Glennon

kelticwizard

Saw him last night vs Cincy.  This guy looks like the most starter-ready backup in the past couple of decades.  Somebody is going to pick this guy up and have a good starter for the next 10 years.  Throws a wonderfully accurate long ball.  About the only thing wrong with him is that his body language doesn't exude enthusiasm and leadership, he just executes the offense.  But he executes it so well.  Good execution is its own brand of leadership.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question is then why hasn't another team picked him up already?

if I had to make an educated guess I'd say Glennon isn't, and won't be available unless you are willing to give up a BIG time asset, the Bucs can't go into the season with no real back up plan to Winston, and having a coveted young back up QB is almost as good as having gold.

Glennon has positives. He throws a cathcable is accurate seems pretty football smart manages a weaker arm and throws a good deep ball.

When the offense does what it is supposed to, he looks very good. 

However this is his problem.  When a play goes to a second read, when the pocket breaks down, when he does not have the look he needs he is ineffective. He has next to no play making ability. And because of that, when it matters he comes up small.

He is like Fitz in that he will put up decent looking numbers but will not consistently provide wins.

He is the type of QB that once there is a "book" on him he will really struggle. And this is why he is not starting.

Oh. Good. A captivatingly fresh topic. I look forward to hearing about this new idea with observations from posters that don't talk about this often.

Sorry.  Just had to  I know Glennon had been discussed before, and I knew he did alright for a fourth rounder when he went in there, but last night I was surprised at how good he really seemed to be. 

if I had to make an educated guess I'd say Glennon isn't, and won't be available unless you are willing to give up a BIG time asset, the Bucs can't go into the season with no real back up plan to Winston, and having a coveted young back up QB is almost as good as having gold.

True. If a team trades for him they wont be giving up crumbs. 

Bingo , why would TB make him available with Winston being a raw rookie. Jets would have to blow them away with an offer which I can't see happening. 

Saw him last night vs Cincy.  This guy looks like the most starter-ready backup in the past couple of decades.  Somebody is going to pick this guy up and have a good starter for the next 10 years.  Throws a wonderfully accurate long ball.  About the only thing wrong with him is that his body language doesn't exude enthusiasm and leadership, he just executes the offense.  But he executes it so well.  Good execution is its own brand of leadership.

Been saying it for the longest. 

Evans%20catch.gif

45 yards

Evans%20catch%20v.2.gif

Another angle on that pass.

superb%201.gif

30 yard pass in stride with time running down to beat the Steelers.

6.gif

35 yard pass (From where Glennon released the ball) right over the back shoulder

7.gif

45 yard pass...dropped

9.gif

Dropping that pass in between two defenders right to the receivers eyes. (We seen that ability last night as well)

Glennon%20TD%20reversed.gif

30 yard pass (from throwing spot to back of end zone) threading it between 3 defenders. 

2015-04-11%2017_41_18.gif

35 yard dart right to the receivers eyes. 

45%20yard%20Incomp%20TD.gif

Even though this was an incomplete pass the accuracy on this 45 yard pass was right to the WR's eyes and that was all arm given that Glennon couldn't step up having the defender at his feet. Either way that was simply a beautiful pass and was just a great play by the defender though.

However this is his problem.  When a play goes to a second read, when the pocket breaks down, when he does not have the look he needs he is ineffective. He has next to no play making ability. And because of that, when it matters he comes up small.

I gotta disagree with that. 

This is against the Seahawks their SB year. 

2015-04-11%2017_32_05.gif

Flushed out the pocket throwing across his body off his back foot. 

2015-04-11%2017_38_01.gif

Looked at his first option but was flushed out the pocket being chased down throwing off of back foot to a WR who broke off his route and hit him in stride.  Keep in mind, He completes a 30 yard strike on a play that broke down and is under immediate pressure with pinpoint accuracy. Glennon absolutely abused those safeties in this game.

Atlanta Game. 

