Camp Updates Monday 08/24

Maxman

That's not possible. The worst QB in the history of the world cannot throw the ball 6 yards. OMG I'm either gonna kill myself, or have a good long cry.  

Throwing a long floater in practice where there's no "real" pass rush certainly equates to game like situations :rolleyes:

Jets second-round pick Devin Smith (ribs, lung) is not expected to be ready for Week 1.

Smith's timetable was set at 4-6 weeks on August 1. He should return by Week 3. Look for Quincy Enunwa to open the year as the Jets' No. 3 receiver behind Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker. The Jets will run a ton of four- and five-wide sets under Chan Gailey, so Smith should have a role on the perimeter waiting for when he returns. He'll need to get up to speed, though.

Well that's a bummer, I was hoping week 2 would be the latest, but at least he's going to be back for the majority of the season.  It's just tough seeing rookies miss so many snaps early on that the season is spent catching up rather than learning how to play in the league.

Jets second-round pick Devin Smith (ribs, lung) is not expected to be ready for Week 1.

Smith's timetable was set at 4-6 weeks on August 1. He should return by Week 3. Look for Quincy Enunwa to open the year as the Jets' No. 3 receiver behind Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker. The Jets will run a ton of four- and five-wide sets under Chan Gailey, so Smith should have a role on the perimeter waiting for when he returns. He'll need to get up to speed, though.

they do not like kerley.  wow.

Well that's a bummer, I was hoping week 2 would be the latest, but at least he's going to be back for the majority of the season.  It's just tough seeing rookies miss so many snaps early on that the season is spent catching up rather than learning how to play in the league.

On the plus side, you've got to be excited that a guy like Enunwa has emerged.

How sad that Idzik needed to use 8 picks, 2 on WRs before he could get us a WR worth using in what may be the best WR draft in the history of the league? 

On the plus side, you've got to be excited that a guy like Enunwa has emerged.

How sad that Idzik needed to use 8 picks, 2 on WRs before he could get us a WR worth using in what may be the best WR draft in the history of the league? 

I always thought one of Evans or Enunwa would emerge, I just was hedging towards the former, but was hoping for the latter considering his measurables.  Having Marshall, Decker and Enunwa out there gives a lot of size and yac ability, which Smith will greatly compliment if/when he gets back on the field. 

This Owusu kid sounds like he wants to make the team and not only that fight for playing time.  Maybe we can find our won Victor Cruz for a change?

I think the concussion history is the worst kind of injury history you can have, however.  I hate to say it, but I might not use a roster spot on him only because of his concussions...

I think the concussion history is the worst kind of injury history you can have, however.  I hate to say it, but I might not use a roster spot on him only because of his concussions...

I hope you're wrong. Owusu is a interesting prospect and did some nice things end of last year, both catching and as a kick returner (Miami?!). But with his history of concussion, KR is probably not the best idea.. 

This team is built to win now what better situation could you start a rookie in surrounded by talent on all sides of the ball. 

yeah, a QB who has to learn as much as Petty does.  Can't think of a worse situation for the kid.  Good part is he's not going to start.  

they do not like kerley.  wow.

Seriously, why should they?

Archived