Bills release Fred Jackson

AFJF

What's more shocking is you guys think Jackson can actually pick and choose where he goes.

He may not have a choice at all 32 teams, be he most definitely has a choice to retire if his only option is f'ing Cleveland. 

And when you're a free agent you can definitely reach out to every team, which is still better than playing for Cleveland. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He may not have a choice at all 32 teams, be he most definitely has a choice to retire if his only option is f'ing Cleveland. 

And when you're a free agent you can definitely reach out to every team, which is still better than playing for Cleveland. 

Ok so the league mimimum for an 8th year veteran is approximately $855,000.  So he's turning down $855,000 to be a part-time player in Cleveland just cuz?

It's not as if he spent his career in Miami or Diego, he was just in Buffalo for a handful of years, Cleveland is a lateral move. **Based solely on the environment/scenery 

It's not as if he spent his career in Miami or Diego, he was just in Buffalo for a handful of years, Cleveland is a lateral move. **Based solely on the environment/scenery 

He'll just be moving from the most depressing NFL market to the second most depressing city to have an NFL team.

Ok so the league mimimum for an 8th year veteran is approximately $855,000.  So he's turning down $855,000 to be a part-time player in Cleveland just cuz?

Im just saying, he has a choice. And I believe Fred Jackson has been good enough to get an offer outside of Cleveland. If his only choice is Cleveland he should hang it up. yeah, vet minimum is 900,000, but he's a multimillionaire. He can leave that on the table if he took care of his money. Some places are not worth playing when you're on the tail end of your career. Until Cleveland shows that they are a better ran organization I would pass on them. 

Cleveland is not a lateral move my friend. The Bills are a much better organization. Its ran better and has better talent. 

Im just saying, he has a choice. And I believe Fred Jackson has been good enough to get an offer outside of Cleveland. If his only choice is Cleveland he should hang it up. yeah, vet minimum is 900,000, but he's a multimillionaire. He can leave that on the table if he took care of his money. Some places are not worth playing when you're on the tail end of your career. Until Cleveland shows that they are a better ran organization I would pass on them. 

Cleveland is not a lateral move my friend. The Bills is a much better organization. Its ran better and has better talent. 

I meant on pure aesthetics alone, at least for football season. Outside of central PA, there's not many places I'd rather not be than Buffalo or Cleveland during the winter. 

Im just saying, he has a choice. And I believe Fred Jackson has been good enough to get an offer outside of Cleveland. If his only choice is Cleveland he should hang it up. yeah, vet minimum is 900,000, but he's a multimillionaire. He can leave that on the table if he took care of his money. Some places are not worth playing when you're on the tail end of your career. Until Cleveland shows that they are a better ran organization I would pass on them. Cleveland is not a lateral move my friend. The Bills is a much better organization. Its ran better and has better talent. 

Not with Rex in charge...At this point I'd take Pettine over Rex

I meant on pure aesthetics alone, at least for football season. Outside of central PA, there's not many places I'd rather not be than Buffalo or Cleveland during the winter. 

Minnesota and Green bay are no place to go in winter without a snowblower either.. 

The guy looked great in that pre-season game against the Steelers. Still has some juice. Bear in mind that his career didn't really take off until he was old(ish) so he doesn't have a ton of mileage. Best of all, he played under Gailey.

Only question is whether he would want to move down here. He is settled upstate.

Very poor decision by Rex.  He still hasn't learned from a single mistake.   A person with any intelligence would have recalled what happened when he cut heart and soul overachievers like Cotchery and Tony Richardson.  

Rex is a buffoon.

Very poor decision by Rex.  He still hasn't learned from a single mistake.   A person with any intelligence would have recalled what happened when he cut heart and soul overachievers like Cotchery and Tony Richardson.  

Rex is a buffoon.

Yep he should have kept Richardson till at least age 42 and he didn't cut Cotchery but why let the truth spoil a good Rex rant..:)

Rex is a buffoon.

+1

Add Thomas Jones to that list

Rex is a buffoon.

it's like everyone is forgetting that buffalo has one of (if not) the best rb's in the NFL on the roster and jackson is 34 years old.   wtf are you supposed to do with a 34-year old situational RB?    

it's like everyone is forgetting that buffalo has one of (if not) the best rb's in the NFL on the roster and jackson is 34 years old.   wtf are you supposed to do with a 34-year old situational RB?    

+1

It also saves them $2.5+ Million in salary.  Personally, not knowing the situation, I probably would have tried reworking his contract, and keep him on.  Perhaps they did.  

He replaced TJ with LT who had a better year then TJ did with the Chiefs..

Yea, but that is the problem...respected, hard working team leaders were always replaced or not resigned under Rex...Sends a bad message when locker room leaders keep getting let go or replaced

Archived