goodell will add to his suspension. "I can go from four games to however long he wants it to be, so [it's] pretty tough."As long as I get the day of when I can actually return, then I can actually start moving forward. But until then, it will just be a cloud over my head."

Richardson, 24, will miss the first four games of the season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. That suspension could be increased by the NFL if it rules he violated the league's conduct policy.Richardson was charged with resisting arrest after a July 14 incident in which, according to police, he was engaged in a high-speed road race near St. Louis. Authorities said they discovered a fully loaded semi-automatic weapon in the 2014 Bentley and said there was "a very strong odor of burned marijuana" coming from the vehicle.Richardson's arraignment is scheduled for Aug. 31 outside of St. Louis. He has been working mostly with backups in training camp since he will miss the start of the season.

"Most definitely a humbling experience," said Richardson, the NFL's defensive rookie of the year in 2013 and a Pro Bowler last year. "Just got to learn from it. I consider myself a humble guy off camera, but other than that, it is what it is."Richardson, who had eight sacks last season, said he initially resisted the idea of counseling, which the team wanted him to undergo. But his parents nudged him to go through with it, and he said he has found it "somewhat" helpful."Just learning things about myself, dealing with life," Richardson said of counseling. "It would have been hard for me to deal with talking to someone outside of my circle. Little things like that."

Richardson, though, says he hasn't had to make any other major life changes since last month's run-in with the law."Other than doing a bad mistake on one night, not really," Richardson said. "That is the only thing I'd change. I am pretty quiet off the field, keep to myself, stay in my room really, play video games, regular old person, except I just happen to be in the NFL."Richardson said during his suspension he plans to attend team meetings at the facility and try to stay in shape as much as he can. He will not be able to practice or play with the team during his suspension.

"Yeah, I will be prepared," Richardson said. "I still know the playbook."I'll be right here," he said. "I am allowed in the facility. I am not allowed on the practice field when they are playing but workout by myself and go to meetings."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13519798/sheldon-richardson-new-york-jets-calls-possible-suspension-increase-cloud-my-head

So basically, he's learned nothing from all this.   That's great!

Even with the return of Revis, Sheldon is arguably the most talented player on the team. I just want him to get his crap together. Hopefully being embarrassed for his parents' sake is enough to stop him from making the next off field mistake. 

He's not changing anything.  This was one mistake.  Never mind the one that actually got him suspended.

The guy is a total ******* moron.  But he's really really good at Football.  

He's not changing anything.  This was one mistake.  Never mind the one that actually got him suspended.

Agreed... and perhaps after he kills someone or beats a woman he will get the recognition many here think he will get in football.

Yeah that is it. Talented football player that will most likely screw his career up- lets hope he does not

Please... spare us Sheldon.

Guns in a car with a 12 year old doing 140MPH???

STFU

How the guy escaped jail time is baffling.  In what world do you think it's prudent to go that fast with a kid in the car.   And if one of the other passengers was the kid's father?  That guy should be horse whipped.

Jets defensive end Sheldon Richardson is going through the preseason as if nothing’s different. But he knows things are about to change.Richardson, who was suspended four games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy already, is facing more time off after he was charged with resisting arrest and multiple traffic violations in July.“I don’t know what to expect,” Richardson said, via Seth Walder of the New York Daily News. “That’s out of my hands.

“I can go from four games to however long he [Roger Goodell] wants it to be. So it’s pretty tough.”Richardson should keep an eye on the next few Fridays, otherwise there is no indication when he’ll find out about the latest problem. With the league writing broadly its new personal conduct policy, he could be punished for endangering a child while driving 143 mph even though he wasn’t charged with that in Missouri, though he’s certainly facing some degree of additional punishment.

“When I get the date of when I can actually return, then I can actually start moving forward,” Richardson said. “But until then it’s just going to be a cloud over my head.”And over the Jets’ as his off-field issues are almost enough to obscure his on-field talent.

> http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/27/sheldon-richardson-waiting-for-decision-on-his-future/

Really?  His behavior is violent as it is. Why would anyone believe he would treat a woman with civility when he drives with guns, kids, at night with his lights off trying to elude police.

