Glennon

kelticwizard

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Klacko and Villian being pitted on opposite sides of an argument is very disconcerting, one of them has to be right which would seem to violate a universal law of JN

STFU hippie! 

Hey! Did you hear the Dead are touring.... again? Go slather on some patchouli and spin around for while. 

I gotta disagree with that. 

This is against the Seahawks their SB year. 

2015-04-11%2017_32_05.gif

Flushed out the pocket throwing across his body off his back foot. 

2015-04-11%2017_38_01.gif

Looked at his first option but was flushed out the pocket being chased down throwing off of back foot to a WR who broke off his route and hit him in stride.  Keep in mind, He completes a 30 yard strike on a play that broke down and is under immediate pressure with pinpoint accuracy. Glennon absolutely abused those safeties in this game.

Atlanta Game. 

Glennon%20TD%20atl.gif

scrambles, keeps his eyes down the field while maintaining awareness of the LOS. Finds his receiver in the endzone around 4 Falcon defenders. And of course the pass was called back via a penalty on the O-line. Yet another example of plays that happened that wont show up via the stats sheet because of penalties by his teammates (such as this) or dropped passes.

Glennon is not tops in the league when improvising, but even with his mobile limitations he has shown playmaking ability when plays break down or when under pressure.

Also, Glennon is one of the most comfortable QB's I've seen in the pocket, and thats from a guy who had a terrible Oline. He doesnt get scared or removes his eyes from downfield. And with that he takes alot of hits and I've seen dude get right back up and call the next play. I have yet to even see frustration on his face given that offensive line. He goes straight to the next play where more often than not he puts that offense in a good position. 

Villain not to discredit Glennon because I do think he is talented and will one day be an NFL starter but I would bet I could find a few short videos of Sanchez and Geno that would make them look as if they were amazing to someone who has never watched them play before.

Villain not to discredit Glennon because I do think he is talented and will one day be an NFL starter but I would bet I could find a few short videos of Sanchez and Geno that would make them look as if they were amazing to someone who has never watched them play before.

My argument was made based on the person that I responded to saying that Glennon has little to no playmaking ability when he has to go away from his 1st read or when the play breaks down. 

Of course you can make short vids of Sanchez or Geno looking amazing, but that will only work on people who's only experience of Sanchez or Geno are your videos. I've always encouraged people (Just look through this very thread) to watch Mike Glennon play football. Once you do that then my GIF's are no longer needed. 

Furthermore, look how many people either disagreed or were on the fence about Glennon until this past Monday Night Football. Now look at how many people understand what I've been saying for the past 6 months. So with that said, my GIF's arent really influencing people that he's better than what he is. Glennon did just fine on his own this past Monday. 

The kid can play football. 

My argument was made based on the person that I responded to saying that Glennon has little to no playmaking ability when he has to go away from his 1st read or when the play breaks down. 

Of course you can make short vids of Sanchez or Geno looking amazing, but that will only work on people who's only experience of Sanchez or Geno are your videos. I've always encouraged people (Just look through this very thread) to watch Mike Glennon play football. Once you do that then my GIF's are no longer needed. 

Furthermore, look how many people either disagreed or were on the fence about Glennon until this past Monday Night Football? Now look at how many people understand what I've been saying for the past 6 months. So with that said, my GIF's arent really influencing people that he's better than what he is. Glennon did just fine on his own this past Monday. 

The kid can play football. 

The whole forum knows that is true by now, I agree with you he is talented (I have agreed with you in the past also) he can play football. Recently I have seen more posters agreeing with you which is not a bad thing. We don't need the irrational ones seeing 3-4 good plays (never seeing any of the bad ones or him actually play a game) and posting their expert opinions about why we need to trade 2 first round picks for the kid because they saw him throw 3 touchdown passes in good coverage. Those irrational fans who are experts on players they have never watched play based on two short highlight videos already have their dedicated time on the forum (normally about 2 weeks before the nfl draft) and I would hate to see it throughout the entire season.

