Sheldon Richardson Pleads Not Guilty

JetNation

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relative to salaries it's really not a big deal. I see middle class folk driving $50,000 SUVs every day. 

I knew someone would chime in.  Yes it is.   Thats why most of america has a net worth of less than 100K excluding homes.

Read "The millionaire next door".  I live that life as do many of my clients.

Sheldon has already lost 7 figures in endorsements most likely, less but similar in suspension losses.

Assuming his career goes 7 years (well above NFL average) he will be what 28? He wont have enough to last 45 years

not even close.  Im sure the car was just one of many toys.

I knew someone would chime in.  Yes it is.   Thats why most of america has a net worth of less than 100K excluding homes.

Sheldon has already lost 7 figures in endorsements most likely, less but similar in suspension losses.

Assuming his career goes 7 years (well above NFL average) he will be what 28? He wont have enough to last 45 years

I agree with you. Sheldons an idiot, just pointing out the car isn't crazy relative to his earning potential. If Richardson stays clean & stats healthy his next contract will be a monster. That's why these guys never learn. Also agree with you regarding average Americans spending way more than they should. Don't judge everyone though, some people like to spend their money to enjoy it while their young, others save every freaking penny for retirement & die before they get to enjoy it. A healthy balance is personal to each of us. These Ads by investment companies that you HAVE to have $1,000,000 to retire is bupkis. End retirement rant.

I knew a kid in the Army who had the exact personality as Sheldon.  Low IQ, blamed everything on everyone else, ridiculous defense mechanisms.  Jeez FU Idzik.

Had a similar experience once. This kid wanted to drop off the basketball team. His mother was a widow, all crippled up. She was scrubbing floors. She had this pin in her hip. So he wanted to drop basketball and get a job. Now these were poor people, these were hungry people with real problems. Understand what I'm saying?

Once I heard that he bought a Rolls Royce, I understood his short term thinking.

These players have an opportunity of a lifetime and pi$$ it away on a car on Rookie salary.

Mind boggling.

He doesn't understand the value of a dollar. and that's on his parents.

I knew this kid once lol 17, senior year in high school and a lot of his friends from school were getting new cars as graduation presents. he asked his dad, ''Dad, can I get a new car''? Dad says, ''you want a new car?'' ''yes!!'' dad says ''well then go out and buy one!!'' and Dad also added ''and btw, starting right now you have to start paying $200 a month rent :)  that kid was taught a powerful lesson about the value of a dollar and how to use his brain to cut spending and to work hard to earn some cash. although Dad seemed like a dick at the time there was an end to his means.

Once I heard that he bought a Rolls Royce, I understood his short term thinking.

These players have an opportunity of a lifetime and pi$$ it away on a car on Rookie salary.

Mind boggling.

if i had a few million dollars when i was 22-23 years old i would have spent it on some dumb sh*t too.

True but with what's going on now Goodell will not rush to judgment

Or with what is going on now the Commissioner might that he wants to be as tough on New York "crime" as he is on New England crime.  Cuts both ways. 

Yes Sheldon was a dumb ass, the dumbest was doing more pot after he was suspended.  A Bentley is not that out of line.  Compared to a Ferrari. lambo bugatti, the Bentley is downright affordable. Add to it that he actually fits in the car, being a big dude I understand that.  If I was making 2 mill a year I might buy one myself.

Sheldon will not be the first or last kid to piss his money away. I know lots of traders on the street who make millions and waste it on coke, houses in the Hampton's, 50k watches and when the gravy train stops the have nothing.  You would hope people have enough sense to sock away money 

Mind boggling.

Wonder if Sheldon went full in on a customized game room, complete with 30 regulation, full sized arcade games and tandem trampolines?

What a sap. Wish I were an auto dealer or contractor/designer in Sheldon's area.  I'd spend most of my day counting the money he sent my way.

Yes Sheldon was a dumb ass, the dumbest was doing more pot after he was suspended.  A Bentley is not that out of line.  Compared to a Ferrari. lambo bugatti, the Bentley is downright affordable. Add to it that he actually fits in the car, being a big dude I understand that.  If I was making 2 mill a year I might buy one myself.