Glennon%20TD%20atl.gif

scrambles, keeps his eyes down the field while maintaining awareness of the LOS. Finds his receiver in the endzone around 4 Falcon defenders. And of course the pass was called back via a penalty on the O-line. Yet another example of plays that happened that wont show up via the stats sheet because of penalties by his teammates (such as this) or dropped passes.

Glennon is not tops in the league when improvising, but even with his mobile limitations he has shown playmaking ability when plays break down or when under pressure.

Also, Glennon is one of the most comfortable QB's I've seen in the pocket, and thats from a guy who had a terrible Oline. He doesnt get scared or removes his eyes from downfield. And with that he takes alot of hits and I've seen dude get right back up and call the next play. I have yet to even see frustration on his face given that offensive line. He goes straight to the next play where more often than not he puts that offense in a good position. 

Glennon has positives. He throws a cathcable is accurate seems pretty football smart manages a weaker arm and throws a good deep ball.

When the offense does what it is supposed to, he looks very good. 

He is like Fitz in that he will put up decent looking numbers but will not consistently provide wins.

He is the type of QB that once there is a "book" on him he will really struggle. And this is why he is not starting.

This is a fair assessment     At NC State, he was a deer in headlights a lot. 

Lovie Smith does hate good QB's, maybe Villian is on to something cause he's all but ignored Glennon since getting there. I was definitely not a fan of his coming into the draft but I've liked what I've seen since. I wouldn't give up a ton but I'd give him Geno's roster spot in a second

Lovie Smith does hate good QB's, maybe Villian is on to something cause he's all but ignored Glennon since getting there

I honestly dont understand why, atleast in regards to Josh McCown. No way in the world should Lovie had come to that organization and immediately name McCown starter like that. 

As for the Winston pick, I can't really argue that. Though I've banged the table for Glennon, I think Winston's future is bright in this league. However, with that said Lovie again names another QB the starter before preseason even begins. 

Tampa Bay is wasting Glennon's talent on the bench. 

I honestly dont understand why, atleast in regards to Josh McCown. No way in the world should Lovie had come to that organization and immediately name McCown starter like that. 

As for the Winston pick, I can't really argue that. Though I've banged the table for Glennon, I think Winston's future is bright in this league. However, with that said Lovie again names another QB the starter before preseason even begins. 

Tampa Bay is wasting Glennon's talent on the bench. 

Not disagreeing, let me know what you think it would take to get him and I'll let you know if I agree with paying it. I think he's better than anything we've got right now given Fitz's arm stength looks bad coming off the leg injury and I don't know when we can expect that to come back. Geno I'm done with if we can include him to be their new backup

Not disagreeing, let me know what you think it would take to get him and I'll let you know if I agree with paying it. I think he's better than anything we've got right now given Fitz's arm stength looks bad coming off the leg injury and I don't know when we can expect that to come back. Geno I'm done with if we can include him to be their new backup

Keeping this in regards to draft picks, I think that if a trade happened right now for Glennon the team trading for him would have to give up atleast a 3rd rounder. 

Anything less than that Tampa shouldn't accept. No need giving away a guy who could start in this league and who's affordable for a 4th rd pick or less.

Keeping this in regards to draft picks, I think that if a trade happened right now for Glennon the team trading for him would have to give up atleast a 3rd rounder. 

Anything less than that Tampa shouldn't accept. No need giving away a guy who could start in this league and who's affordable for a 4th rd pick or less.

Minimum would be a 3rd and Geno if they would even take mental mouth...

Minimum would be a 3rd and Geno if they would even take mental mouth...

Im not sure if they'd take Geno but I know from watching so much TB football that they need a DE. 

Obviously Wilk will be a Jet this year but if a deal isn't done we can franchise him then trade him and in return get a guy like Glennon and possibly a 2nd rounder. 

I think this should have been done this year especially once we drafted Williams. Sheldon's situation aside, Leger Douzable can hold the fort. I would not have had a problem with Douzable, Williams, Snacks on the line during Sheldon's suspension knowing that I have Glennon as my QB and a 2nd round pick used at the guard position.

Archived