Sounds like a real gentleman.

I mean, did you expect him to elude police with his lights on?  Can't be that dumb. 

Agreed... and perhaps after he kills someone or beats a woman he will get the recognition many here think he will get in football.

Really?  His behavior is violent as it is. Why would anyone believe he would treat a woman with civility when he drives with guns, kids, at night with his lights off trying to elude police.

Sounds like a real gentleman.

speeding with a kid in the car, eluding police, and smoking pot is how Jeffrey dahmer, Charles manson, & ted bundy all started out. one minute you are driving down the highway at 140 mph, the next thing you now, you are killing a bunch of people. somebody needs to put a stop to this monster

speeding with a kid in the car, eluding police, and smoking pot is how Jeffrey dahmer, Charles manson, & ted bundy all started out. one minute you are driving down the highway at 140 mph, the next thing you now, you are killing a bunch of people. somebody needs to put a stop to this monster

you want to pretend he's a good person....   I won't stop you. But if you think as a father he should date your daughter, I'd SMH.

Is this a serious debate?  If so, it's a debate in stupidity.  Easy as that.  If you find nothing wrong with what Richardson did, or feel you can justify it, you are an f'n moron wasting the Earth's resources with rocks between your ears where brains go.  PERIOD.

you want to pretend he's a good person....   I won't stop you. But if you think as a father he should date your daughter, I'd SMH.

and if Sheldon where your kid, I doubt you would think he was a piece of human garbage and keep the females in your family away from him

Is this a serious debate?  If so, it's a debate in stupidity.  Easy as that.  If you find nothing wrong with what Richardson did, or feel you can justify it, you are an f'n moron wasting the Earth's resources with rocks between your ears where brains go.  PERIOD.

Casting those rocks in a holyer than though attitude is not much better. Not saying that Sheldon should not be held accountable for his actions, just wait and see what the justice system rules as well as the NFL. He will have to pay a price just not willing to condem that price till it's set. 

Casting those rocks in a holyer than though attitude is not much better. Not saying that Sheldon should not be held accountable for his actions, just wait and see what the justice system rules as well as the NFL. He will have to pay a price just not willing to condem that price till it's set. 

smoking weed with a loaded gun, a kid in the car, while driving 147...some things are common sense...for most.  I'm not in the excuse making business, sir.  You must be one of the other kinds of guys.

Thinking it might be a nice idea to introduce him to my daughter and being happy to have him play defensive tackle for my favorite football team are two entirely different things. 

smoking weed with a loaded gun, a kid in the car, while driving 147...some things are common sense...for most.  I'm not in the excuse making business, sir.  You must be one of the other kinds of guys.

possession of a legal firearm=criminal act.lol

the worst part to me is sheldumb was reacting to his suspension when he did this

think about that

"**** you NFL I'm going to buy a super expensive car, get high and drive it really fast !!!!!"

don't forget to throw in the loaded gun...and child...in case the above wasn't enough.  

Thinking it might be a nice idea to introduce him to my daughter and being happy to have him play defensive tackle for my favorite football team are two entirely different things. 

What about just a member of your community?  You want the guy street racing in your neighborhood, while smoking weed, with a loaded gun and neighborhood children in the car?  You want this guy even in the town you live in?  He's that quality person where you need to at least pause to think of you even want him in the same town where he may encounter your children...but if you want his high ass driving 147 around your family, have at it...again, I'll pass.

possession of a legal firearm=criminal act.lol

I just know you're arguing on the side of putting a child's life in danger...you fight that battle.  You're okay with him almost killing a child.  Glad that's cool for you.  Like Michael Jackson hanging his children off hotel balconies..."hey, he plays for the jets so it's so cool he hangs kids off balconies."  Get the f out of here with that dip Sh!t loser talk.

he is a degenerate for doing what he did.  He should have serious child endangerment concerns raining down on him from any sane person. 

he makes Geno look like the most mature person who ever existed.

Archived