Beckham 'looking forward' to visiting Revis Island

BurnleyJet

Beckham 'looking forward' to visiting Revis Island

Giants wideout Odell Beckham Jr. wasn't on the field for last year's magical Snoopy Bowl.

Neither was Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, who was tucked away in New England at the time and also missed the NFL's annual New York vs. New York preseason showdown.

They'll both play Saturday night and presumably duel each other for much of the first half, which has ODB looking forward to the encounter.

"Why would you not want to go against the best in the league, the Patrick Petersons, the (Richard) Shermans, Revis, Joe Haden," Beckham said, per Tom Rock of Newsday. "That's what you come here to do is put yourself in the best position possible to go against the best and he's clearly one of the best. It should be a tough challenge but I'm looking forward to going out there to compete."

Beckham called Revis "a good dude, a very good person," after the two hung out during the wideout's whirlwind, fame-bathed offseason.

Widely seen as the best receiver from a once-in-a-generation class of rookie pass-catchers, Beckham has been held without a catch over two straight preseason tilts. That's hardly a concern -- he's going to fry teams this season -- but how fitting for that first grab to come against Revis?

Snoopy Bowl 2015: Come for the wild, flowing ginger beard of Ryan Fitzpatrick; stay for Gotham's two biggest football stars clashing in an otherwise meaningless tiff.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000516402/article/beckham-looking-forward-to-visiting-revis-island

when Dez give him a hard time? 

They've played once

I remember that game for first quarter dez was unstoppable and looked like a cyborg built from the best parts of other receivers but mercifully he got hurt and missed the rest of the game and jets won. It was week one a few years back

I remember that game for first quarter dez was unstoppable and looked like a cyborg built from the best parts of other receivers but mercifully he got hurt and missed the rest of the game and jets won. It was week one a few years back

He had three catches in the entire game, don't know that all were while covered by Revis.

I do remember that the entire game changed when Revis duped Romo, steped in front of Dez and picked off the pass and moved upfield  

He had three catches in the entire game, don't know that all were while covered by Revis.

I do remember that the entire game changed when Revis duped Romo, steped in front of Dez and picked off the pass and moved upfield  

He didn't play the whole game. I don't remember who was on coverage on each catch.

I think Cro gave up a touchdown and Dez was playing well until they put Revis on him. I think the first target he caught a ball and that was it for the rest of the night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Cro gave up a touchdown and Dez was playing well until they put Revis on him. I think the first target he caught a ball and that was it for the rest of the night.

He was playing well until he GOT HURT AND LEFT THE GAME.

Meanwhile, wide receiver Dez Bryant was slowed in the second half because of a brusied quad suffered on a punt return.  Jones wasn’t happy about how Bryant was hurt after the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/12/jerry-jones-not-happy-dez-bryant-gets-hurt-on-punt-returns/

Bryant bruised his thigh on a punt return, left the game and didn't return.

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury-predictor/player/23999

Dez was the intended receiver on the INT to set up the GW FG.  Dez did not get hurt, Dez had a catch or 2 early(not all on revis) and Revis shut him down the majority of the game including getting the GW pick.

Dez had 3 recs and a TD.  the TD was while Cro was covering him.  He only had one rec against revis and it is in the video below.

This is incorrect.  Bryant was having a pretty nice game, but was targeted a ton.  I'm not sure how much came against Revis.  It was the opener in 2011.  Sunday night and I think it was the tenth anniversary of 9-11.  Bryant may have gotten hurt, but he played the whole game.  The Jets were down and at the end of the 4th Rex called safety help behind Revis so that Revis could step in front for an easy pick.  It was another brilliant comeback by the Sanchize.  Down 17-10 going into the 4th he throws a pick 6.  After managing a TD to Burress to get it to 24-17, he fumbles after getting sacked.  Then when Revis returned the pick to the 34, he drove them 2 yards for the game winning 50 yarder by Folk.  Bryant was out there until the end.  I am pretty sure that he was part of the Cal Band play they tried at the end.

It was this.  Dez looked unstoppable with Cro on him, they switched Revis over and it was lights out.  I can remember the play that Dez was miked up and Revis covered him like a blanket and pushed him around a little bit and Dez walking next to him said, "I respect you" and Revis said something similar.

That was also the game that Rex called that brilliant trap on the sidelines that worked perfectly, when Revis picked off a ball intended for Dez to put us in FG position to win the game.

