Howard Stern Show: The Final Days

drdetroit

Plus, society has changed so much since the 1980s/90s.  What was shocking back then, we see almost every day on network or cable TV.  It's time for Howard to retire to the radio gods HOF.

You clearly don't listen to the show.   The show has adapted which is part of Stern's genious.   He can make just about anyone interesting and is the best interviewer in the business bar none.   I can barely stand 5 minutes of a celebrity interview on TV but with Howard I can listen to an hour of anyone - from a-list to special education - it just doesn't matter.   

You clearly don't listen to the show.   The show has adapted which is part of Stern's genious.   He can make just about anyone interesting and is the best interviewer in the business bar none.   I can barely stand 5 minutes of a celebrity interview on TV but with Howard I can listen to an hour of anyone - from a-list to special education - it just doesn't matter.   

That's a good point.  A lot of people hate on the show today but it's still a good show(when it's on).  Stern is by far the best interviewer around.

show is still good but not as good as when Jackie was around though sour shoes is awesome.  he needs a bigger role.

Jackie fukked himself.  he had a GREAT gig and left before the big money.  I loved the old Jackie puppet bits.

I loved when people called in and did jackie impersonations.

Jackie fukked himself.  he had a GREAT gig and left before the big money.  I loved the old Jackie puppet bits.

I loved when people called in and did jackie impersonations.

just hearing the Jackie sound effects made everything funny.  Fred playing Jackie laughing at a serious news story, stuff like that.

just hearing the Jackie sound effects made everything funny.  Fred playing Jackie laughing at a serious news story, stuff like that.

He told a story about taking a dump and not caring who was around. Split my ribs.

Basically, Jackie said he took a $hit in a bar, where the stall was removed, just a toilet, out in the open.

Literally sat there as guys came in and out. He said guys looked and shook their heads.

Im laughing as I type. Imagine  a few drinks and you walk in and theres a fat fukk with a cigarette and newspaper shilting and he doen't care that he's in the wide open

He told a similar story about Shilting out a school bus window on the LIE when he was in high school. 

I miss those stories...

The best Jackie story I recall is when they were all at some party years ago.  Jackie is eating ribs and some guy--thinking it was funny--drops his drawers bare ass.  Not missing a beat, Jackie puts his finger in the guy's butt, freaking him out.  Howard and Gary swore that Jackie just went back to eating ribs, with nary a hand washing.

Early stern was great when he was raw and trying to make a name for himself.

great eras:

jackie, stuttering john billy west....

post stuttering john and jackie was a lower point ....lllluntil they got Artie. The first few years of sirrius  with artie are as good as any.

yes he has a talent for adapting and re-creating the show however last few years he's just been plain lazy

The best Jackie story I recall is when they were all at some party years ago.  Jackie is eating ribs and some guy--thinking it was funny--drops his drawers bare ass.  Not missing a beat, Jackie puts his finger in the guy's butt, freaking him out.  Howard and Gary swore that Jackie just went back to eating ribs, with nary a hand washing.

driving last night listening to 101. They played old Little Lupe stuff.  GREAT.   that sexy voice, Latin tone screeching... I like penis. 

I was listening, too.  The best part was that Howard missed it at first.  Then, after being alerted by Jackie, John or someone else, Howard asked Gary a few times more what he said.  On cue, Gary just keep saying Baba Booey. lol

on a scale of one to noin I give it a noin 

bababooie3.jpg

Guys listen to my special on Howard 101 today!  Pieces of vinyl spinning til noin pm!

LOL!  I loved anytime the Gary and Jackie puppets were on the show.  Just side splitting stuff.  I remember laughing hysterically when I first saw the Gary puppet on the Channel 9 show.   Didn't a listener make and send them in to Howard?

LOL!  I loved anytime the Gary and Jackie puppets were on the show.  Just side splitting stuff.  I remember laughing hysterically when I first saw the Gary puppet on the Channel 9 show.   Didn't a listener make and send them in to Howard?

Yeah that was back when Gary really looked like that caricature of himself. Now he just looks like America Ferrara.  I'm shavin bawf!

Archived