Reggie Wayne

Skeptable

He had 64 receptions just last year.  This has nothing to do with building around Cam.  This has to do with losing your #1 for the year in preseason.  I think it's pretty stupid logic to not bring a wily vet into camp like Wayne who just last year had 64 receptions and can pick up first downs because he's old.  You can cut him.

64 catches playing with Andrew Luck isn't particularly impressive.  If it was, I don't see why the Colts would let him go and replace him with another aging receiver like Andre Johnson.  He's likely toast.  Sure, the Panthers COULD have picked him up then cut him, but that would mean leaving a young WR they like off the roster. 

Just don't see it as a big deal at all.  Dude turns 37 in November.  Non-factor.

I'm pretty sure you've entered the stage of "I'm going to argue with JiF about everything and anything even though I'm being a moron about it" phase of your posting life because you're being ridiculous.  What is impressive to you?  Because other than Wayne, no receiver has ever caught over 100 passes from Luck.  Hilton has 80, 2 years in a row...a whopping 15 more catches than the old shot Wayne....so was Hilton not particularly impressive too?  

Bottom line is, the Panthers have the worst receiving core in the NFL with a great shot at the division and when you lose your #1 WR in preseason, bringing in a wily vet that can still move the chains (he average 12yrds per catch last year) is a wise move...he doesnt have to make the final 53.  Now shut up.   

He had 64 receptions just last year.  This has nothing to do with building around Cam.  This has to do with losing your #1 for the year in preseason.  I think it's pretty stupid logic to not bring a wily vet into camp like Wayne who just last year had 64 receptions and can pick up first downs because he's old.  You can cut him.

64 catches playing with Andrew Luck isn't particularly impressive.  If it was, I don't see why the Colts would let him go and replace him with another aging receiver like Andre Johnson.  He's likely toast.  Sure, the Panthers COULD have picked him up then cut him, but that would mean leaving a young WR they like off the roster. 

Just don't see it as a big deal at all.  Dude turns 37 in November.  Non-factor.

I'm pretty sure you've entered the stage of "I'm going to argue with JiF about everything and anything even though I'm being a moron about it" phase of your posting life because you're being ridiculous.  What is impressive to you?  Because other than Wayne, no receiver has ever caught over 100 passes from Luck.  Hilton has 80, 2 years in a row...a whopping 15 more catches than the old shot Wayne....so was Hilton not particularly impressive too?  

Bottom line is, the Panthers have the worst receiving core in the NFL with a great shot at the division and when you lose your #1 WR in preseason, bringing in a wily vet that can still move the chains (he average 12yrds per catch last year) is a wise move...he doesnt have to make the final 53.  Now shut up.   

You're totally right.  Allowing the Pats to sign a 37 year old WR will ruin the Panthers' season.  Pats will repeat as Super Bowl champs because of this.  I see the light.

You're totally right.  Allowing the Pats to sign a 37 year old WR will ruin the Panthers' season.  Pats will repeat as Super Bowl champs because of this.  I see the light.

Seriously dude?  You're unreal.  The Panthers are Jets 2 years ago except with an actual team and QB...and the suggestion that they should have at least looked at Wayne is soooo ridiculous?  Please, If roles were reversed and this were the Jets, you'd be agreeing with me but instead you're choosing to be an obnoxious dbag for some stupid reason. 

There are other receivers they could have worked out too...but this thread is about Wayne.  And a team like the Patriots, who really dont need him, signed him...but a team like the Panthers, who really do need him, are too good for him per you.  

While he is clearly old, he also played half of last year with a torn triceps muscle and other assorted injuries. 

His numbers looked good through game 9, he injured hinself in game 7, then he fell off the cliff.  I think he is a better fit for the Patriots then the Panthers or Packers.  He is not replacing Nelson or Benjamin.  He is needed to be the 3rd, 4th or 5th option at best. 

While he is clearly old, he also played half of last year with a torn triceps muscle and other assorted injuries. 

His numbers looked good through game 9, he injured hinself in game 7, then he fell off the cliff.  I think he is a better fit for the Patriots then the Panthers or Packers.  He is not replacing Nelson or Benjamin.  He is needed to be the 3rd, 4th or 5th option at best. 

I dont think the Panthers or Packers would be looking to replace anyone with him...but bring him in to be the #2 or #3 is a great spot for a guy like Wayne.  He can still get open.

