Cuts around the NFL

joewilly12

I figured why not start 1 thread instead of every Tom Dick and Harry cut somebody start one for each player. 

Raiders waived RB Trent Richardson.

Oakland will eat the $600,000 it guaranteed Richardson back in March. We figured the Colts' release of Richardson would serve as a swift kick in the pants for the former No. 3 overall pick, but he ended up reporting to Raiders camp overweight and didn't impress anyone in the organization this preseason, rushing for 42 scoreless yards on 15 carries (2.8 YPC) and breaking one measly tackle. Richardson is running out of chances, but we expect him to get one more.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Willie but one thread for this is not a good idea. I don't feel like going through one thread with numerous posts to find cuts. It would be better if mentionable cuts had their own thread or multiple cuts listed in them.

NOW if you were going to update the OP with all the current information and put in the work yourself that would work. Are you willing to keep tabs on this thread go through all the posts and update the OP accordingly ? if so that would warrant a sticky ...what say you willie ?

Sorry Willie but one thread for this is not a good idea. I don't feel like going through one thread with numerous posts to find cuts. It would be better if mentionable cuts had their own thread or multiple cuts listed in them.

NOW if you were going to update the OP with all the current information and put in the work yourself that would work. Are you willing to keep tabs on this thread go through all the posts and update the OP accordingly ? if so that would warrant a sticky ...what say you willie ?

Good idea you can do it!

I figured why not start 1 thread instead of every Tom Dick and Harry cut somebody start one for each player. 

Raiders waived RB Trent Richardson.

Oakland will eat the $600,000 it guaranteed Richardson back in March. We figured the Colts' release of Richardson would serve as a swift kick in the pants for the former No. 3 overall pick, but he ended up reporting to Raiders camp overweight and didn't impress anyone in the organization this preseason, rushing for 42 scoreless yards on 15 carries (2.8 YPC) and breaking one measly tackle. Richardson is running out of chances, but we expect him to get one more.

That article is inaccurate, Trent Richardson didn't come to camp overweight.( was recovering from pneumonia that sidelined him the first two weeks of camp).  Was in the best shape ( around 220) .   He just didn't have the explosion ( who knows if pneumonia zapped his strength).    The Raiders gave him a chance, it didn't work out- move on.

That article is inaccurate, Trent Richardson didn't come to camp overweight.( was recovering from pneumonia that sidelined him the first two weeks of camp).  Was in the best shape ( around 220) .   He just didn't have the explosion ( who knows if pneumonia zapped his strength).    The Raiders gave him a chance, it didn't work out- move on.

FYI rotoworld posted the article 

FYI rotoworld posted the article 

It's a poor job by rotoworld than, as the Raiders beat writers  erroneously  reported this as the  reason the Raiders were holding Trent Richardson out of camp due to his weight( took what Delrio said at press conference out of context) .  While in fact it was the pneumonia ( Richardson family members have died from that) why they were being cautious with him.    T Richardson came  to camp in tremendous shape, ( 220 - his weight at Alabama).       What Delrio asked him to come in at.  

The only point I'm making is inaccurate report could effect another team possible giving him a chance .( that's again is poor job on rotoworld part)

It's a poor job by rotoworld than, as the Raiders beat writers  erroneously  reported this as the  reason the Raiders were holding Trent Richardson out of camp due to his weight( took what Delrio said at press conference out of context) .  While in fact it was the pneumonia ( Richardson family members have died from that) why they were being cautious with him.    T Richardson came  to camp in tremendous shape, ( 220 - his weight at Alabama).       What Delrio asked him to come in at.  

The only point I'm making is inaccurate report could effect another team possible giving him a chance .( that's again is poor job on rotoworld part)

That is a real danger here because most NFL GMs base their personnel decisions on rotoworld reports.  Hopefully they will issue a correction or retraction ASAP. 

NFL teams have to trim their rosters from 90 players to 75 by Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET. For many teams that process began Sunday, and the biggest name that jumped as a player who might draw interest from the New York Giants is two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Tim Jennings.

The Chicago Bears cut the 31-year-old Jennings on Sunday. A Pro Bowler in 2012 and 2013, Jennings has been a full-time starter in Chicago for the past five seasons.

The Giants could use cornerback depth. They have Prince Amukamara and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, along with slot corner Trumaine McBride. Trevin Wade has been impressive, but the Giants are his fourth NFL team in four NFL seasons. Beyond that, the group of Mike HarrisJayron HosleyJosh GordyChykie Brown and Chander Fenner is uninspiring.

Jennings will likely look for a place where he could start, which wouldn't happen withe Giants. No harm, though, in kickign the tires.

Former Giants cut

Several former Giants are currently looking for new teams. Center J.D. Walton was cut by the Miami Dolphins, offensive lineman James Brewer and tight end Matt LaCosseby the New York Jets and linebacker Terrell Manning by the Atlanta Falcons.

Use this as an open thread today to discuss other players around the league who become available.

I'll keep Quigley.  He makes me just as nervous as you guys, but he is young and has a big leg. The team is getting turned over, this is the perfect time to have a guy like this that we are hoping becomes consistent.  Weatherford has been in a league a decade and not only did Westoff hate him, but he got into it with Quinn on the Giants sideline last year.  **** 'im.

I'll keep Quigley.  He makes me just as nervous as you guys, but he is young and has a big leg. The team is getting turned over, this is the perfect time to have a guy like this that we are hoping becomes consistent.  Weatherford has been in a league a decade and not only did Westoff hate him, but he got into it with Quinn on the Giants sideline last year.  **** 'im.

but will he routinely shank a punt a game? because that's what i care about.

but will he routinely shank a punt a game? because that's what i care about.

I understand your concern, I just don't care.  If he routinely shanks a punt a game, how did he have the highest average (both gross and net) in team history?  He does need to be more consistent, but statistically he was in the top 1/3 of punters.  Weatherford is a head case on the downside.

hitting long, low line drives and allowing returns isn't what you want.  he was 12th in net, 22nd in putting ball inside 20 and 18th in PR yds.  Quigley was not good last year.

His net was higher on the overall list than his gross, so I don't think returns were such a problem compared to the rest of the league.  12th is well into the top half of the league.  Weatherford was 24th.  Even if you hate him, he was better than Weatherford by any measure except punts inside the 20. 

I understand your concern, I just don't care.  If he routinely shanks a punt a game, how did he have the highest average (both gross and net) in team history?  He does need to be more consistent, but statistically he was in the top 1/3 of punters.  Weatherford is a head case on the downside.

Plus he thinks Sanchez is a good QB. We can't be associated with that sort of element.

Archived