Just got in from Vegas, what did i miss??

CobraVerde

a summery of tonight please? =)

Fitz looked pretty good. Accurate, decent arm strength. Led the Jets to two TD drives against (I think) the Giant's starters. A TD throw to Decker and a beautiful screen to Stacy that he ran in for a TD.

Walt Powell will be returning punts (had a TD).

Marcus Williams stripped a ball right from a WR.

The starting D only gave up 10 points.

Cro will be fine (had a pick 6 against Eli).

Ivory still dominant.

Leo Williams went to the lockeroom. Will get an MRI tomorrow. Fans fear it's his ACL.

Reilly had a sack.

Calvin returned to the field. Had an awful missed tackle. Don't remember much else.

Babin is still relentless.

Enunwa is a good blocker.

Marshall is still pretty beastly.

Folk missed an extra point.

That's all I can think of for now.

Fitz looked pretty good. Accurate, decent arm strength. Led the Jets to two TD drives against (I think) the Giant's starters. A TD throw to Decker and a beautiful screen to Stacy that he ran in for a TD.

Ivory still dominant.

Leo Williams went to the lockeroom. Will get an MRI tomorrow. Fans fear it's his ACL.

Reilly had a sack.

Calvin returned to the field. Had an awful missed tackle. Don't remember much else.

good enough. thank you!

Find it hard to believe that Kerley will make the team.

Seems buried on the depth chart

He'll most likely make the team. Im glad that he just wasnt automatic as a starter. We'd have a problem having all of these WR's on this squad and we cant find a WR better than Jeremy Kerley. He's a decent player, but he's a bit overrated by Jet fans. 

No way I see Kerley cut though. 

Ivory still dominant.

Reilly had a sack.

very solid summary

He'll most likely make the team. Im glad that he just wasnt automatic as a starter. We'd have a problem having all of these WR's on this squad and we cant find a WR better than Jeremy Kerley. He's a decent player, but he's a bit overrated by Jet fans. 

Trade bait. 

Enunwa will be solid,

Kerley may have to take a back seat,

if Geno don't get his schitt together Fitz has the job followed by Petty,

Decker should not return punts leave the job to Powell 2.0,

Ivory, Powell and Stacy in full season form,

Coach Bowles is a coach not a bubbling phat brain talking machine

What I don't get is - if they intend to keep him because of his contract, shouldn't they try to find a role for him?  Keeping him as the 5th receiver, rarely playing him, and cutting him next year makes no sense.  It would make more sense to cut him now, and keep some of the younger / lesser known guys.  At least there's some potential / upside with them.

What I don't get is - if they intend to keep him because of his contract, shouldn't they try to find a role for him?  Keeping him as the 5th receiver, rarely playing him, and cutting him next year makes no sense.  It would make more sense to cut him now, and keep some of the younger / lesser known guys.  At least there's some potential / upside with them.

Being a back up is a role. Kerley is good enough to keep (or trade) but to cut him is saying that he's one of the worst WR's of the bunch and even I dont believe that. Finding a role for him doesnt mean that its a starting role. He could be our 4th WR which he could get a decent amount of snaps, and thats worth it for a decent player. 

I would assume that Gailey will have alot of 4 WR sets, and Kerley is definitely good enough to not rush Devin Smith back into action. They're different players of course, but Kerley has his value. We could always trade him yes, but its not like his contract is crazy either. But outside of the contract perspective, Kerley being a #4/#5 guy would make him one of the best at those positions for sure. 

Overall im glad that we have WR's stepping up for that slot spot. Granted, it was probably Kerley's size that put him behind the 8 ball, but I doubt Bowles would put a WR that isn't worth the 3rd spot simply because of size. At the end of the day you put your best options on the field. When we need to go to a "quick/shifty/fast" passing game then we have guys like Kerley, Powell, Smith that can come in and change the dimension of an offense. Thats a valued and respectable role when you talk about a 53 man roster overall. 

