This is good news right? (Romo and Rodgers only QBs to beat Fitzpatrick in YPP and TD %)

BornJetsFan1983

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's a bit of a misleading stat ... haha ... I will say that, although I might be in a bit of a Pollyanna mood, I would not be completely shocked if this turns out similar to the whole Testaverde situation. I know Fitzy has an arm more similar to Chad Pennington and nowhere near Vinny's, but I mean that NOBODY believes in Fitzpatrick (as no one believed in Vinny and his decision making) and I can see him doing damage in this offensive system with the talent he has at the skill positions if the OL can give him the time. The guy has bounced around and learned a lot over the years and this is the most talent he has ever been around as well as it being the Autumn of his career and last chance to really prove himself, as was the case with Vinny. From my lips to God's ears, as Joe Beningo would say.

Yeah....I know...in Fantasy Football you run into all sorts of stats.. This is good news right?

2. Tony Romo and Aaron Rodgers are the only two quarterbacks who averaged more yards per pass attempt and had a higher touchdown percentage than ... wait for it ... Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Check out the article

I've been saying it since we traded for him... he was a very good QB last year with a good system and players around him.

My biggest concern with Fitz has been him recovering from the injury in time to get the reps he needs to re-establish his mechanics and lower-body strength... both of which would in fact effect his accuracy and arm strength (which we've heard gripes about so far).

I've been saying it since we traded for him... he was a very good QB last year with a good system and players around him.

My biggest concern with Fitz has been him recovering from the injury in time to get the reps he needs to re-establish his mechanics and lower-body strength... both of which would in fact effect his accuracy and arm strength (which we've heard gripes about so far).

finally some common sense

Their completions and TD's were more preferable.

It was yards per attempt that were more preferable. Obviously those were not real yards because we all know he's the worst QB ever.

Averaging over 8 yards per drop back is very misleading because they are not real yards but....Wait a minute those were real yards, and maybe the guys complaining on this site just don't know what they're talking about.

Who cares how strong your arm is when you can average 8 ypa, and throw a lot of TDs?

Btw Fitz' TDs are worth as many points as any other QB as well. I guess we should let the games play out and see what happens. Everyone back away from the ledge.

I wouldn't draft Fitz as my backup QB in a 40 man fantasy league. I think you have it backwards he is much better as a real QB than a fantasy one.

he's pretty bad as a real QB but he puts up decent #s to fool people that don't watch him into think he's good. 

he's pretty bad as a real QB but he puts up decent #s to fool people that don't watch him into think he's good. 

I lived on Ft. Drum when the whole Fitzmagic thing was going on, Buffalo was my local team there, I have watched him play with every team since and I know what Fitz is (he is not great by any means) this does not change the fact that he is not a good fantasy QB (most leagues have Manziel and Marriota going undrafted both of which will have higher fantasy scores than Fitz this year). Fitz will be a decent QB (all we need him to be) and play safe. Just because he is not fun to watch (he truly isn't) doesn't mean he is the worst QB in the NFL (he also truly isn't)

I lived on Ft. Drum when the whole Fitzmagic thing was going on, Buffalo was my local team there, I have watched him play with every team since and I know what Fitz is (he is not great by any means) this does not change the fact that he is not a good fantasy QB (most leagues have Manziel and Marriota going undrafted both of which will have higher fantasy scores than Fitz this year). Fitz will be a decent QB (all we need him to be) and play safe. Just because he is not fun to watch (he truly isn't) doesn't mean he is the worst QB in the NFL (he also truly isn't)

he's a better fantasy QB than a real QB.

I have a feeling you haven't watched him play much, Go ahead and draft Fitz for your fantasy teams and watch him play the first few games of the season then get back to me.

You are completely missing the point.  I am not saying draft him for your fantasy team, the point is he sucks as a real QB but people that don't watch him think he is good b/c he puts up decent #s.

I have watched him plenty, he's not good.

