How want WRs will the jets keep?

Maxman

I can't remember a year where I was so unsure if what the jets wr depth chart would look like.

Marshall Decker kerley.

Then what? Depends on how many they keep. I'm not going to make a guess but it is interesting right now and the injuries make it even more confusing.

They will keep 7.  the question is who? :)

Marshall
Decker
Enunwa
Kerley
Devin Smith

...the question to me is who makes the last 2 spots.

I think Owusu and Posey make the team...wont be shocked if Walt Powell grabs a spot...can't wait for Shaq Evans to be off the roster~ 

I don't even think Kerley is a definite at this point.

He's 100% a definite.

Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Smith are all locks to make the roster.

I think they keep 6.  Really dont know who will round it off...I think Powell is in.  He's had a great camp and he's a contributor on ST's.  The next guy, I really dont know.  Prior to preseason, my guess was TJ Graham because of his familiarity with the system and his speed.  But now, I'm starting to think Shaq Evans makes the team.

He's 100% a definite.

Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Smith are all locks to make the roster.

I think they keep 6.  Really dont know who will round it off...I think Powell is in.  He's had a great camp and he's a contributor on ST's.  The next guy, I really dont know.  Prior to preseason, my guess was TJ Graham because of his familiarity with the system and his speed.  But now, I'm starting to think Shaq Evans makes the team.

Shaq Evans?

lohan.jpg

Shaq Evans?

lohan.jpg

The kid's a good football player, just needs to stay on the field. 

My guess: Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Smith and Enunwa are locks and Owusu and Evans are the last two in.  I could also see them swapping out either of the last two for injury/concussion concerns and keeping Posey or Powell, but I'll stick with the aforementioned seven. 

my guess is

Marshal - no Brainer

Decker - no brainer

Kerley - Rumor is the staff doesn't love him but he does have a decent set of hands and though is a big drop talent wise from the previous two he has been reliable throughout the years.

Devin Smith - the number 2 pick in Maccs first draft isn't going anywhere probably till his contract is up even if he ends up being a bust (I don't think he will be a bust)

Posey - Ties to Macc and could upset fan base if we just drop him and Jalen Strong ends up being great.

Enunwa - though he hasn't really done much they have been playing him every week with the starters, they seem to like something about him (I don't know what it is)

Powell - Probably the last WR we keep on the roster and I think most of his play will come from special teams, he didn't look great last week returning punts but he is one of the fastest players we have and they might try to mold him.

I can't remember a year where I was so unsure if what the jets wr depth chart would look like.

Marshall Decker kerley.

Then what? Depends on how many they keep. I'm not going to make a guess but it is interesting right now and the injuries make it even more confusing.

Nice Engrish Max. How want WRs ...

My guess: Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Smith and Enunwa are locks and Owusu and Evans are the last two in.  I could also see them swapping out either of the last two for injury/concussion concerns and keeping Posey or Powell, but I'll stick with the aforementioned seven. 

he just needs to stay on the field?

Catching the football would be nice also...

NY-CM363_SP_JET_G_20130731201904.jpg

Think Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Smith, Enunwa, Owusu make the team with Evans and/or Powell slipped onto the PS (assuming they get through waivers). Posey could make it with the Maccagnan connection, but I think the top 6 are better. Can afford to go 6 deep with a bunch of those guys possible contributors on specials. Might be necessary since Smith has missed so much camp and might not be able to contribute a ton off the bat.

Do we know who's going to be returning kicks? Assuming it's Owusu (top of depth chart right now) I think that probably solidifies his roster spot unless Powell overtakes him.

I have not seen even one shred of evidence to suggest he is a good football player.  If you are a bubble guy you have to have clue hands and he seems to drop way too many passes.  He will get the short end of the stick near the bottom of the depth chart because guys like powell, owusu, graham have better special teams potential.

he just needs to stay on the field?

Catching the football would be nice also...

NY-CM363_SP_JET_G_20130731201904.jpg

Try watching him play and not just perpetuate the agenda the beat-writers have towards all of Idzick's picks.  He's a solid football player in that he runs decent routes for a sophomore who missed his entire rookie season, can block and seems to have an understanding of the defense, moreso than some others. He's on the fringe, but I just feel his upside warrants him staying over guys like Powell and Graham.

I have not seen even one shred of evidence to suggest he is a good football player.  If you are a bubble guy you have to have clue hands and he seems to drop way too many passes.  He will get the short end of the stick near the bottom of the depth chart because guys like powell, owusu, graham have better special teams potential.