Sheldon will not be the first or last kid to piss his money away. I know lots of traders on the street who make millions and waste it on coke, houses in the Hampton's, 50k watches and when the gravy train stops the have nothing.  You would hope people have enough sense to sock away money 

I do financial planning and tax work for a living.  Have had several NFL players as clients.  

Trust me...Sheldon is playing Russian Roulette. VERY  VERY few pro athletes are set for life when the career is over.

BTW..read and google Gronk. HE is a smart dude with his money.

And Jetster, all due respect, you absolutely need WAY more than a million unless you have a govet pension etc.

Typical client of mine was/is  self employed or worked for a big company. Wants to retire at 59-62 and has to pay his own health insurance.  $1 million wont cut it... closer to 2.5 needed .  

These players, most of whom file bankruptcy never grasp the "Save 100K TODAY, put it aside and when Im 55 it will be 500K in a basic index fund,   Instead..they buy a 200K Bentley and have an entourage and end their career at age 29 or 30.  Look at Allen Iverson.

I do financial planning and tax work for a living.  Have had several NFL players as clients.  

Trust me...Sheldon is playing Russian Roulette. VERY  VERY few pro athletes are set for life when the career is over.

BTW..read and google Gronk. HE is a smart dude with his money.

And Jetster, all due respect, you absolutely need WAY more than a million unless you have a govet pension etc.

Typical client of mine was/is  self employed or worked for a big company. Wants to retire at 59-62 and has to pay his own health insurance.  $1 million wont cut it... closer to 2.5 needed .  

These players, most of whom file bankruptcy never grasp the "Save 100K TODAY, put it aside and when Im 55 it will be 500K in a basic index fund,   Instead..they buy a 200K Bentley and have an entourage and end their career at age 29 or 30.  Look at Allen Iverson.

2.5 million to retire? 75% of the population wouldn't be able to retire. If your house is paid off & you have 1/2 million you could easily retire at 62. Just make sure your car is paid off too. Not everybody lives like they have money trees,lol. Once you get in your 70s u could just do a reverse mortgage to get u to your casket. Honestly, I think people are scaring the hell out of people regarding retirement. Now if you want to leave an estate that's another thing but there ain't no way in hell a middle class earner will ever have 2.5 million unless they started putting money away in their 20s & who can do that after having children?

2.5 million to retire? 75% of the population wouldn't be able to retire. If your house is paid off & you have 1/2 million you could easily retire at 62. Just make sure your car is paid off too. Not everybody lives like they have money trees,lol. Once you get in your 70s u could just do a reverse mortgage to get u to your casket. Honestly, I think people are scaring the hell out of people regarding retirement. Now if you want to leave an estate that's another thing but there ain't no way in hell a middle class earner will ever have 2.5 million unless they started putting money away in their 20s & who can do that after having children?

I think southpark was talking about retiring IN the tri state area. other pee ons (like me and you) will likely sell their homes up here and move down south where the cost of living is cheaper and there are no state tax lol

I think southpark was talking about retiring IN the tri state area. other pee ons (like me and you) will likely sell their homes up here and move down south where the cost of living is cheaper and there are no state tax lol

I got the perfect deal for you property manager on a Marco Island Condo, perks include free rent and cable and a boat slip..:D

I doubt Sheldon was the only first rounder to buy a Bentley. It may be dumb, but if he is not stupid financially in other areas with investments he can afford it and after living in poverty for his entire life it is not an unusual reaction to having money. That said, I doubt Sheldon is being smart with any of his money.

I would get more done then you if I was 100 and you were 30 you union flunkie.. LOL

Come on up here, kid. theres no age limit for prevailing wage. and you'll get the operators rate in NY, which last year was $91.17 an hour lol you'll make more in a half a day with me than what you make in a week down there in pigsknuckle florida

Wow, I must be truly screwed. Funny though I don't feel that way. I will have my SSI and a small pension plus my wife's SSI and small pension no real savings to speak of, kids wiped us out, and we live okay. Now yes, I am still working FT at the Depot and PT at UPS, handle one aircraft departure a night. Plan to collect my first SSI next year 62 and keep the PT gig to fill in.

But here to tell you I am not starving the living expenses are paid and we get to do a little traveling twice a year.

So I would have to say, what are you looking for in retirement? Did you really expect to sit around until the funeral home came calling. Most seniors I know continue to work well into retirement, if for no other reason then to keep busy.

