Glennon

kelticwizard

Byron Leftwich 2.0 - Mr. Super Slow footwork, super slow delivery, super slow progression through reads...that the Bucs, of all teams, has replaced with a new QB 2 seasons in a row (McCown and now Winston)...and we want him because....

Ummmm, nooooo 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's accurate as hell can drop the ball in between defenders 45 yards downfield?

I think he'd put a lot of pressure on the oline, but they have looked solid and with our WRs it could spread the field enough to loosen the run game.  I wish we had a stronger TE.  If Gailey was down with the deal, I'm all in.  Gailey should get to pick one franchise QB to be, and if he wants him, I'm in.  But I think Tampa has a weak oline and Winston is going to take some hits.  I bet their asking price now would be high.  

Keeping this in regards to draft picks, I think that if a trade happened right now for Glennon the team trading for him would have to give up atleast a 3rd rounder. 

Anything less than that Tampa shouldn't accept. No need giving away a guy who could start in this league and who's affordable for a 4th rd pick or less.

I'd do a third, that's what I was thinking. I figured you'd say something crazy since you love him, lol

From Tampa's perspective, the only way I think they could draft Winston with Glennon on their roster is if they really believe Winston is going to be an elite player. 

If they believe that, they should be willing to move Glennon for a reasonable price, as they now need to give Winston 3 years to show what he can do, and they cant hold onto Glennon for all that time.

I would give up Coples and a 5 or 6 for Glennon, or a 3rd for him. If he is as good as I think he is, the team is an immediate contender, if not, you draft another guy next year, and continue to let Petty develop.

The NFL is missing the boat big time on this guy, he can play.

I'd do a third, that's what I was thinking. I figured you'd say something crazy since you love him, lol

If it was me I'd go as far as a 2nd rounder, but would push that 3rd rounder pretty hard. Its one of those ballsy-type decisions that could blow up in your face, but if you believe in what you see you pull the trigger and let the cards fall where they fall. Some GM's in the league would probably be scoffed at giving up a 2nd for Glennon, but especially the Jets just given the media here.  

Trading a 2nd rounder for Glennon as a Jets GM would be like going out and trying to do the "impossible". Everyone is going to expect that situation to fail...but if it works you'd be labeled a genius by the very same people that didnt believe in your decision in the first place. Actually, stuff like that should remind us all that generally we must care less and less of what other people think of us and our decisions. It will keep you from either being great or failing miserably in which both are necessary because it requires risk and some faith/belief in yourself. 

I had to remind myself of that when looking at what Chip Kelly was doing over in Philly. I was highly critical of his decisions. Then one day I thought about it. He's doing something that I would, which is betting on himself, and dont give a damn about what other people think. Such an approach takes balls. I respect risk takers. 

Though I find Glennon more as a certainty than a risk. He's had 3 different OC's in 3 years and has been able to function in all of them and the Jets team are a much more talented group which would compliment his game. 

If it was me I'd go as far as a 2nd rounder, but would push that 3rd rounder pretty hard. Its one of those ballsy-type decisions that could blow up in your face, but if you believe in what you see you pull the trigger and let the cards fall where they fall. Some GM's in the league would probably be scoffed at giving up a 2nd for Glennon, but especially the Jets just given the media here.  

Trading a 2nd rounder for Glennon as a Jets GM would be like going out and trying to do the "impossible". Everyone is going to expect that situation to fail...but if it works you'd be labeled a genius by the very same people that didnt believe in your decision in the first place. Actually, stuff like that should remind us all that generally we must care less and less of what other people think of us and our decisions. It will keep you from either being great or failing miserably in which both are necessary because it requires risk and some faith/belief in yourself. 

I had to remind myself of that when looking at what Chip Kelly was doing over in Philly. I was highly critical of his decisions. Then one day I thought about it. He's doing something that I would do, and dont give a damn about what people think. Such approaches takes balls. I respect risk takers. 

GET IT DONE!! 

DO IT DADDY MAC, DO IT!

Glennon has positives. He throws a cathcable is accurate seems pretty football smart manages a weaker arm and throws a good deep ball.

When the offense does what it is supposed to, he looks very good. 

However this is his problem.  When a play goes to a second read, when the pocket breaks down, when he does not have the look he needs he is ineffective. He has next to no play making ability. And because of that, when it matters he comes up small.

He is like Fitz in that he will put up decent looking numbers but will not consistently provide wins.

He is the type of QB that once there is a "book" on him he will really struggle. And this is why he is not starting.

Excellent analysis. Couldn't have put it better. 

Mike Glennon is a guy who looks like he might be someone you want if he plays for another team. If he's on your team, he is frustratingly mediocre. 

PASS. 

I gotta disagree with that. 

This is against the Seahawks their SB year. 

2015-04-11%2017_32_05.gif

Flushed out the pocket throwing across his body off his back foot. 

2015-04-11%2017_38_01.gif

Looked at his first option but was flushed out the pocket being chased down throwing off of back foot to a WR who broke off his route and hit him in stride.  Keep in mind, He completes a 30 yard strike on a play that broke down and is under immediate pressure with pinpoint accuracy. Glennon absolutely abused those safeties in this game.