He'll most likely make the team. Im glad that he just wasnt automatic as a starter. We'd have a problem having all of these WR's on this squad and we cant find a WR better than Jeremy Kerley. He's a decent player, but he's a bit overrated by Jet fans

Kerley is a reliable WR that hasn't had the advantages of a real QB.  Where would Randall Cobb be if Sanchez/Smith were his QB, and not Aaron Rodgers, or Julian Edelman if Tom Brady wasn't cheating fondling playing with him?  I am not comparing Kerley to the success of either, but is it possible that Kerley could have some real success with a real QB?

However, the reports that are coming out that he thinks the Jets owe him something, or he doesn't have to compete is really disturbing.  I like Kerley, but if he doesn't want to work for it, GTFO.

Kerley is a reliable WR that hasn't had the advantages of a real QB.  Where would Randall Cobb be if Sanchez/Smith were his QB, and not Aaron Rodgers, or Julian Edelman if Tom Brady wasn't cheating fondling playing with him?  I am not comparing Kerley to the success of either, but is it possible that Kerley could have some real success with a real QB?

However, the reports that are coming out that he thinks the Jets owe him something, or he doesn't have to compete is really disturbing.  I like Kerley, but if he doesn't want to work for it, GTFO.

So Jeremy Kerley is now Randall Cobb minus Aaron Rodgers?  lol. I've really heard it all now. 

I wont even justify myself giving a response. I'll just let you sit on that one! 

Being a back up is a role. Kerley is good enough to keep (or trade) but to cut him is saying that he's one of the worst WR's of the bunch and even I dont believe that. Finding a role for him doesnt mean that its a starting role. He could be our 4th WR which he could get a decent amount of snaps, and thats worth it for a decent player. 

But even if he's better than many now - other players might have more chance to develop.  Plus others are much more likely to be on the team next year.  And is he even in the 4th WR spot now?  If you include Smith, he seems clearly to be #5 at best.

Let's say we definitely keep Decker / Marshall / Smith - and don't put Kerley on that list yet.  Say we're keeping 6 WRs.  (Could be 7, but that seems like a longshot.)

Choose 3 from: Owusu, Enunwa, Kerley, Posier, Walter Powell, Shaq Evans.

I agree we could keep the first 3 - but then Kerley is returning punts?  Not sure how PR compares in importance to 4th/5th WR.

I'm not really saying they should cut Kerley.  But given that it seems he'll be gone next year, in order to make the team I think he needs to make it to 4th on the depth chart.

But even if he's better than many now - other players might have more chance to develop.  Plus others are much more likely to be on the team next year.  And is he even in the 4th WR spot now?  If you include Smith, he seems clearly to be #5 at best.

Let's say we definitely keep Decker / Marshall / Smith - and don't put Kerley on that list yet.  Say we're keeping 6 WRs.  (Could be 7, but that seems like a longshot.)

Choose 3 from: Owusu, Enunwa, Kerley, Posier, Walter Powell, Shaq Evans.

I agree we could keep the first 3 - but then Kerley is returning punts?  Not sure how PR compares in importance to 4th/5th WR.

I'm not really saying they should cut Kerley.  But given that it seems he'll be gone next year, in order to make the team I think he needs to make it to 4th on the depth chart.

If I include Smith, Kerley will still be a 4th or 5th until Smith shows otherwise. Smith has done exactly nothing due to injury and being a rookie. Of course its not like Smith will be cut, but at the same time you also cant assume anything. Smith has to earn it on the field just like Quincey Enunwa has done. 

So naming all of the WR's are unnecessary. Kerley's position is in question but it isnt because of a rookie who hasnt touched a field yet. 

So Jeremy Kerley is now Randall Cobb minus Aaron Rodgers?  lol. I've really heard it all now. 

I wont even justify myself giving a response. I'll just let you sit on that one! 

Fortunately, I don't need your validation, or want it.  

However, I said I wasn't comparing him to their success.

Ivory still dominant.

Reilly had a sack.

LOL

Great Job 

Archived