Jets Bringing in QB Josh Johnson for Workout

JetNation

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres breaking news Fitzpatrick and Flynn both suck and the Jets dont want to have to start Petty so now they are in panic mode

all 4 of em are better than Geno. ... And I don't even know who josh Johnson is!!! Haha

We are a better team with fitz starting as opposed to Geno, so there really isn't much to worry about except the depth at the position. If fitz stays upright, we'll be OK. 

Our running game and defense will be strengths and fitz will manage and we will win.

You must accept, joewillly, that Geno smith has one more year of  putting his hoodie up and sulking on the sideline. I wish it was different for you cuz you seem like a nice guy. 

all 4 of em are better than Geno. ... And I don't even know who josh Johnson is!!! Haha

We are a better team with fitz starting as opposed to Geno, so there really isn't much to worry about except the depth at the position. If fitz stays upright, we'll be OK. 

Our running game and defense will be strengths and fitz will manage and we will win.

You must accept, joewillly, that Geno smith has one more year of  putting his hoodie up and sulking on the sideline. I wish it was different for you cuz you seem like a nice guy. 

No they aren't, HAHA Fitz has the weakest arm in the NFL and other teams defenses know this 

STOP being a hater.

I don't know that Flynn's even ready to play is he?

Bowles said when we signed him he was a week or so away from being able to practice but they wanted to give him that week to get into the playbook; however, he also said if someone better came along...

@nyjets
We have signed QB Josh Johnson and waived QB Jake Heaps- http://bit.ly/1Lz8fu8

Nice addition. I like it.

the last preseason game just got a little more interesting.  Flynn and Johnson battle for a roster spot; wait, is that interesting or sad?

I think it's interesting... I mean, that's what week 4 of the preseason is for: letting the roster depth slug it out for a spot. Far better to see 3rd stringers in competition than Rex callously anointing scrubs.

It is called real competition and very nice to see!!

Not a ringing endorsement.  I agree.  I think he makes Flynn beat out Johnson.  We likely go into the season with 4 QBs, Petty and Geno inactive every week, Fitzpatrick starting and one of those two behind him.  Whoevber plays better the next two weeks.  Johnson maybe gets 1 or 2 drives this week tops.  He'll only be comfortable with a small set of plays by Saturday.  This might be another week we get a big sample from Petty.  Maybe not so much week 4.  Flynn's advantage will be an extra week in the playbook, putting Johnson behind the 8 ball.  Johnson's advantage is going to be health.  Can he catch up enough to do some things and spark some plays that Flynn can't?  It may be fun to watch unfold just to kill time between now and the season...which is grueling.  

“He was the only one available, too,” Bowles said.

The Jets took a flyer on the veteran Flynn on Wednesday, agreeing to treat his injured hamstring as he attempts to make the team after being released by the Patriots nine days ago. Bowles noted that Flynn is likely “a week away” from being able to practice with the team.

“Like everybody else, you want to find better, but Matt’s a good quarterback,” Bowles said. “I wanted to get him in here so he can have a week, learn and pick everything up so when he got healthy he can go out and play.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/bowles-jets-signed-flynn-qb-article-1.2331290

Not a ringing endorsement.  I agree.  I think he makes Flynn beat out Johnson.  We likely go into the season with 4 QBs, Petty and Geno inactive every week, Fitzpatrick starting and one of those two behind him.  Whoevber plays better the next two weeks.  Johnson maybe gets 1 or 2 drives this week tops.  He'll only be comfortable with a small set of plays by Saturday.  This might be another week we get a big sample from Petty.  Maybe not so much week 4.  Flynn's advantage will be an extra week in the playbook, putting Johnson behind the 8 ball.  Johnson's advantage is going to be health.  Can he catch up enough to do some things and spark some plays that Flynn can't?  It may be fun to watch unfold just to kill time between now and the season...which is grueling.  

“He was the only one available, too,” Bowles said.

The Jets took a flyer on the veteran Flynn on Wednesday, agreeing to treat his injured hamstring as he attempts to make the team after being released by the Patriots nine days ago. Bowles noted that Flynn is likely “a week away” from being able to practice with the team.

“Like everybody else, you want to find better, but Matt’s a good quarterback,” Bowles said. “I wanted to get him in here so he can have a week, learn and pick everything up so when he got healthy he can go out and play.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/bowles-jets-signed-flynn-qb-article-1.2331290

Honestly I would be surprised if Johnson sees the field this week at all. I think they basically play it like they did last week where Fitz plays half Petty plays half. Maybe they let Johnson take a knee at the end.

No way!!!

Petty looked like the best QB on the field at times last game.  Give the kid time he is a gamer something we can't say about any other QB on our roster.  

Well, outside of Matt Ryan.  He did walk down the field for two easy TDs, though 1 was set up by Hester's return...be Ryan abused even Revis (think Julio Jones PI on 3rd down in the red zone vs Revis).  After Matt Ryan, I'd say Petty was the best QB on the field, hands down.

Well, outside of Matt Ryan.  He did walk down the field for two easy TDs, though 1 was set up by Hester's return...be Ryan abused even Revis (think Julio Jones PI on 3rd down in the red zone vs Revis).  After Matt Ryan, I'd say Petty was the best QB on the field, hands down.

I watched both Mariota and Winston carefully in their last two games and only Winston looked way better than Petty to me.  Winston had a command of the huddle and confidence in his voice that was evident even from the TV.  Mariota I thought was good but not so accurate (I am a Ducks Fan) but the boy is definitely athletic and his team his behind him.  But I though Petty was in many ways as good as Mariota as far as slinging the football.

So I feel if the Jets give Petty a chance when he is ready that they have a chance to have a quality QB under center.

So I feel if the Jets give Petty a chance when he is ready that they have a chance to have a quality QB under center.

Who in the Jets organization is qualified to make that decision we haven't had a QB since Joe Namath. 

Mariota and Winston starting. Why not Petty.

Who in the Jets organization is qualified to make that decision we haven't had a QB since Joe Namath. 

Mariota and Winston starting. Why not Petty.

I truly think that Chan is that person and why he was a good pick as OC.  I am hoping that we can get two years from Chan and he has a chance to develop the QBs that we have under center.....

I feel so much better than the bull horns and the red light green light wrist band methods that we had under the previous regime!

I watched both Mariota and Winston carefully in their last two games and only Winston looked way better than Petty to me.  Winston had a command of the huddle and confidence in his voice that was evident even from the TV.  Mariota I thought was good but not so accurate (I am a Ducks Fan) but the boy is definitely athletic and his team his behind him.  But I though Petty was in many ways as good as Mariota as far as slinging the football.

hope so too.  Time will tell.

Archived