Effort tonight

johnnyjet

yes, it's preseason, but tonight's game seems to me to be a bit more reg season like. ,ball thrown down field a bit, Eli (overrated) rushed a bit. Pretty positive game. My only negative is that I think the Jets looked good against a mediocre at best 6 win opponent.  Honestly the Giants are not very good on defense. How the prince is still employed I have no idea.  Can you say Kyle Wilson.  Anyway.  Good progression I thought for the green team in the preseason.  I think we can win 8-10 games.  As long as geno hold a clipboard all season.  Beat the brown clowns of Cleveland ...... Move on to week 2

The third pre-season game is the only one where coaches do any sort of game planning. It's always much more indicative of regular season performance than any of the other three games.

Teams do game plan, but it is certainly basic game planning.  

This particular game, there was probably even less strategic game planning since we play them for real later on, IMO.  

yes, it's preseason, but tonight's game seems to me to be a bit more reg season like. ,ball thrown down field a bit, Eli (overrated) rushed a bit. Pretty positive game. My only negative is that I think the Jets looked good against a mediocre at best 6 win opponent.  Honestly the Giants are not very good on defense. How the prince is still employed I have no idea.  Can you say Kyle Wilson.  Anyway.  Good progression I thought for the green team in the preseason.  I think we can win 8-10 games.  As long as geno hold a clipboard all season.  Beat the brown clowns of Cleveland ...... Move on to week 2

Gotta think the Jets score in the 30s if the first team stayed out there.  They do not score 30 against good teams,probably.  Kick return helped.  If they score in the mid-20s this year they win the majority of their games, provided the keep Williams upright and Mo and Revis play 16.

Babin and Cromartie both looked young again and hungry.

Running backs all played strong.

Brandon Marshall looks slow now.

Fitz looked like he could have a decent year if he keeps this up.

Demario was all over the field making tackles...............and penalties.

Not sure what we have in Leonard Williams. He has shown me nothing to this point.

Also, why is Richardson getting so much playing time when everybody knows he is missing a good part or maybe all of the season?

I'm pissed because it wasn't perfect,lol.

Seriously though, Fitz looks like he's getting comfortable, the Oline looks like their enjoying blocking for him, Marshall & Decker will be a nightmare for small CBs & will be a tough tandem to battle for 4 quarters. Ivory looks like he's ready to roll, Stacey might not be elite but he runs really hard & will be a b*tch to tackle in the 4th quarter. Our offense is going to be pretty physical & I can see them wearing out thin defenses.

So dissappointed with Sheldon Richardson. We could have been watching something special up front this year with Mo, Shel, Snacks, Leo & Coples, especially teamed up with our secondary. 

I'd love to see us trade a CB for more LB depth. Not happy with our LBs but Bowles is a pretty creative defensive mind & I think he'll come up with something on 3rd downs using an extra safety instead of a LB. Lack of speed in the middle of the field will kill us. We have the horses up front to go lighter in the secondary now & then.

Babin and Cromartie both looked young again and hungry.

Running backs all played strong.

Brandon Marshall looks slow now.

Fitz looked like he could have a decent year if he keeps this up.

Demario was all over the field making tackles...............and penalties.

Not sure what we have in Leonard Williams. He has shown me nothing to this point.

Also, why is Richardson getting so much playing time when everybody knows he is missing a good part or maybe all of the season?

He had a few nice plays against the Falcons. I mean the guy is a rookie and all.

Been years since the ST looked that good.

Cro jumped that route sweetly. QB never saw him

DD does not look good. Needs to pick it up to be here next season

Cumberland. No effort with run blocking

Run Game strong as usual

Coaching. Jets looked like a very well coached professional team for a change. 

Team was able to back each other up during the skirmishes. Maybe Geno brought them together after all.

He had a few nice plays against the Falcons. I mean the guy is a rookie and all.

even against the giants, I thought he played decent for a rook.one on one, he definitely over powers his man. also, he seems to split the double team rather well.just needs time to put it all together. not too worried about williams

I was really worried about the Bowles regime after the first 2 pre season games. I know they don't really game plan, but the team just looked like it did not belong in the NFL, poor execution, poor tackling, just a ridiculous display. Last night game was pretty much a 180 for my attitude about the team. Their tackling looked vastly improved, the offense actually resembles an NFL offense again, I think we are going to be a good team this season.

Pleasantly surprised by a lot of people.

Oline, skrine, Gilchrist, and a few more,

One thing I noticed, D Davis is severely overrated, and our LBs are a black hole

Davis was a 3rd round draft pick who has been pretty good for us (I haven't gotten a chance to watch the Jets Giants game yet) keep in mind this is a new system for all of our guys and some pick it up faster than others. Hopefully by the end of the season Davis will look sharp again.

Not sure how good we are.  I think we will be decent in a tough division (whatever that means) but I am with others here who think the Giants are going to have real problems this year.

I would love to trade #1 picks with them right now.

Effort was strong all over ... Except for Cumberland

second & third string DB's confirmed they are an asset again, as they have done throughout TC & The 1st 2 preseason games.

starters in all 3 phases did do a 180 from last weeks 1st quarter/half.

Fitz continued to improve ... Don't expect him to be top 10 QB ... But if that is how he'll look in most games he'll fall in the 11-20 range rather than the 20-30 range.

run game & starting O-line looked good ... We do need B. Powell to be ok for the 3rd & short RB dump off passes ... As there is a significant "drop"-off in that role after him.

specials were my biggest disappointment last week & (outside of Decker) my biggest positive surprise this week.

W. Powell certainly has vision & moves on his returns

D is getting there ... Had to remind myself after last week that this is Bowles specialty (as well as our most talented part of the team) ... New regime & new system ... Just give it a little time ... Big improvement from last game.  Revis did get semi-beat on the first OBJ play and def beat on the 2nd one ... But it would have had to of been a perfect throw & highlight catch to exploit them ... As always - he is the last person, place, or thing that I'm concerned about ... Just felt the need to state it like I saw it.

Cro showed his athleticism to get that pick ... Giants QB I think saw him but 1st off isn't used to a CB being able to make that play & 2nd off would not expect him to have the n*tsack to go for it ... Plays like that will make the risk/reward situations he gets burned on worth it.

Nicely done Bowles & crew!!!   :clapper:

Wow one good preseason game and everyone goes from a tanked season to playoff hopes. Look, your a woman, im a woman i just need some twat cream

Dolphins defensive line looked scary yesterday. It is going to be a tuff division all around, the only hopes I have is that we can remain competitive.

I think Gailey showed just a little bit of what he brings to the table in this game. The last 2 games we were clearly just practicing certain plays with no gameplan. This game he went after the Giants weaknesses(DB's) and brought it to them. The run game was very effective forcing safeties to bite on the play action hard. That trips right formation is money and the Giants had no answer for it which brings that RB screen to Stacey for the long TD. I can't wait for Devin Smith to get back. This is going to be a fun season.

Archived