No settlement between Brady and NFL

Jet Fan RI

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No worries.  It'll all be over soon.  Pats fans are trying to get the FBI involved.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/i-emailed-the-fbi-i-might-just-be-ridiculous.1122870/

I am tired of the fraudulent and corrupt activity by Goodell and his minions. Here is my letter - it's probably a bit ridiculous and won't be taken seriously, but worth it in my mind:

This may seem insignificant, but please let me explain. The NFL is involved in corrupt and fraudulent activities and is doing so without worry of any punishment. The Bountygate and Deflategate issues are causing irreparable harm to fans, players, owners, and local sports organizations. Millions of dollars are being lost (or potentially being lost) due to loss of salaries, endorsements, gambling wages, potential misses of playoff income to owners/players, and even former players not receiving money (spent on falsely-claimed "independent" reports by Ted Wells and fraudulent investigations / prosecutions) for injuries that include brain injuries from concussions. The NFL front office is becoming littered with former N.Y. Jets personnel who appear to be behaving in devious schemes to create a false parity in the league by weakening other teams. The New England Patriots were docked a first round and a fourth round draft pick and $1,000,000 when the organization was proclaimed to have no hand in this supposed deflation of footballs. This not only costs theorganization the fine amount, but it also artificially changes the competitive balance in the league. This potentially could lead to more millions of dollars in revenue loss. The NFL with its arbitrary and capricious penalties is also costing the NFLPA union millions of dollars to defend themselves from such ridiculous penalties and monetary fines. There are strong theories out there that suggest owners from other clubs are conspiring with the commissioner of the league, the supposed "defender of the shield", to falsely penalize the team and star player because they can't beat them fairly on a field of play. This is, essentially, GAME-FIXING! The NFL, with its uncorrected false leaks about incorrect air pressures to win public approval, has gone too far. Roger Goodell is the commissioner for all teams - not just for select owners. Tom Brady had an impeccable reputation that is now sullied by these rulings by Goodell, and this is potentially costing him millions of dollars in endorsement losses. Sean Payton of the New Orleans Saints lost an entire year's salary (and the Saints lost 2 second round draft picks) for what is now being seen in the light as another fraudulent investigation / punishment. Goodell has been caught in many lies, including one by a Federal judge, and he and his cronies need to be exposed. Goodell stated that Brady (with ZERO proof) was involved in a scheme that affected the integrity of the game. Goodell and his cohort are the ones really involved in a scheme - a scheme to swindle the owners, organizations, players, and, especially, the paying fans. We, as fans, have a right to fair games and to have these shady acts exposed. This country was built as a fair and just society - there can be no exceptions. Again, millions of dollars are at stake related to corrupt behaviors of the owners and the commissioner conspiring. Does the NFL deserve a FIFA-type investigation? I believe so.

Told ya Goodell is a moron and will blow this case.

Last night, PFT surmised that free-agent kicker Jay Feely may have told Judge Richard M. Berman about the 2009 incident involving a Jets kicking ball during Feely’s unexpected trip to court in his capacity as a member of the NFL Players Association’s Executive Committee.

As it turns out, Feely did.

Appearing on The Doug Gottlieb Show, Feely said that he explained to Judge Berman the situation arising from a Jets-Patriots game.

“We talked about the similarities in that case and the differences in the way the NFL responded,” Feely said. “I didn’t get in trouble. I had no culpability in that case.”

As the kicker, Feely presumably would have been at least “generally aware” of the use of an unapproved piece of equipment by a Jets equipment employee, who was suspended as a result of the incident. But Feely was neither questioned nor disciplined.

It’s an important point, because the failure to investigate or to discipline Feely under similar circumstances shows that the NFL may have been acting arbitrarily in Brady’s case.

By Friday, we’ll find out whether Judge Berman agrees.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/01/feely-did-indeed-tell-judge-berman-about-the-jets-k-ball-incident/

hmm; not sure i would get the FBI involved; yeah the NFL sucked on this, but do you really want a full  investigation about deflate gate?  Most NE fans are calling this a sham, but if the Pats had nothing to hide, why stonewall the investigation?  If that FBI gets involved and there is a real case, subpoena will be issued; I am pretty sure nobody wants that...