Atlanta Game. 

Glennon%20TD%20atl.gif

scrambles, keeps his eyes down the field while maintaining awareness of the LOS. Finds his receiver in the endzone around 4 Falcon defenders. And of course the pass was called back via a penalty on the O-line. Yet another example of plays that happened that wont show up via the stats sheet because of penalties by his teammates (such as this) or dropped passes.

Glennon is not tops in the league when improvising, but even with his mobile limitations he has shown playmaking ability when plays break down or when under pressure.

Also, Glennon is one of the most comfortable QB's I've seen in the pocket, and thats from a guy who had a terrible Oline. He doesnt get scared or removes his eyes from downfield. And with that he takes alot of hits and I've seen dude get right back up and call the next play. I have yet to even see frustration on his face given that offensive line. He goes straight to the next play where more often than not he puts that offense in a good position. 

I think you need to watch the first play again. He never took his eyes off his #1 target. He locked on him off the snap and never looked away. 

2nd play - look at the scoreboard. He makes this play against a soft defense with 5 minutes remaining in the game while trailing by 14. How did it get that way? Perhaps because he sucked for 3 and half quarters? He makes one play that doesn't even tie the game and you soil yourself over it?

Lemme guess - big Tebow fan, right?

I think you need to watch the first play again. He never took his eyes off his #1 target. He locked on him off the snap and never looked away. 

2nd play - look at the scoreboard. He makes this play against a soft defense with 5 minutes remaining in the game while trailing by 14. How did it get that way? Perhaps because he sucked for 3 and half quarters? He makes one play that doesn't even tie the game and you soil yourself over it?

Lemme guess - big Tebow fan, right?

You know whats so funny? The part that I highlighted. 

You know the clips that I put up of Glennon against Seattle? Tampa Bay was up on Seattle 23 to 0 with 2 minutes left before halftime if I remember the score correctly. By the end of the 4th quarter, Tampa Bay lost the game. How did it get that way???

You would say: Perhaps its totally Mike Glennon's fault the defense couldn't hold a 23 point advantage for 32 minutes. But there's no need to tell you that, you watched the game right? 

You know whats so funny? The part that I highlighted. 

You know the clips that I put up of Glennon against Seattle? Tampa Bay was up on Seattle 23 to 0 with 2 minutes left before halftime if I remember the score correctly. By the end of the 4th quarter, Tampa Bay lost the game. How did it get that way???

You would say: Perhaps its totally Mike Glennon's fault the defense couldn't hold a 23 point advantage for 32 minutes. But there's no need to tell you that, you watched the game right? 

Maybe because Glennon sucked during the second half?

Dude, I've seen him play plenty. He is really not good. 

If he were the Jets QB, within two games the same people clamoring for him would hate his guts. 

Perhaps Klecko, perhaps! His career achievements at the moment leaves room for people to say he's trash because he's not a top 10 talent and every problem that occurs is his fault, kinda like the way a Jets fan would indeed evaluate a QB. lol 

Seriously though. You're entitled to your opinion. I think Glennon could be a top 15-20 QB talent in the league right now and has the potential to be a top 10-12 QB in the league. 

He's good to me and that's really all that matters. 

Dude, I've seen him play plenty. He is really not good. 

If he were the Jets QB, within two games the same people clamoring for him would hate his guts. 

Have you seen the Jets QB play?  I wish we had a QB that is really not good.  Be a couple

steps up from downright horrible. 

Perhaps Klecko, perhaps! His career achievements at the moment leaves room for people to say he's trash because he's not a top 10 talent and every problem that occurs is his fault, kinda like the way a Jets fan would indeed evaluate a QB. lol 

Seriously though. You're entitled to your opinion. I think Glennon could be a top 15-20 QB talent in the league right now and has the potential to be a top 10-12 QB in the league. 

He's good to me and that's really all that matters. 

Well you keep reaching for the stars!

I'm over it Sally. I am sick of mediocre. I want awesome. 

Awesome play by a Jet QB?  Dude go eat something. I think you may got the hypoglycemia.  I would be happy to start with watchable.  I just want my team watchable and sit through a game without wondering why do I do this to myself.

Bortles is the real deal.  Henne is better than anything we've got.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Of all QBs who threw 100 or more passes last year, Bortles was by far the worst - 44th. Geno was 32nd. 

Of all the QBs who threw less than 100 passes last year, Henne was the worst. His DYAR was -249. Geno's was -33. His DVOA was -54.3. Geno's was -12. Translation: Geno sucked. Henne sucked much harder. Henne was slightly better than Vick. I'll give you that. 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Of all QBs who threw 100 or more passes last year, Bortles was by far the worst - 44th. Geno was 32nd. 

Of all the QBs who threw less than 100 passes last year, Henne was the worst. His DYAR was -249. Geno's was -33. His DVOA was -54.3. Geno's was -12. Translation: Geno sucked. Henne sucked much harder. Henne was slightly better than Vick. I'll give you that. 

Bortles is a stud and we wish we had him.  He looks like a new player out there.  Henne would be a nice consolation prize because he looks so sexy playing QB.

Archived