Gil Brandt : Marcus Peters, Randy Gregory headline NFL DROY candidates ~ ~ ~

kelly

Last week, I presented my top five candidates for the Offensive Rookie of the Year award . This week, I'm turning my attention to the defensive first-timers. And I'm predicting something will happen that hasn't since 1998: a cornerback will be named Defensive Rookie of the Year. (Charles Woodson took home the hardware after the '98 campaign.)

Yes, the list of rising defensive rookies presented below includes the requisite assortment of linebackers, pass rushers and linemen. But ultimately, I see a member of the defensive backfield standing at the front of the crowd by season's end.

> http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000515782/marcus-peters-randy-gregory-headline-nfl-droy-candidates

It will be something if Gregory turns out good after he dropped.  I didn't like him as a prospect, even without the rather bizarre behavior.

saw this..

Around The NFL's Rookie of the Year predictions

~ ~ Dan Hanzus' pick : Devin Funchess and Leonard Williams

~ The Jets hit the jackpot with Williams, who fell to Todd Bowles' team with the sixth overall pick in April's draft. Training camp and preseason buzz around Williams has been positive, and he'll play on a line loaded with Pro Bowl talent that includes Muhammad Wilkerson, Damon "Snacks" Harrison and Sheldon Richardson. Speaking of Richardson, the 2013 DPOY will miss at least the first four games of the regular season due to off-the-field shenanigans, clearing the way for an instant role for Williams. I think Big Lenny takes full advantage of the opportunity, turning a great defensive line into the NFL's best.

rest of above article :

>    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000519934/article/around-the-nfls-rookie-of-the-year-predictions

Archived