That's fair, but I have. I think he's a solid player and has been since he transferred away from ND. His upside is considerably higher than guys like Powell and and Graham, which is why if there's even a question, he's the one who's going to stick.  Just my opinion, could easily be wrong. 

Will it be 6 WRs or 7?

If you assume 25 offensive players make the roster, you could imagine:

• 3 QBs (is Flynn getting cut before opening day?)
  • 4 RBs including Bohannon (I think he's making the team)
  • 3 TEs (Amaro, Cumberland, and one other)
  • 9 OL
  • That leaves 6 WRs

Not sure how we're going to squeeze in 7 WRs, and that's even assuming we only carry 3 QBs.  26 O / 24 D?  8 OL?

Osusu shouldn't be a lock for anything.  I like him but he had another concussion quite some time ago and he is still questionable.  They held out of practice for a bit even with the red jersey.  You guys are not giving enough value to specials.  Somebody has to return punts and kicks.  Evans and Enunwa don't.  Owusu, Hakim, Graham, Powell and possibly Posey do.  I guess Kerley will be returning punts (ugh) but these bottom roster guys need to contribute, not just be the best stand-in, if (when) Decker or Marshall get hurt.

That's fair, but I have. I think he's a solid player and has been since he transferred away from ND. His upside is considerably higher than guys like Powell and and Graham, which is why if there's even a question, he's the one who's going to stick.  Just my opinion, could easily be wrong. 

I don't really disagree about Powell, but Graham?  They are different types, but Graham was as good or better a draft prospect than Evans.  Evans is bigger, but Graham is considerably faster. 

Osusu shouldn't be a lock for anything.  I like him but he had another concussion quite some time ago and he is still questionable.  They held out of practice for a bit even with the red jersey.  You guys are not giving enough value to specials.  Somebody has to return punts and kicks.  Evans and Enunwa don't.  Owusu, Hakim, Graham, Powell and possibly Posey do.  I guess Kerley will be returning punts (ugh) but these bottom roster guys need to contribute, not just be the best stand-in, if (when) Decker or Marshall get hurt.

I agree all around. Owusu's concussion history will be taken into consideration when determining the bottom of the roster. Sucks for the kid, but that's reality. Especially if they're looking at special teams capabilities. Can you risk Owusu as a return man? 

I think Enunwa sticks, as he's been getting reps ahead of Kerley, as the #5 guy, and Graham makes it as the speedster/special teamer. And that's it, six WRs - which is a lot when you're carrying four QBs most of the first month of the season. 

I don't really disagree about Powell, but Graham?  They are different types, but Graham was as good or better a draft prospect than Evans.  Evans is bigger, but Graham is considerably faster. 

I've unabashedly rooted for Evans since he was drafted and part of this is because I wanted him to play here like he did in the games I saw him at UCLA.  I was also under the impression that Enunwa and Evans both were playing on specials?  If not, that does change things for Evans, not for Enunwa as I think he's caught the eye of Gailey. 

I also figured they'd keep Hakim, but he'd be listed under specials/kr, mainly because I see them dropping guys from the RB stable like Richardson and Stacy before some of these WRs, but who knows. 

evans is always hurt, he will be cut. He could be practice squad material if eligible. The staff likes enunwa even though he hasn't shown anything in 2 PS games so far

owusu I think will make it, he can return kicks. posey has been getting more looks lately, he may sneak in and beat out powell.

roster- marshall, decker, kerley, devin smith, enunwa, owusu (posey if they keep 7)

Try watching him play and not just perpetuate the agenda the beat-writers have towards all of Idzick's picks.  He's a solid football player in that he runs decent routes for a sophomore who missed his entire rookie season, can block and seems to have an understanding of the defense, moreso than some others. He's on the fringe, but I just feel his upside warrants him staying over guys like Powell and Graham.

Weird, Enunwa is an Idzik pick and there's no bias in the reports about him...

conspiracy.jpg

I've unabashedly rooted for Evans since he was drafted and part of this is because I wanted him to play here like he did in the games I saw him at UCLA.  I was also under the impression that Enunwa and Evans both were playing on specials?  If not, that does change things for Evans, not for Enunwa as I think he's caught the eye of Gailey. 

I also figured they'd keep Hakim, but he'd be listed under specials/kr, mainly because I see them dropping guys from the RB stable like Richardson and Stacy before some of these WRs, but who knows. 

Pretty sure Enunwa plays on the coverage team, but I have never seen him listed for returns or gunner.  Graham and Hakim both do both.  Not sure of Evans on any specials.  I was rooting for Evans because I know Randy Beverly Jr from Italy and he is a UCLA guy. I haven't read much to make me optimistic.

Archived