Steve Smith is old.  Dude is 36.  Non-factor.

Seriously dude?  You're unreal.  The Panthers are Jets 2 years ago except with an actual team and QB...and the suggestion that they should have at least looked at Wayne is soooo ridiculous?  Please, If roles were reversed and this were the Jets, you'd be agreeing with me but instead you're choosing to be an obnoxious dbag for some stupid reason. 

There are other receivers they could have worked out too...but this thread is about Wayne.  And a team like the Patriots, who really dont need him, signed him...but a team like the Panthers, who really do need him, are too good for him per you.  

I accept your apology.

I don't see what the big deal is.  Yeah, they are the Pats, so I hope it doesn't work

But he's not going to be that expensive, and if he catches 50 passes for 650 yards it's not a bad deal for them.

The guys you name are all ancient history.  Proud that you had a murdered on your SB team.  Isn't that just like the pats: cheat but it is okay since would have won anyway; Okay to have a murderer if it helps win the SB, but of course we didn't need him since we won without him, we just like player with psychos.

Totally not jealous of this signing at all.  Just tired of the double standard.  

I come to this site since I love the Jets - why are you here?

ha ha..w.welker is ancient.? And T.O. was never brought in by the pats..but l'll give you someone more recent then. D.Revis...and he got that ring from the pats, when are the jets gonna do that for him?.lol

And you talk Hernandez like the jets didnt employ a convicted animal murderer..lol. teams employ questionable players everyday. HA HA at you thinking everyone knew he murdered someone..

Im here like other fans joint other teams sites all the time....just learn not to be mad. U will live longer..lol

ha ha..w.welker is ancient.? And T.O. was never brought in by the pats..but l'll give you someone more recent then. D.Revis...and he got that ring from the pats, when are the jets gonna do that for him?.lol

And you talk Hernandez like the jets didnt employ a convicted animal murderer..lol. teams employ questionable players everyday. HA HA at you thinking everyone knew he murdered someone..

Im here like other fans joint other teams sites all the time....just learn not to be mad. U will live longer..lol

Man, you crack yourself up. 

Good move for the Pats but meaningless with regards to the Jets. Reggie Wayne (or any receiver out there for that matter) doesn't scare the Jets secondary.

The Patriots are going to make the Jets secondary look foolish. You have no answer for Gronk. He'll smash Revis.

You don't have Rex Ryan's defense anymore. You have Bowles. Bowles is just another Belichick and Brady victim. The days of close Jet games are basically over.

The Patriots are going to make the Jets secondary look foolish. You have no answer for Gronk. He'll smash Revis.

You don't have Rex Ryan's defense anymore. You have Bowles. Bowles is just another Belichick and Brady victim. The days of close Jet games are basically over.

You sound tough.  Are you tough? 

Not mad; you are just a troll; I root for the Jets, so I only go on a Jets site; you want to go from site to site and stick up for your cheating team - go for it.

I realize that trolls don't really care about the point, but we were talking about players who's careers were over; had conduct issues, etc.

Clearly, Revis and Welker are not in that group.  So it was Ocho Cinco (or somebody else) versus T.O.  Can't remember all of the has-beens and trouble makers the Pats were going to turn around.  Suffice it to say, it has been a while since they turned a career around.

Yeah, that's it, compare a dog fighter (who many such as myself were not happy about joining the Jets) and a guy whom everyone stayed away from do to behavior issues.  After 3 years, all of the Patriot trolls shouted out how great the Patriots were to take a chance on him and that they turned him around.  The fact that he likely killed 2 people, shot a supposed friend and was convicted of killing another make him a real saint.  Not to mention starting fights with your beloved Welker.  Can't compare that to a dog fighter who served his time.

But, none of the Jet fans were going around other sites sticking up for Vick; telling everyone that we were going to turn him around. And no reporters were describing it as a brilliant move.  My point is that everyone talks about how the Patriots 'turn' people around and restart careers and that hasn't happened since Moss.

I dont think the Panthers or Packers would be looking to replace anyone with him...but bring him in to be the #2 or #3 is a great spot for a guy like Wayne.  He can still get open.

Steve Smith is old.  Dude is 36.  Non-factor.

That is what I am saying.

