new Falcons stadium

jbt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those numbers are not inflated; those are NFL attendance figures, not ticket sales figures.  That's bodies through the gates each week.  The 4-12 Jets outdrew the Super Bowl Patriots by over 10,000 fans per game despite our crappy record and lack of a star performer.  That's 80,000 more fans per year going through MetLife turnstiles than Gillette turnstiles.  We are #4 in the NFL in attendance with a sh-t team.  If we put together a winner we'd be #2 or #1.  That's what's great about our stadium.  We have capacity and we have the fanbase to support it.  And that's with two teams in the same town.  Really impressive if you think about it, a testament to the loyalty and dedication of those who go to games.  I'm proud to be one of them.

SAR I

I'm not buying that.  I know some folks are inside but that building is never full unlike in the old building and they have always used tickets sold not bodies through the gates which was why we had a decades long sellout streak until we moved to the new place.

we have a higher capacity than Gillette, those #s are manipulated. NE was at 100% capacity we were not and NE actually had fans in all those seats.

we made the title game in 2010 in one of the most anticipated seasons in our history and we were 4th w/ only 95% capacity.

Metlife-Stadium-New-York-Jets.png

The only thing about the "design" therefore is 1. the segmentation of the four corners and 2. the metal slat exterior.

Segmenting the corners makes getting in/out of the stadium much better, and at halftime you don't have drunks making loops of the concourses and crashing into everyone and spilling their beers.  It's like four small stadiums bundled together, no more chaos, no more fighting for bathrooms, no more waiting in line for food.

As for the metallic exterior, it looks like Manhattan, it looks big and modern and powerful, looks like a skyscraper.  The symbol of our city.  And at night, hit a button, the place goes green.  I love it.

SAR I

This seals the deal for me.  You are a Skanska shill and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Utterly pathetic.

This seals the deal for me.  You are a Skanska shill and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Utterly pathetic.

I think we should have a handicap match in the parking lot. 80 (I mean his new name nj meadowlands lol wtf is up with that name?) vs the geritol kid @Savage69 and modern day super yuppie @Sar I in a battle to the death 

I think we should have a handicap match in the parking lot. 80 (I mean his new name nj meadowlands lol wtf is up with that name?) vs the geritol kid @Savage69 and modern day super yuppie @Sar I in a battle to the death 

LOL.  2 problems -- Savage and I have made nice.  And SAR evidently doesn't wheel his 2001 5-series up to the parking lot until shortly after kickoff.

Also, name change was because I had a password problem one time, and due to some glitch Max had to end up changing my name.  :(

Utterly pathetic.

Ah, so you were someone on the Lower Level with seats you stumbled into from your great-grandfather who loves to smoke and run circles inside the stadium, crashing into everyone and being a general nuisance.

It all makes sense now.

SAR I

Who is "80"?  Does he mean something here on JN?

SAR I

Times have changed, the music industry is dying, there are very few acts that can pull off an 82,500 seat facility and sell it out.

Back in the 80s, you had Springsteen, you had Billy Joel, you had Guns N Roses, even the Eagles could sell out Giants Stadium for a week.  Today, you've got Taylor Swift and maybe U2 and that's it.  People simply don't go to concerts as much anymore.

SAR I

True most people prefer a smaller venue. 

Ah, so you were someone on the Lower Level with seats you stumbled into from your great-grandfather who loves to smoke and run circles inside the stadium, crashing into everyone and being a general nuisance.

It all makes sense now.

SAR I

Actually, I used to be in 307 and am now in the mezzanine.  But if this helps your narrative, inflates your hilarious ego, or helps pay the mortgage on your one floor house in Emerson, power to you buddy!!

Actually, I used to be in 307 and am now in the mezzanine.  But if this helps your narrative, inflates your hilarious ego, or helps pay the mortgage on your one floor house in Emerson, power to you buddy!!

One of my houses has 4 floors, the other 2.  That's 6 in total.

I don't live in Emerson and I have no idea where that comes from. 

SAR I

I think a lot of the reason we have a tin can is because of the construction unions in NY and the fact if they made a groundbreaking stadium the cost would have been completely prohibiitive. That said it is the dullest design ever, I think the Maras wanted it that way though, they just wanted a bigger version of what they had.

I don't think the new stadium is as good as what Giants Stadium was. It is a big  - like you guys said - a toaster oven with little style an substance. At least the old Meadowlands had some color to it.

.West%20Side%20Stadium%20-%20Jets%20Forum

Here we go again.

The West Side Stadium had no upper deck, would have held 15,000 fewer fans than Giants Stadium, would have had no parking, would have had zero tailgating.  And with the tax hit, the lack of a partner to absorb half the 355 days a year it was empty, and MSG being better suited for out-of-season events, the team would be bleeding tens of millions of dollars each year instead of being #1 in attendance in the AFC and #4 overall in the entire NFL.

We are a healthy and competitive NFL franchise because the WSS was never built.  Knuckleheads.

SAR I

Also the inside of Metlife looks nicer and grander than WSS. It gets super loud andin there (see Pats thanksgiving game) and the exterior was designed to cut back on wind swirling... Which it did.

Who cares what the outside looks like? Bunch of divas...

Do some rresearch and you will also find a lot of features from WSS made it to Metlife.

Also the inside of Metlife looks nicer and grander than WSS. It gets super loud andin there (see Pats thanksgiving game) and the exterior was designed to cut back on wind swirling... Which it did.

Do some rresearch and you will also find a lot of features from WSS made it to Metlife.

I think the outside of the Stadium looks better than the inside of the stadium.

I have no problem sharing a football stadium with the Giants in East Rutherford as much as I can't stand them.  That said, F the Giants for c-ckblocking the new stadium from having a retractable roof.

Why would we need a retractable roof when we play in a division with the Dolphins and Bills who would greatly appreciate air conditioning and heat respectively?  This is football, not tennis, I enjoy sitting in a game in the elements, it's part of what makes football different than any other sport.

SAR I

I don't think the new stadium is as good as what Giants Stadium was. It is a big  - like you guys said - a toaster oven with little style an substance. At least the old Meadowlands had some color to it.

6329311344_094f03d139_b.jpg

Yeah, because it's certainly not green enough, we were much better off with a building that said "GIANTS" on the side and had red and blue seats.

SAR I

The wind IS better, true.

But that is not a loud Stadium at all. That's a straight up fabrication.

jetsgreenst_zpsskobxz4n.jpg

Exactly.

It's plenty green inside, walls, ribbon boards, TV screens, MetLife logo, Ring Of Honor.  This talk of how the stadium doesn't look "Jets" is ridiculous.

SAR I

That ATL stadium is is spectacular.  And yes, the WSS would have been amazing. Smaller seating capacity, better sight lines, all seats close to the action, NYC, etc.  

MetLife never had a chance to be great because it was a result of compromise between two parties that couldn't agree about anything.  It wasn't designed with a singular vision but with by rationalizing 2 separate checklists.  It is what it is.  

Archived