Beckham 'looking forward' to visiting Revis Island

BurnleyJet

Beckham 'looking forward' to visiting Revis Island

Giants wideout Odell Beckham Jr. wasn't on the field for last year's magical Snoopy Bowl.

Neither was Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, who was tucked away in New England at the time and also missed the NFL's annual New York vs. New York preseason showdown.

They'll both play Saturday night and presumably duel each other for much of the first half, which has ODB looking forward to the encounter.

"Why would you not want to go against the best in the league, the Patrick Petersons, the (Richard) Shermans, Revis, Joe Haden," Beckham said, per Tom Rock of Newsday. "That's what you come here to do is put yourself in the best position possible to go against the best and he's clearly one of the best. It should be a tough challenge but I'm looking forward to going out there to compete."

Beckham called Revis "a good dude, a very good person," after the two hung out during the wideout's whirlwind, fame-bathed offseason.

Widely seen as the best receiver from a once-in-a-generation class of rookie pass-catchers, Beckham has been held without a catch over two straight preseason tilts. That's hardly a concern -- he's going to fry teams this season -- but how fitting for that first grab to come against Revis?

Snoopy Bowl 2015: Come for the wild, flowing ginger beard of Ryan Fitzpatrick; stay for Gotham's two biggest football stars clashing in an otherwise meaningless tiff.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000516402/article/beckham-looking-forward-to-visiting-revis-island

I doubt this guy is ready to visit that island. If the Jacksonville secondary got under his skin aint no telling what he'll be reduced to after Revis gets through with him. That just may be career ending...talking to volleyballs. 

cast_away.jpg

Ok so he returned as a decoy. He was destroying Jets. Injury stopped him.

I don't know if he was stopped by Revis or Cro, but he wasn't a decoy.  I don't think he ever left the game.  He got his 26 yarder (the one nyjunc is saying was on Revis) after his last punt return. He was targeted like 8 times and only two were before his last punt return.  He got 1/3 of his yards after this alleged injury.  He may have been slowed, but Revis also did a much better job on him than Cromartie.   I know people like to say that Revis guarded the #1, well at that point Miles Austin was their #1.  He was coming off two straight pro bowl seasons and looking like a beast.  Putting Revis on Austin to start the game would have been normal procedure.  They certainly switched coverage.  You will notice that Austin suddenly woke up and ended up with 5/90 and a TD.  It is impossible to tell how much the injury contributed, but Bryant did not destroy Revis.

I don't know if he was stopped by Revis or Cro, but he wasn't a decoy.  I don't think he ever left the game.  He got his 26 yarder (the one nyjunc is saying was on Revis) after his last punt return. He was targeted like 8 times and only two were before his last punt return.  He got 1/3 of his yards after this alleged injury.  He may have been slowed, but Revis also did a much better job on him than Cromartie.   I know people like to say that Revis guarded the #1, well at that point Miles Austin was their #1.  He was coming off two straight pro bowl seasons and looking like a beast.  Putting Revis on Austin to start the game would have been normal procedure.  They certainly switched coverage.  It is impossible to tell how much the injury contributed, but he did not destroy Revis.

Yeah he left and returned injured. He was questionable all week for week 2.  Looks like we are all right!

"The combination of a bruised quadriceps, cramps and the NFL's best cornerback made the Cowboys' mega-talented young receiver all but invisible. His only memorable moments in the second half of the Cowboys' crushing, come-from-ahead 27-24 loss came when Bryant jogged to the locker room to get an IV and when he was the target of the pick that completed the Dallas' offense's fourth-quarter meltdown and set up the game-deciding field goal."

"There was no back-down in Bryant when Revis got in his face to start the next series. Three plays later, Bryant muscled Revis for position on a back-shoulder strike from Romo for a 26-yard gain."

"Bryant's toughness can never be doubted. It's amazing, however, that such an impressive physical specimen can be so fragile."

"I'm just saying he's getting hurt on returns," said Jones, who believed the bruised quad played a major role in the Dez disappearing act."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6960365/dallas-cowboys-wr-dez-bryant-shows-brilliant-flashes-disappears

Excuses, excuses.  he played, he was fine.  you'd be shocked to know that players generally play through bruises and cramps.

Sounds more like you're unable to concede anything even when proven wrong, or even partially so, in black and white with contemporary sources.  Sounds like a self-esteem thing.

ESPN quoting Jerry Jones?  No bias there. 

One quote the rest is the reporter's view. Another guy who can't acknowledge being wrong on a message board because well, who knows why.  We were both right.  Not hard to say that if you're honest with yourself.

Sounds more like you're unable to concede anything even when proven wrong, or even partially so, in black and white with contemporary sources.  Sounds like a self-esteem thing.

nothing was proven, he played through pain every player plays through.  he didn't miss any action, didn't miss any games.

nothing was proven, he played through pain every player plays through.  he didn't miss any action, didn't miss any games.

lol clearly you are more interested in "winning internet" than a discussion. beautiful generalized statement with zero basis in fact whatsoever.

One quote the rest is the reporter's view. Another guy who can't acknowledge being wrong on a message board because well, who knows why.  We were both right.  Not hard to say that if you're honest with yourself.

What the **** are you even talking about?  I never said that he didn't get dinged.  I really don't remember it, but he never left the game and Jerry Jones is the one raising the excuse.  "I'm just saying he's getting hurt on returns," said Jones, who believed the bruised quad played a major role in the Dez disappearing act."  You are the one making these bold proclamations  " Sorry but cowboys win that game if Dez doesn't get hurt.  Facts is facts.  ESPN > YOU."  That is from your mouth.  ESPN doesn't mean sh*t to me and even they don't say the Cowboys would have won if Bryant didn't get a bruise. 

I see you edited that out of your post.  Nice that you walk back the BS I was arguing against, then accuse me of being argumentative.  I never even make any firm claim.  There is no way to tell how much was Revis and how much being dinged.

What the **** are you even talking about?  I never said that he didn't get dinged.  I really don't remember it, but he never left the game and Jerry Jones is the one raising the excuse.  "I'm just saying he's getting hurt on returns," said Jones, who believed the bruised quad played a major role in the Dez disappearing act."  You are the one making these bold proclamations  " Sorry but cowboys win that game if Dez doesn't get hurt.  Facts is facts.  ESPN > YOU."  That is from your mouth.  ESPN doesn't mean sh*t to me and even they don't say the Cowboys would have won if Bryant didn't get a bruise. 

Proof you're not even reading what I wrote: "when Bryant jogged to the locker room to get an IV" quoted from espn.  This isn't a discussion, it's an ego trip.  so enjoy it alone.  

This was a fun thread to read. Finally. 

Fact is, (1) Dez never left the game with an injury, (2) Dez was in fact the target on the Revis int at the end of the game, and (3) apart from that gorgeous 26 yard catch with 8 minutes left in the first quarter which resulted in nothing more than a dallas punt, Dez was 0/4 against Revis with the one pickle at the end of the game. For all intents and purposes, Dez was useless the moment Revis was put on him. Jerry can blame it on a bunch of cramps, but then that's probably not a great look for your star NFL WR.

Beckham is 0-7 on targets to receptions so far in the pre season, he should probably work on catching a ball before running his mouth. (not to take away anything he did last season because he WAS amazing and helped me win quite a few fantasy leagues)

Beckham is 0-7 on targets to receptions so far in the pre season, he should probably work on catching a ball before running his mouth. (not to take away anything he did last season because he WAS amazing and helped me win quite a few fantasy leagues)

where has he run his mouth?

Archived