No worries.  It'll all be over soon.  Pats fans are trying to get the FBI involved.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/i-emailed-the-fbi-i-might-just-be-ridiculous.1122870/

I am tired of the fraudulent and corrupt activity by Goodell and his minions. Here is my letter - it's probably a bit ridiculous and won't be taken seriously, but worth it in my mind:

This may seem insignificant, but please let me explain. The NFL is involved in corrupt and fraudulent activities and is doing so without worry of any punishment. The Bountygate and Deflategate issues are causing irreparable harm to fans, players, owners, and local sports organizations. Millions of dollars are being lost (or potentially being lost) due to loss of salaries, endorsements, gambling wages, potential misses of playoff income to owners/players, and even former players not receiving money (spent on falsely-claimed "independent" reports by Ted Wells and fraudulent investigations / prosecutions) for injuries that include brain injuries from concussions. The NFL front office is becoming littered with former N.Y. Jets personnel who appear to be behaving in devious schemes to create a false parity in the league by weakening other teams. The New England Patriots were docked a first round and a fourth round draft pick and $1,000,000 when the organization was proclaimed to have no hand in this supposed deflation of footballs. This not only costs theorganization the fine amount, but it also artificially changes the competitive balance in the league. This potentially could lead to more millions of dollars in revenue loss. The NFL with its arbitrary and capricious penalties is also costing the NFLPA union millions of dollars to defend themselves from such ridiculous penalties and monetary fines. There are strong theories out there that suggest owners from other clubs are conspiring with the commissioner of the league, the supposed "defender of the shield", to falsely penalize the team and star player because they can't beat them fairly on a field of play. This is, essentially, GAME-FIXING! The NFL, with its uncorrected false leaks about incorrect air pressures to win public approval, has gone too far. Roger Goodell is the commissioner for all teams - not just for select owners. Tom Brady had an impeccable reputation that is now sullied by these rulings by Goodell, and this is potentially costing him millions of dollars in endorsement losses. Sean Payton of the New Orleans Saints lost an entire year's salary (and the Saints lost 2 second round draft picks) for what is now being seen in the light as another fraudulent investigation / punishment. Goodell has been caught in many lies, including one by a Federal judge, and he and his cronies need to be exposed. Goodell stated that Brady (with ZERO proof) was involved in a scheme that affected the integrity of the game. Goodell and his cohort are the ones really involved in a scheme - a scheme to swindle the owners, organizations, players, and, especially, the paying fans. We, as fans, have a right to fair games and to have these shady acts exposed. This country was built as a fair and just society - there can be no exceptions. Again, millions of dollars are at stake related to corrupt behaviors of the owners and the commissioner conspiring. Does the NFL deserve a FIFA-type investigation? I believe so.

This may be the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.  How would the FBI have any jurisdiction over any aspect of this?  The author of this should be arrested by the thought police for being too stupid to live.

It’s an important point, because the failure to investigate or to discipline Feely under similar circumstances shows that the NFL may have been acting arbitrarily in Brady’s case.

- the Pats were also caught with improperly inflating kicking balls, but since they weren't tested and then tested again, there was no further investigation; a different ball was used.

I think it is important to differentiate between an equipment error and bringing balls to be tested, and after they are approved, changing them.  That isn't an equipment issue that is all out cheating.  You can argue that the NFL didn't determine who did the cheating, but they are different things...

Of course if the NFL weren't a bunch of buffoons, this would have gone a lot better for all parties.

A list of things that the FBI would be just as likely to investigate:

-  my wife for hurting my feelings;

-  my dog for crapping on my kitchen floor;

-  my landlord for raising my rent;

-  Donald Trump for being rude to that Univision reporter; and

-  Idzik for conspiracy to make the Jets suck.

I am mad about all of things and I think the FBI should definitely get involved.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-marriage-trouble-report-article-1.2345561

Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen may be heading for divorce over DeflateGate pressures: report

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's six-year marriage to supermodel Gisele Bundchen may be deflating quickly.