I know with them losing players, only heard ESPN talking about the Packers, that they might have interest in Wayne.  Probably, pure speculation, but he makes more sense with Panthers have a rookie and little else.

He is not a replacement for either and his best role is with the Patriots. 

Not mad; you are just a troll; I root for the Jets, so I only go on a Jets site; you want to go from site to site and stick up for your cheating team - go for it.

I realize that trolls don't really care about the point, but we were talking about players who's careers were over; had conduct issues, etc.

Clearly, Revis and Welker are not in that group.  So it was Ocho Cinco (or somebody else) versus T.O.  Can't remember all of the has-beens and trouble makers the Pats were going to turn around.  Suffice it to say, it has been a while since they turned a career around.

Yeah, that's it, compare a dog fighter (who many such as myself were not happy about joining the Jets) and a guy whom everyone stayed away from do to behavior issues.  After 3 years, all of the Patriot trolls shouted out how great the Patriots were to take a chance on him and that they turned him around.  The fact that he likely killed 2 people, shot a supposed friend and was convicted of killing another make him a real saint.  Not to mention starting fights with your beloved Welker.  Can't compare that to a dog fighter who served his time.

But, none of the Jet fans were going around other sites sticking up for Vick; telling everyone that we were going to turn him around. And no reporters were describing it as a brilliant move.  My point is that everyone talks about how the Patriots 'turn' people around and restart careers and that hasn't happened since Moss.

Bruh. Im convinced you have no idea what you are talking about. I never said i go site to site. And i will only bring up the pats success when any one of you wanna talk sh*t and them, thats what fans do. Talk sh*t about each others team... 

You are bent out of shape cause your follow jet posters not even pat fans said it was a good move. Not cuz they are the patriots, but because like i said they filled a need. W a solid vet. Tough if you dont like the move or the team.

And i didnt read the rest of your post. Good night.

I love how every move the Pats make is a good one.  The Pats way, can save any career turn around any problem player.  How did Hanwsworthy work out? Hernandez?  Didn't they try something with TO or something like that some years back?  Yeah, the turned around Randy Moss' career.  There were other, but this isn't the same gritty locker-room anymore.

We shall see, but it seems to me Waynes problem is age and injury.  It isn't like he couldn't catch and the deflated balls would help him. :-)

Maybe it is time to stop assuming that just because the Pats do it, it is a good move.

Yeah, Hulk Smash!  Ugh, we win, not close.  Grrrrrrrrr

WTF is this

Bruh. Im convinced you have no idea what you are talking about. I never said i go site to site. And i will only bring up the pats success when any one of you wanna talk sh*t about them, thats what fans do. Talk sh*t about each others team... 

You are bent out of shape cause your follow jet posters not even pat fans said it was a good move. Not cuz they are the patriots, but because like i said they filled a need w a solid vet. Tough if you dont like the move or the team.

And i didnt read the rest of your post. Good night.

1. I never said that you said you went site to site; i said you went site to site; you are on this site, you are clearly a pats fan, so likely you are on some pats sites; and unless you are obsessed with Jet fans you are likely on other teams' sites as well, simple logic and math

2. Fans talk about their team on one of their team's site; going to other team's sites to talk smack about another team - that is what trolls do

3. I am not bent out of shape about the Pats signing Wayne.  My problem isn't with the signing, it is with the media et. al. assuming that just because the Pats did it, it was a good signing.  If you are just going to assume that everything they do is good, than why discuss it?

4. I also said it that this isn't the same team that turned around Moss; the locker room has changed.  Didn't say they sucked; just that they can't necessarily turn careers around.  And that it is a while since any player got a second start at NE.  You gave me Revis (really - yeah his behavioral problems were the worst before going to NE), Welker (who didn't have problems but whose career took off due to Brady, but he came to NE a long time ago in football years).

5. I pointed out someone who was supposedly turned around by NE and cheered only to find out that he had been a thug the whole time and is now implicated in 3 murders and another shooting - you gave me Vick; again the media loved the Hernandez signing (NE will turn him around, and then NE turned him around) and hated the Vick signing (me too BTW).

Maybe there is some reading comprehension issues here, but it isn't on my side.

Here is one for you?

Question: who goes to another teams site, talks smack late a night, and the repost his own post early in the morning?

Answer: a attention craving troll...

I support this message. 

Just to stir up trouble. :-)

Archived