Wow, I must be truly screwed. Funny though I don't feel that way. I will have my SSI and a small pension plus my wife's SSI and small pension no real savings to speak of, kids wiped us out, and we live okay. Now yes, I am still working FT at the Depot and PT at UPS, handle one aircraft departure a night. Plan to collect my first SSI next year 62 and keep the PT gig to fill in.

But here to tell you I am not starving the living expenses are paid and we get to do a little traveling twice a year.

So I would have to say, what are you looking for in retirement? Did you really expect to sit around until the funeral home came calling. Most seniors I know continue to work well into retirement, if for no other reason then to keep busy.

Kool.  Its all a matter of living style.  Many of my clients want and demand 80 to 120K in retirement. They have made upwards of 250 to 400K a year and have NO pension 

so for them, to get 120K a year, you need $2 mil.  

I'm gonna take my pension and savings, leave the country for Panama, Belize, or Mexico (at least, that's the current retirement tour), and live very well. If I don't scare away my current GF, who brings her own pension and twice my savings, life is gonna be very good. She's on board with getting out of here, too. Cheap, perpetual summer. Just need my son to get his sh!t together over the next four to six years, lol. 

I'll never drive a Bentley, but that's okay. 

Kool.  Its all a matter of living style.  Many of my clients want and demand 80 to 120K in retirement. They have made upwards of 250 to 400K a year and have NO pension 

so for them, to get 120K a year, you need $2 mil.  

holy sh*t! Lol, $80-$120? Now that's the upper 2% of retirees. Funny thing is that most people retiring from the Northeast, Police,  Fire, FAA, guys are retiring with such large pensions that they actually are retiring wealthier than when they were working.

i know 4 guys that have retired & bought 2nd homes AFTER retiring! All of them in their late 50s. And everyone wonders why taxes are so high in the Northeast, they have have motorcycles, boats, convertibles. I don't begrudge them, I just don't want to pay for it! It's unsustainable economics & why towns are filing for bankruptcy.

I'm gonna take my pension and savings, leave the country for Panama, Belize, or Mexico (at least, that's the current retirement tour), and live very well. If I don't scare away my current GF, who brings her own pension and twice my savings, life is gonna be very good. She's on board with getting out of here, too. Cheap, perpetual summer. Just need my son to get his sh!t together over the next four to six years, lol. 

I'll never drive a Bentley, but that's okay. 

sounds like an awesome plan! Hell, I don't need much, head south to SC on the coast, biking, kayaking, running, lot of fun things to do that are 100% free! Honestly couldn't even imagine spending $12,000 a month while retired? On what? I guess people that want to travel the world would need that kind of money or expensive cars & yachts?

holy sh*t! Lol, $80-$120? Now that's the upper 2% of retirees. Funny thing is that most people retiring from the Northeast, Police,  Fire, FAA, guys are retiring with such large pensions that they actually are retiring wealthier than when they were working.

i know 4 guys that have retired & bought 2nd homes AFTER retiring! All of them in their late 50s. And everyone wonders why taxes are so high in the Northeast, they have have motorcycles, boats, convertibles. I don't begrudge them, I just don't want to pay for it! It's unsustainable economics & why towns are filing for bankruptcy.

Its the reason I moved.  

sounds like an awesome plan! Hell, I don't need much, head south to SC on the coast, biking, kayaking, running, lot of fun things to do that are 100% free! Honestly couldn't even imagine spending $12,000 a month while retired? On what? I guess people that want to travel the world would need that kind of money or expensive cars & yachts?

You say that.......... but assume $1,000 a month for living assuming no mortgage, $1,000 health insurance and all of a sudden $8,000 a month is not so much.

pse&g retirees had mega pensions. My buddy's dad retired from pse&g in 1993 and is getting 75k a year from his pension alone not including ss. He bought a house in Sedona Arizona and lived the life of luxury. I think pse&g and verizon employees had better pensions than govt employees

1. he wasn't even accused of smoking pot again.  

2. A Bentley costs more than most Lambos on he street.  350,000 + is never downright affordable. 

3. You don't have a clue how he spends his money.  Making the money these guys make a Bently isn't breaking anyone 

Archived