The relationship has been severely strained by Brady's ongoing legal battle with the NFL over the so-called DeflateGate to the point where Bundchen consulted a divorce lawyer, Us Weekly reported.

"Tom's become very nasty and irritable and started acting out on her," a source with ties to the couple told the gossip magazine.

"Things are very tense right now. This could be the end of them."

Rumors that the QB was close to fumbling his marriage first began with an OK! Magazine cover story last month with another anonymous source claiming, "Things between Tom and Gisele have been strained for a long time... they've been plagued by the same problem (for years)."

There is more at stake than just a lot of money for Brady, 38, and Bundchen, 35, who earned a combined $78 million last year.

The couple has two children, Benjamin, 5, and Vivian, 2, as well as shared custody of Brady's other son, 8-year-old John, with his ex, Bridget Moynahan.

Brady, of course, has been wrapped up in the NFL's long-running DeflateGate scandal since January.

The Patriots quarterback was implicated in the team's alleged deflating of footballs in the AFC Championship game against the Indianapolis Colts. Brady and the Patriots beat the Colts in that game and went on to win the franchise's fourth Super Bowl two weeks later, beating the defending-champion Seahawks.

An NFL-financed investigation found that Brady was "at least generally aware"of the practice of deflating footballs and was suspended four games while the Patriots were hit with a $1M fine and lost two draft picks, including a first-round selection in 2016. Brady appealed his suspension, which was upheld by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, who also issued the punishment, and has taken his case against the league to federal court.

A decision in the matter could be reached as soon as today, as Judge Richard Berman said Monday that he would issue his ruling in the coming days and "certainly before Friday."

In a sign that there may be a fourth-quarter comeback off the field, Brady arrived at his Monday court hearing in New York with Bundchen at his side.

none of those things have anything to do w/ slight deflation of balls.

Duh.

All of them have to do with very small deviations from established rules that keep this game fair and balanced.   Maybe you can tell me what your new rule would be concerning balls used in an nfl game? 

Duh.

All of them have to do with very small deviations from established rules that keep this game fair and balanced.   Maybe you can tell me what your new rule would be concerning balls used in an nfl game? 

some QBs like them overinflated, some under.  it's not a big deal either way.  if people think that is why Tom is the best QB of his generation and possibly the best of all time they would be mistaken.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-marriage-trouble-report-article-1.2345561

Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen may be heading for divorce over DeflateGate pressures: report

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's six-year marriage to supermodel Gisele Bundchen may be deflating quickly.

The relationship has been severely strained by Brady's ongoing legal battle with the NFL over the so-called DeflateGate to the point where Bundchen consulted a divorce lawyer, Us Weekly reported.

"Tom's become very nasty and irritable and started acting out on her," a source with ties to the couple told the gossip magazine.

Rumors that the QB was close to fumbling his marriage first began with an OK! Magazine cover story last month with another anonymous source claiming, "Things between Tom and Gisele have been strained for a long time... they've been plagued by the same problem (for years)."

There is more at stake than just a lot of money for Brady, 38, and Bundchen, 35, who earned a combined $78 million last year.

The couple has two children, Benjamin, 5, and Vivian, 2, as well as shared custody of Brady's other son, 8-year-old John, with his ex, Bridget Moynahan.

Brady, of course, has been wrapped up in the NFL's long-running DeflateGate scandal since January.

The Patriots quarterback was implicated in the team's alleged deflating of footballs in the AFC Championship game against the Indianapolis Colts. Brady and the Patriots beat the Colts in that game and went on to win the franchise's fourth Super Bowl two weeks later, beating the defending-champion Seahawks.

An NFL-financed investigation found that Brady was "at least generally aware"of the practice of deflating footballs and was suspended four games while the Patriots were hit with a $1M fine and lost two draft picks, including a first-round selection in 2016. Brady appealed his suspension, which was upheld by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, who also issued the punishment, and has taken his case against the league to federal court.

A decision in the matter could be reached as soon as today, as Judge Richard Berman said Monday that he would issue his ruling in the coming days and "certainly before Friday."