This is incorrect.  Bryant was having a pretty nice game, but was targeted a ton.  I'm not sure how much came against Revis.  It was the opener in 2011.  Sunday night and I think it was the tenth anniversary of 9-11.  Bryant may have gotten hurt, but he played the whole game.  The Jets were down and at the end of the 4th Rex called safety help behind Revis so that Revis could step in front for an easy pick.  It was another brilliant comeback by the Sanchize.  Down 17-10 going into the 4th he throws a pick 6.  After managing a TD to Burress to get it to 24-17, he fumbles after getting sacked.  Then when Revis returned the pick to the 34, he drove them 2 yards for the game winning 50 yarder by Folk.  Bryant was out there until the end.  I am pretty sure that he was part of the Cal Band play they tried at the end.

there's so much wrong info in this post I don't know where to begin.

I guess I will start w/ Bryant was having a pretty nice game.  He had one longish pass play where we were in zone and revis was nowhere near him and he caught a short pass and took it 42 yds.  he also scored a 3 yd TD w/ Cro on him.  Bryant caught ONE pass against revis.  A perfect throw and catch down the sideline which is in the video I posted.

ONE catch against Revis- ONE.  3 catches overall.

This wasn't as impressive of a comeback as at Indy in the playoffs, at Detroit 2010 or some of the many other others but Mark made plays to help the team.

He did get picked at the end of the 3rd qtr and it was returned to the 1, was not a pick 6.  Dallas went up 24-10.  Sanchez immediately brought the team downfield and threw an absolute perfect pass to Plax to pull us w/in 7.  he had us moving again and he was hit from the blindside and fumbled.  D got stop and we blocked punt to tie it.  INT set up GW FG.

It was this.  Dez looked unstoppable with Cro on him, they switched Revis over and it was lights out.  I can remember the play that Dez was miked up and Revis covered him like a blanket and pushed him around a little bit and Dez walking next to him said, "I respect you" and Revis said something similar.

That was also the game that Rex called that brilliant trap on the sidelines that worked perfectly, when Revis picked off a ball intended for Dez to put us in FG position to win the game.

This.  Dez didn't exactly abuse Revis, but he did look like a good a match up for him.

there's so much wrong info in this post I don't know where to begin.

I guess I will start w/ Bryant was having a pretty nice game.  He had one longish pass play where we were in zone and revis was nowhere near him and he caught a short pass and took it 42 yds.  he also scored a 3 yd TD w/ Cro on him.  Bryant caught ONE pass against revis.  A perfect throw and catch down the sideline which is in the video I posted.

ONE catch against Revis- ONE.  3 catches overall.

This wasn't as impressive of a comeback as at Indy in the playoffs, at Detroit 2010 or some of the many other others but Mark made plays to help the team.

He did get picked at the end of the 3rd qtr and it was returned to the 1, was not a pick 6.  Dallas went up 24-10.  Sanchez immediately brought the team downfield and threw an absolute perfect pass to Plax to pull us w/in 7.  he had us moving again and he was hit from the blindside and fumbled.  D got stop and we blocked punt to tie it.  INT set up GW FG.

Haha.  You're beyond ridiculous.  I said I didn't know how much was against Revis, but he had 70+ yards on the first two drives.  That isn't having a pretty nice game?  Look it up.  At 7:38 of the 1st quarter he had 3 for 71 with a TD.  Figure that over the course of an entire game.  You're right it is not pretty nice.  It is ******* historic.  2.  I didn't say he did a thing against Revis, I said I didn't know how much was against Revis.  I was going from memory.  3. You're also correct that it wasn't a pick 6.  Sean Lee ran it in for a TD, but it was overturned and they went in a couple of plays later.  Wow! So inaccurate!  Conquering hero!  Thanks for making me look that up. 

Revis' response:  "It's a preseason game."

http://www.scout.com/nfl/jets/story/1579185-revis-on-beckham-battle-it-s-preseason

Revis on Beckham battle: It's preseason

While impressed with Beckham, Darrelle Revis isn't excited for the two's matchup Saturday night

FLORHAM PARK: New York Jets all-pro cornerback Darrelle Revis knows all about the phenomena that is Odell Beckham Jr.

He's watched the replays of "the catch," heck, he admits it's probably the best he's ever seen. He's looked at the stats, after all, those 91 receptions for 1,305 yards and 12 touchdowns in 12 games are impossible to overlook. 

Revis has even hung out with Mr. Popular himself. But as far as seeing Beckham on the field for the first time Saturday night, well, he doesn't care much about that. 

"It's a preseason game," Revis said. "This is for our team to get better. That's all I'm really focusing on." 