You are completely missing the point.  I am not saying draft him for your fantasy team, the point is he sucks as a real QB but people that don't watch him think he is good b/c he puts up decent #s.

I have watched him plenty, he's not good.

I think you might be the one who is missing the point. No one thinks Fitz is a great QB, some of us who are supporting him (I personally would rather see Geno play) are doing so because he is a safe QB and is likely to give us more touchdowns than turnovers (Something we have not had in a long time). Its not like there are better options available to us at this time, if there were than Bowels and Macc would have already went after them seeing as they are a new HC and GM respectively and those have not been very secure positions to hold in the NFL as of late.

I think you might be the one who is missing the point. No one thinks Fitz is a great QB, some of us who are supporting him (I personally would rather see Geno play) are doing so because he is a safe QB and is likely to give us more touchdowns than turnovers (Something we have not had in a long time). Its not like there are better options available to us at this time, if there were than Bowels and Macc would have already went after them seeing as they are a new HC and GM respectively and those have not been very secure positions to hold in the NFL as of late.

I support him, I want him to do well and help us win.  I am not confident it will happen but I am rooting for it.

how is a guy that throws 1 INT for ever 28 attempts a safe QB?  Geno averages 1 every 24, is that a huge difference?

I support him, I want him to do well and help us win.  I am not confident it will happen but I am rooting for it.

how is a guy that throws 1 INT for ever 28 attempts a safe QB?  Geno averages 1 every 24, is that a huge difference?

Not certain where your stats came from, mine are from the NFL website. Fitz last year threw 1 Int per every 39 attempts compared to Genos 1 to every 28, it is a pretty significant difference. Fitz also threw 1 TD per every 18 attempts compared to Geno who threw 1 to every 28. As you stated earlier the stats are not really a good indicator of who is the better QB as they have very different play styles. Geno takes more risks and is more likely to turn over the ball, Fitz is more experienced and plays much safer. With a good defense your QB doesn't need to win the game for you they just cant lose it.

Not certain where your stats came from, mine are from the NFL website. Fitz last year threw 1 Int per every 39 attempts compared to Genos 1 to every 28, it is a pretty significant difference. Fitz also threw 1 TD per every 18 attempts compared to Geno who threw 1 to every 28. As you stated earlier the stats are not really a good indicator of who is the better QB as they have very different play styles. Geno takes more risks and is more likely to turn over the ball, Fitz is more experienced and plays much safer. With a good defense your QB doesn't need to win the game for you they just cant lose it.

My stats were for their careers.  Fitz had a nice year but again couldn't lead a team to wins.  Hou was 6-6 w/ Fitz, 3-1 w/ other QBs which included their lone win over a playoff bound team.  also, looking at last year you may want to look at the talent the QBs had to work with, a significant edge would go to Houston.

Using the last few years would really be a better gauge of a QB. Fitz has become much safer with the ball. You should probably factor in the fact that most of his games he was coming from behind. Check out his numbers when he is tied, or has a lead. I realize those are a small sample since he's played with some of the worst defenses in history. I admit that with his arm strength he is not built to come from behind, but hopefully he won't be down double digits often with this D.

If you just watch him play games from last year you will see he looks night and day more competent than anyone we've had since Farve. That just makes me feel more comfortable. If the defense can settle down and play to their potential we'll have a very nice season...at least compared to what we've become accustom to.

Using the last few years would really be a better gauge of a QB. Fitz has become much safer with the ball. You should probably factor in the fact that most of his games he was coming from behind. Check out his numbers when he is tied, or has a lead. I realize those are a small sample since he's played with some of the worst defenses in history. I admit that with his arm strength he is not built to come from behind, but hopefully he won't be down double digits often with this D.

If you just watch him play games from last year you will see he looks night and day more competent than anyone we've had since Farve. That just makes me feel more comfortable. If the defense can settle down and play to their potential we'll have a very nice season...at least compared to what we've become accustom to.

basically he had one good year in Hou where he had a 6 TD 0 INT game to skew #s.