In a sign that there may be a fourth-quarter comeback off the field, Brady arrived at his Monday court hearing in New York with Bundchen at his side.

Closeted homosexuality? 

some QBs like them overinflated, some under.  it's not a big deal either way.  if people think that is why Tom is the best QB of his generation and possibly the best of all time they would be mistaken.

the big deal is that the rule says they are not allowed to do it.  They knew that and broke it anyway to gain an advantage.

bet you didn't think recording Kurt Warner & crew's walk-thru at the Super Bowl was a big deal either

the big deal is that the rule says they are not allowed to do it.  They knew that and broke it anyway to gain an advantage.

bet you didn't think recording Kurt Warner & crew's walk-thru at the Super Bowl was a big deal either

If you don't enforce ALL the rules (yes even, the smallest, most detailed ones) then why enforce any at all? I tell you what, I think the Jets should use a modified Nerf ball that looks exactly like a regular NFL one so that Fitzpatrick could get a ton more zip on his passes over 15 yards. Hell, if you don't punish teams for trying to break the rules than why not? Isn't that why the apologists say "if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying hard enough?" 

we don't know that, there really isn't evidence to support it being anything other than a witch hunt by the league.

the walk through myth is just that but people read false info and it spreads and they believe it to where people think it is fact.

it's hard for people to admit b/c we all hate the Pats but they earned all of their SB titles.

It may not be why Tom is a great QB, but it could explain why the Patriots fumble rate went from about normal to well below normal once this new rule went into place.  It may also explain why their fumble rate doesn't increase dramatically when it gets colder like other teams.

Either way, cheating is cheating.  If a ball happens to be a little low - yes, that isn't a big deal, but if the Pats did what they were accused of and properly inflated them, got them inspected, and then tampered with them, then it is a huge deal.

Imagine if baseball players substituted balls with harder cores to hit the ball father, or softer cores when their pitching sucked.  Or bobsledders messing with weight after inspection, or F1 messing with the cars, etc.  Any other team/sport and they would be banned for a year if not a lifetime.

I don't know what Brady did or knew (since the NFL messed this up badly), but if he did this than he got off easy with 4 games.  If he didn't know at first, but is stonewalling to protect his team or legacy he deserves to be suspended as well (just ask the Saints and Peyton).  And the fact that he is so good makes it more ridiculous as he shouldn't have to cheat to win.

He's been deflating his balls OFF the field too?

we don't know that, there really isn't evidence to support it being anything other than a witch hunt by the league.

the walk through myth is just that but people read false info and it spreads and they believe it to where people think it is fact.

it's hard for people to admit b/c we all hate the Pats but they earned all of their SB titles.

Uh...Video of the dieter taking the bag of balls into the bathroom, then putting them back. Not enough evidence for you?

The Pats cheat everyway they can, all the time, and the rest of the league has had it. That's the whole reason for this, and that's why the punishment is so high.

Now they went and bashed the NFL office, and the officials, and they want the punishment reduced? Crazy.

Oh and they are not even suing based on the evidence. They are suing for the extraordinary punishment.  

This sounds like Patriot fan thinking.  Many pro Brady-Pat arguments point to lack of definite evidence and question the Wells report (and its vague language).

But IMHO this is done purposely by the NFL.  Pat fans like to think the NFL is out to get them.  Realistically though, the NFL doesn't want this either.  It's in the league's best interest to keep any concrete proof quiet while also somehow punishing the cheaters.

Think about it.  If they were to release irrefutable evidence of systematic cheating by the team which has been the most dominant lately, what would happen?  Would season ticket holders still lay out thousands and thousands for tickets?  Would the casual fan dedicate Sundays to watching games?  Doubtful.  The NFL would be more like the WWE that has outcomes predetermined.

Seems like the wording of the CBA was targeted directly at the Patriots.  There's no burden of proof like there is in the legal system.  So the NFL isn't forced between choosing to just let it go or reveal all the evidence to punish the Pats, while also possibly really hurting the league.