In just a few days, and for about three quarters, arguably the game's best cornerback will match up against the league's most up-and-coming star in the "Snoopy Bowl," the annual exhibition game between the New York Giants and Jets. With this the 'dress rehearsal' and most meaningful of the meaningless four 'practice games' leading up the season, Revis and Beckham should see an awful lot of each other. 

In the past, the Battle for New York has always had some sort of storyline surrounding it, despite the fact the game doesn't have any barring on the regular season. Former Jets coach Rex Ryan usually found a way to create a headline, a Giants player or two would comment and the back pages of papers would be filled with fun banter between the two sides. 

"It's kind of a cross-town rival. There's been more to the game, for both organizations," Revis said. "You're trying to see who's the best in the city. It's just something where this is, from a game standpoint, it's going to be a little more magnified towards a regular season game."

But with Rex now in Buffalo, and Todd Bowles as tight-lipped as Tom Coughlin, there hasn't been much talk in the days leading up to the game. In fact, just about the only talk heading in is how Beckham will match up against Revis.

Speaking to reporters on Wednesday, Beckham, who was placed on the cover of this year's Madden 16 video game, had nothing but kind words pertaining to Revis and spoke glowingly of the corner. 

"Why would you not want to go against the best in the league," Beckham said. "the Patrick Peterson's, the Richard Sherman's, Revis, the Joe Haden's. That's what you come here to do is put yourself in the best position possible to go against the best. 

"He's clearly one of the best. It should be a tough challenge, but I'm looking forward to just being able to go out there and compete." 

While Revis spoke highly of what Beckham did last year, he admitted he hasn't watched film of him or broken down his play. In fact, other than highlights, Saturday night will be the first time Revis sees Beckham in action. 

What Revis did comment on is how Beckham is going to need to step up his play in year two. While he was a relatively unknown a season ago, teams will now be game planning specifically to stop No. 13. Even leading up to their preseason game, the Jets had receivers Saalim Hakim and Walter Powell wearing practice jerseys with Beckham's number on them to prepare for him Saturday. 

"He's gotta step up to the challenge," Revis said. "He definitely is maybe a target for coaches to game play, or maybe slide the coverages over his way, or maybe a safety, or maybe a double team. The guy did awesome last year. This comes with it in years after. It's something that he has to work at. 

While Revis downplayed the two's upcoming battle, there's no denying his competitive nature will have him going when the two are on the field together. Will it be as heated as when the Jets and Giants face each other Week 13? 

No, but for a preseason battle, it's not too bad. 

2011 NFL Leg

Bryant bruised his thigh on a punt return, left the game and didn't return.

Dez was the intended receiver on the INT to set up the GW FG.  Dez did not get hurt, Dez had a catch or 2 early(not all on revis) and Revis shut him down the majority of the game including getting the GW pick.

Dez had 3 recs and a TD.  the TD was while Cro was covering him.  He only had one rec against revis and it is in the video below.

2011 NFL Leg Bryant bruised his thigh on a punt return, left the game and didn't return.

2011 NFL Leg Bryant bruised his thigh on a punt return, left the game and didn't return.

What is that sh*t?  Wikipedia?  Like 10 people cited 4th quarter plays from memory?  Is it a joke I can't access from here?

4 0:59 1 10 DAL 41 Tony Romo pass incomplete short right intended for Dez Bryant is intercepted by Darrelle Revis at NYJ-46 and returned for 20 yards (tackle by Doug Free)
4 0:03 2 10 DAL 34 Tony Romo pass complete short left to Miles Austin for 7 yards, lateral to Jamaal Westerman for no gain (tackle by Dez Bryant). Felix Jones fumbles, recovered by Jamaal Westerman at DAL-31 (tackle by Dez Bryant)

Impressive that he pulled both of those plays off without returning.  The link you supplied does not even seem to show what game.

What is that sh*t?  Wikipedia?  Like 10 people cited 4th quarter plays from memory?  Is it a joke I can't access from here?

4 0:59 1 10 DAL 41 Tony Romo pass incomplete short right intended for Dez Bryant is intercepted by Darrelle Revis at NYJ-46 and returned for 20 yards (tackle by Doug Free)
4 0:03 2 10 DAL 34 Tony Romo pass complete short left to Miles Austin for 7 yards, lateral to Jamaal Westerman for no gain (tackle by Dez Bryant). Felix Jones fumbles, recovered by Jamaal Westerman at DAL-31 (tackle by Dez Bryant)

Impressive that he pulled both of those plays off without returning.  The link you supplied does not even seem to show what game.

Ok so he returned as a decoy. He was destroying Jets. Injury stopped him.

Archived