How do you guys feel about the WR gloves?

Jetster

Seems some players are wearing gloves that are super tacky. As we all know technology gets better & better and they always come up with materials that are melded to do things that would not be possible in the past.

i did notice that OBJ wears those strange looking gloves that look like rain slicker material in the palms. I haven't really noticed but are those gloves prolific in the NFL & what do you guys think?

Should they be able to use them if they in fact help catch the ball? I think they shouldn't be able to if they are in fact "tacky". Most people would say if everyone can use them than what's the problem? I think it's just one more advantage for offensive players over the defense.

The NFL has already made it nearly impossible to play in the secondary & if the WRs also can use tacky gloves to catch the ball it's just another advantage that they really don't need.

I have had this discussion. I have worn some of these gloves and when you wear them, it makes some of these catches these players make a lot less impressive.  It's hard to imagine people drop passes. 

Until you consider the variable of a 240-pound LB barreling toward you at full speed while the ball is incoming

When i used to play ball I use Neuman's all the time.  I felt naked without them.  I know these new technology gloves are being discussed but I honestly don't have a problem with them.  RB's use them to grip the ball better but there is no mention of that.  Defenders use them and they should as I hate to see dropped into's.  Wonder if Babe Ruth would have hit more HR's with gloves on.

Not a fan of anyone wearing gloves. Then again, I hate that golfers don't use a uniform ball either, so there's that. 

I played MS and HS from 93-96 I guess it was. I tried them and didn't like them, felt like I didn't 'have' the ball in my possession. I also hated wearing a shield in hockey and preferred a cage, if anything. Maybe I'm just a sports luddite. 

Archived