Seems like the owners finally grew tired of the cheating Patriot way.  And now they're hoping to utilize the new CBA rules in an attempt to stop the cheating.  All in all, there's probably a TON of evidence and other cheating we don't know about.

tomy-brady-waterslide_crop_340x234.jpg?1

tom-brady-dance-1.gif

6795317a7a61919cf9c0df9b945b542dcf1b30a5

I am sure the pressure is their only problem.

It may not be why Tom is a great QB, but it could explain why the Patriots fumble rate went from about normal to well below normal once this new rule went into place.  It may also explain why their fumble rate doesn't increase dramatically when it gets colder like other teams.

Either way, cheating is cheating.  If a ball happens to be a little low - yes, that isn't a big deal, but if the Pats did what they were accused of and properly inflated them, got them inspected, and then tampered with them, then it is a huge deal.

Imagine if baseball players substituted balls with harder cores to hit the ball father, or softer cores when their pitching sucked.  Or bobsledders messing with weight after inspection, or F1 messing with the cars, etc.  Any other team/sport and they would be banned for a year if not a lifetime.

I don't know what Brady did or knew (since the NFL messed this up badly), but if he did this than he got off easy with 4 games.  If he didn't know at first, but is stonewalling to protect his team or legacy he deserves to be suspended as well (just ask the Saints and Peyton).  And the fact that he is so good makes it more ridiculous as he shouldn't have to cheat to win.

Doctoring balls in baseball gets you into the hall of fame, so I'm not sure about that year-long/lifetime ban in other sports.  

My guess is that Brady and his cronies regularly engaged in some "self-help", especially after the 16-psi incident from one of the Jets games.  I can imagine Brady justifying it by saying "If we give the officials balls inflated within the legal range, and they sometimes add MORE air to the ball (to the point where it sometimes goes beyond the legal limit), then I am entitled to take some air back out before I use them."  Of course, he probably had this done every game, regardless of whether or not the officials in fact added air to the balls.  He apparently was not very systematic about it either, which explains why the balls were deflated by such seemingly random and haphazard amounts.  

I still don't understand the supposed cause and effect between the rule change, the illegal activity and the fumbles.  Brady was accused of tampering with the balls AFTER inspection by the officials.  How does the rule change have any effect on that?  If deflating the balls is such a huge advantage, wouldn't the Patriots be taking needles to the ball on the sideline before and after the rule change?  

Think about it.  If they were to release irrefutable evidence of systematic cheating by the team which has been the most dominant lately, what would happen?  Would season ticket holders still lay out thousands and thousands for tickets?  Would the casual fan dedicate Sundays to watching games?  Doubtful.  The NFL would be more like the WWE that has outcomes predetermined.

I think this concern is overblown.  Roger Goodell could back a U-Haul truck over the mother of every NFL fan while yelling, "this is what the NFL thinks of you and your stupid family" and millions of people would STILL watch the games.   I don't think even evidence of systematic cheating would send fans in droves to watch curling events instead.  

tom brady "its ok to punish me for lying and covering up the facts, as long as I don't have to admit to any wrongdoing"

ummm

then what exactly were you lying and covering up tommy boy ?

it's crystal clear to me the other owners are behind Goddells' refusal to settle.  they are sick and tired of the pats* lame-ass cheating bullsh*t

I think this concern is overblown.  Roger Goodell could back a U-Haul truck over the mother of every NFL fan while yelling, "this is what the NFL thinks of you and your stupid family" and millions of people would STILL watch the games.  

ha, you could be right for many fans.  But still think if fans begin thinking they're being duped, a bunch will start finding better ways to spend their time/money.

it's crystal clear to me the other owners are behind Goddells' refusal to settle.  they are sick and tired of the pats* lame-ass cheating bullsh*t

It sounds like some are.  Other owners seem to be more motivated by the schadenfreude of Kraft getting a league-administered enema after he stood around patting Goodell on the back while other teams were punished in recent years. Either way, you are right that the other owners are almost certainly calling all the shots for Goodell.  

tom brady "its ok to punish me for lying and covering up the facts, as long as I don't have to admit to any wrongdoing"

ummm

then what exactly were you lying and covering up tommy boy ?

Roger definitely has the full support of the other owners.

Archived