2 years ago he threw 14 TDs and 12 INTs

he's not good, never has been good.  He has put up some decent #s and to say he is always playing from behind he does have to take some responsibility for that and that contributes to his #s w/o winning.  fall behind, have to throw, put up some #s and lose.  that's not the definition of a good QB or one we can win with.

He's nowhere near as good as Sanchez and Favre sucked for us.  Favre sabotaged a team that could have made a run w/ a weak sched and no Brady.  he was still too worried about sticking it to GB and getting to Minnesota to help us.

basically he had one good year in Hou where he had a 6 TD 0 INT game to skew #s.

2 years ago he threw 14 TDs and 12 INTs

he's not good, never has been good.  He has put up some decent #s and to say he is always playing from behind he does have to take some responsibility for that and that contributes to his #s w/o winning.  fall behind, have to throw, put up some #s and lose.  that's not the definition of a good QB or one we can win with.

He's nowhere near as good as Sanchez and Favre sucked for us.  Favre sabotaged a team that could have made a run w/ a weak sched and no Brady.  he was still too worried about sticking it to GB and getting to Minnesota to help us.

Sanchez never had higher than a 57% completion rate in a Jets uniform, he has still to this day never had a season where he threw for more touchdowns than turnovers (including fumbles). I really am done with this conversation.

Sanchez never had higher than a 57% completion rate in a Jets uniform, he has still to this day never had a season where he threw for more touchdowns than turnovers (including fumbles). I really am done with this conversation.

and he helped us each 2 postseasons and noly has one season in his career w/ an under .500 record and that season his main weapons were Chaz Schilens, Stephen Hill and Clyde Gates.

the accumulated stats aren't that important, it's how they were accumulated. you talk about how he had to come back and would fall behind well Sanchez has more 4th qtr comebacks(10 to 7) in 19 less starts.  some players player better than their #s(sanchez), some play worse(Fitz).

Our Qb discussions on here are always amusing.  The Jets have had garbage QBing for years and years.  Vinny T and Bret Favre for half a year all the rest are near equal crap.

A Pinto vs a Yugo vs one of the early Hyundais.

Favre is going to the HOF but he was awful for us and cost us a rare div title.

Yes you are quite clearing not right in the head as I mused before.  The Jets were 8-3, had just beat the hell out of the league darling previously unbeaten Tennessee in Tennessee and had recently beat the Pats in NE.  Favre got hurt but kept playing and Mangini and Sutton lost their nerve on defense and went all passive.  The next year with Minny Favre was a strong mvp candiate.

Favre had a 66% comp rate and an 81 Qb rating his one year here.  Sanchez best year here was 57% and 78 rating.

Most die hard Sanchez/Rex apologists are clueless.

Ummm.... He was far from awful if you watched the Jets that season. He was great until his body broke down from the beatings he took. Then yes, while playing on one ankle and a separate bicept yeah...

Yes you are quite clearing not right in the head as I mused before.  The Jets were 8-3, had just beat the hell out of the league darling previously unbeaten Tennessee in Tennessee and had recently beat the Pats in NE.  Favre got hurt but kept playing and Mangini and Sutton lost their nerve on defense and went all passive.  The next year with Minny Favre was a strong mvp candiate.

Favre had a 66% comp rate and an 81 Qb rating his one year here.  Sanchez best year here was 57% and 78 rating.

Most die hard Sanchez/Rex apologists are clueless.

I love the injury excuse for the Iron Man.  the man played his entire career through pain, the injury is not why we lost.  we lost b/c he sucked and didn't care about playing here.  he was making the same mistakes in dec he made in Sept.  he had one nice 3-4 game stretch in Nov.

awesome comp % and rating but we couldn't get to playoffs w/ weaker sched and no Brady.

Archived