Sheldon Richardson Pleads Not Guilty

JetNation

I'm gonna take my pension and savings, leave the country for Panama, Belize, or Mexico (at least, that's the current retirement tour), and live very well. If I don't scare away my current GF, who brings her own pension and twice my savings, life is gonna be very good. She's on board with getting out of here, too. Cheap, perpetual summer. Just need my son to get his sh!t together over the next four to six years, lol. 

I'll never drive a Bentley, but that's okay. 

and other than you're living in a shlt hole 3rd world country with no friends and family should be fun, lol

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. he wasn't even accused of smoking pot again.  

2. A Bentley costs more than most Lambos on he street.  350,000 + is never downright affordable. 

3. You don't have a clue how he spends his money.  Making the money these guys make a Bently isn't breaking anyone 

Well...history shows us we do.  90 percent of them file bankruptcy 5 years after retirement.

Why?  Spending habits.

Ive worked with many NFL players.... I have seen the answer 1st hand. It aint pretty.

Well...history shows us we do.  90 percent of them file bankruptcy 5 years after retirement.

Why?  Spending habits.

Ive worked with many NFL players.... I have seen the answer 1st hand. It aint pretty.

So history tells us that we don't know the he will piss his money away, just that most do.  Of course this takes into account all football players, would think those that made top money along the lines of what Sheldon will better that 90% bankruptcy rate

I'm gonna take my pension and savings, leave the country for Panama, Belize, or Mexico (at least, that's the current retirement tour), and live very well. If I don't scare away my current GF, who brings her own pension and twice my savings, life is gonna be very good. She's on board with getting out of here, too. Cheap, perpetual summer. Just need my son to get his sh!t together over the next four to six years, lol. 

I've thought about that.  I am pissed I learned french instead of spanish.  We'll see what happens when push comes to shove.

and other than you're living in a shlt hole 3rd world country with no friends and family should be fun, lol

I guess you don't have the opportunity to travel very much. Me? I'm very happy to not suffer from xenophobia. 

I've thought about that.  I am pissed I learned french instead of spanish.  We'll see what happens when push comes to shove.

English is the official language of Belize, and many Panamanians speak it with the canal bringing so many Americans there over the last century. All of the resort major areas of Mexico are also pretty English friendly (and are also safe). Better to learn the language, though, obviously. If I choose a Spanish speaking country, I'll sign up for Spanish classes there. Most places offer intensive, immersive courses. 

I guess you don't have the opportunity to travel very much. Me? I'm very happy to not suffer from xenophobia. 

Was joking.  Mostly.  Travel a lot.  Enough to realize vacationing somewhere is quite different from living there.  That there is more to living than making a retirement stretch and that if I don;t know the  government in a Panama turns over your retirement can be gone in an instant

So history tells us that we don't know the he will piss his money away, just that most do.  Of course this takes into account all football players, would think those that made top money along the lines of what Sheldon will better that 90% bankruptcy rate

Sheldon HASN'T yet cashed a big check but yes, I imagine the odds get better but still...   after tax if he gets say $25 mil, I can see a 28 year old burn through that by age 50.  Entourage costs.....;)

Sounds good from a numbers pov.

I have 2 friends that did this out of country retirement thing with mixed reviews..

About 14 years ago one moved to Colon Panama. Sold their home here and bought one there.

LIked it enough cost of daily living was very good but after 2-3 years came back to the states during the  summer months and stayed with their son because the heat was intolerable and kept them inside.

About 5-6 years later he developed prostate cancer. His treatment options in Panama were limited so he had to spend alot of time going back and forth until his treatments were done.

Approx 10 yrs ago. another friend moved to Mexico near a resort town named Ixtapa. The town they lived in was Zihuatenejo (spelling?)

Loved it but moved back after 3 years because while on a road trip o Acapulco they were robbed on a highway by gun toting banditos.

Actually put a gun to his wifes back.

This happened after being pulled over by police about 5 miles prior. Perfect set up right?

Maybe Belize is better??

Sheldon HASN'T yet cashed a big check but yes, I imagine the odds get better but still...   after tax if he gets say $25 mil, I can see a 28 year old burn through that by age 50.  Entourage costs.....;)

Sheldon has huge money coming his way down the road.  If he doesn't continue his past offseasons ways.   I can see it too, too many have pissed away fortunes but it's not a given who would have guessed that Johnny Mitchell took his money, invested well and is set? 

I have 2 friends that did this out of country retirement thing with mixed reviews..

About 14 years ago one moved to Colon Panama. Sold their home here and bought one there.

LIked it enough cost of daily living was very good but after 2-3 years came back to the states during the  summer months and stayed with their son because the heat was intolerable and kept them inside.

About 5-6 years later he developed prostate cancer. His treatment options in Panama were limited so he had to spend alot of time going back and forth until his treatments were done.

Approx 10 yrs ago. another friend moved to Mexico near a resort town named Ixtapa. The town they lived in was Zihuatenejo (spelling?)

Loved it but moved back after 3 years because while on a road trip o Acapulco they were robbed on a highway by gun toting banditos.

This happened after being pulled over by police about 5 miles prior. Perfect set up right?

Maybe Belize is better??

635716547654834771-48437499_the-shawshan

Maybe Belize is better??

Acapulco is very dangerous now. I wouldn't venture there. I have heard good things about Zihuatanejo, though. I'm looking at Puerto Vallarta or maybe the Tulum area on the Caribbean side. PV is so established as an ex-pat destination that there's a neighborhood called Gringo Gulch. In Belize, I'm looking at the Ambergris Caye. I'm good with the heat. Takes a lot to chase my indoors. And I'm sure in retirement -if need be- I could handle a siesta. :)

holy sh*t! Lol, $80-$120? Now that's the upper 2% of retirees. Funny thing is that most people retiring from the Northeast, Police,  Fire, FAA, guys are retiring with such large pensions that they actually are retiring wealthier than when they were working.

i know 4 guys that have retired & bought 2nd homes AFTER retiring! All of them in their late 50s. And everyone wonders why taxes are so high in the Northeast, they have have motorcycles, boats, convertibles. I don't begrudge them, I just don't want to pay for it! It's unsustainable economics & why towns are filing for bankruptcy.

It is unsustainable I the northeast and eventually they will have to cut the pensions. 

Its abig scam. 

It is unsustainable I the northeast and eventually they will have to cut the pensions. 

Its abig scam. 

I know this isn't the forum for this but the idea that someone can pad their overtime to increase their pension over the last 3 or 5 years (I don't know, but I know it's done) is especially galling when that pension falls into the laps of tax payers.

I am a little optmistic that Sheldon's difficulties might actually make him more affordable to resign when that time comes.  Of course, perfect scenarios have a habit of not playing out that way for the Jets, but still....

It is a dream I have.

Archived