The whole forum knows that is true by now, I agree with you he is talented (I have agreed with you in the past also) he can play football. Recently I have seen more posters agreeing with you which is not a bad thing. We don't need the irrational ones seeing 3-4 good plays (never seeing any of the bad ones or him actually play a game) and posting their expert opinions about why we need to trade 2 first round picks for the kid because they saw him throw 3 touchdown passes in good coverage. Those irrational fans who are experts on players they have never watched play based on two short highlight videos already have their dedicated time on the forum (normally about 2 weeks before the nfl draft) and I would hate to see it throughout the entire season.

2 1st rounders???  Who said that?  Thats nuts. I got literally castrated by suggesting we trade a 2nd for him.

Well put, and I agree with you. 

Glennon has 1 year left on his contract.  Just under $1,000,000.      If Winston plays well this year Glennon will be most likely be  available for trade next off season.  Will be interesting to see what is offered for him.

Rumors in TB after the draft were that a lot of teams were interested.  Next year looks like a decent QB draft.   Teams in the middle of the draft  might be looking at him.  Suspect they'll ask for a 1st if there is a lot of interest.  Probably take a 2nd.   

He's in Bryce Petty territory for me.  Solid backup who can be an effective spot starter.  4th rounder is all I'd be willing to give up to get him.  Anything higher and that precludes us from legitimately re-entering the QB market in 2016. 

That's a good point.  I suspect it will depend what the Jets think of Petty after this season.   And where they pick pick in the draft.  Will they be high enough to get one of the top QB's.  Or in the second half of the draft.

I like Glennon, but not sure if I want to sell the farm for him.  

He's in Bryce Petty territory for me.  Solid backup who can be an effective spot starter.  4th rounder is all I'd be willing to give up to get him.  Anything higher and that precludes us from legitimately re-entering the QB market in 2016. 

Bryce Petty hasnt even proven that he could be a solid back up. He hasnt played a game, 

2 1st rounders???  Who said that?  Thats nuts. I got literally castrated by suggesting we trade a 2nd for him.

I think he was slightly exaggerating in order emphasize a point. I got the same treatment for suggesting a 3rd lol. 

Shocker that he would meet another's opinion with pure disdain.

Bryce Petty hasnt even proven that he could be a solid back up. He hasnt played a game, 

Exactly.  The "devil you don't know" is just as valuable as the "devil you know" when the devil you don't know shows promise and the devil you know is basically a solid backup/spot starter.   Add Glennon and we still don't have a franchise QB.  Thus, to me, he's worth a 4th.  MAYBE a late 3rd.

Exactly.  The "devil you don't know" is just as valuable as the "devil you know" when the devil you don't know shows promise and the devil you know is basically a solid backup/spot starter.   Add Glennon and we still don't have a franchise QB.  Thus, to me, he's worth a 4th.  MAYBE a late 3rd.

Na, that sound like you're tying to clean that up. Bryce Petty has zero experience. Mike Glennon has started 18 games and played a total of 19. Mike Glennon has over a season's worth of starting experience. Petty was in college taking exams 15 minutes ago and we know absolutely nothing about him in regards to the professional level. Thats not the same. 

Na, that sound like you're tying to clean that up. Bryce Petty has zero experience. Mike Glennon has started 18 games and played a total of 19. Mike Glennon has over a season's worth of starting experience. Petty was in college taking exams 15 minutes ago and we know absolutely nothing about him in regards to the professional level. Thats not the same. 

No, I mean what I said.  If Glennon had shown more in those 19 games he'd be worth more.  As it stands we know Glennon is a capable backup and spot starter.  We HOPE Petty is the same, if not more.  So if anything Petty has more valuable, I'm just giving you and Glennon the benefit of the doubt and elevating him slightly.

No, I mean what I said.  If Glennon had shown more in those 19 games he'd be worth more.  As it stands we know Glennon is a capable backup and spot starter.  We HOPE Petty is the same, if not more.  So if anything Petty has more valuable, I'm just giving you and Glennon the benefit of the doubt and elevating him slightly.

lol okay buddy. 

Archived