Petty

#bman

the plays are so generic in preseason, especially with the 2nd and 3rd stringers, i don't see how you can really evaluate much of anything in these games so far.  i can say he looks like he's not holding onto the ball as long as geno, but that's not saying much since geno was the worst in the nfl last year at this.

Can someone explain to me the benefits of sitting a guy for two years as opposed to one? It seems like there would be diminishing returns on the positive aspects of holding a clipboard.

It took Rodgers two years to be ready.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Browns depends on what Manziel shows.  Rams have Foles.  Bills shouldn't be near the top 10.  Skins should.   Still if the Browns and Skins pick a QB there's 4 stud QBs right now teams would be looking at. ,who knows

If you think you know what the landscape is going to be in April 2016 in September 2015, go play Vegas my friend.  if I tell you 4 QBs are going to grade out as the next Eli, Big Ben, Rivers, and Cam Newton type prospects by some scouts...and you think these level of scores are going to go outside the top 10, well, we'll see.  But teams will find a way to get their QB of the future.  I wouldn't even put it past the Giants and Patriots to make a move to go get 1 because they know how important the position is.  No one today thinks the Patriots will be 8-8, 9-7, but if Brady does sit 4 games, and they come out 1-3, and he can't get them 9 wins to the play-offs at 10-6, you may start thinking things impossible in September 2015 may happen in April 2016.  And if the Giants go 6-10 and just never put it together.  There's no way you can convince me 4 hot QB prospects wont be off the board quick, if the top 5-6 QB prospects play out as people anticipate.   You really think the rest of the NFL will sit on their hands and let one of the 4 QBs sit and fall in the Jets lap wherever they pick, 1-32, I don't see it.  

It took Rodgers 2 years?  He didn't start a single game till year 4....it was his 4th year in the league before he was the starting QB.

But folks think it was ok to put Sanchez, a guy with ONE year of college experience out there in year one, Smith from a spread offence out there in year one and then act like it is a surprise that they stink the joint up!

They might not have ever been any good but the truth is simple... They weren't ready!!

This isn't magic and you have to have a plan to develop the most important position on the field.  It isn't crazy and it can work, we just have to do it.

But folks think it was ok to put Sanchez, a guy with ONE year of college experience out there in year one, Smith from a spread offence out there in year one and then act like it is a surprise that they stink the joint up!

They might not have ever been any good but the truth is simple... They weren't ready!!

This isn't magic and you have to have a plan to develop the most important position on the field.  It isn't crazy and it can work, we just have to do it.

Jets need to be patient...but they can't put all their eggs in one basket either, see drafting RG3 and Cousins.  I would grab another QB next year.  I dont care which rd, but I'd go top 3 or 4 rds.

If you think you know what the landscape is going to be in April 2016 in September 2015, go play Vegas my friend.  if I tell you 4 QBs are going to grade out as the next Eli, Big Ben, Rivers, and Cam Newton type prospects by some scouts...and you think these level of scores are going to go outside the top 10, well, we'll see.  But teams will find a way to get their QB of the future.  I wouldn't even put it past the Giants and Patriots to make a move to go get 1 because they know how important the position is.  No one today thinks the Patriots will be 8-8, 9-7, but if Brady does sit 4 games, and they come out 1-3, and he can't get them 9 wins to the play-offs at 10-6, you may start thinking things impossible in September 2015 may happen in April 2016.  And if the Giants go 6-10 and just never put it together.  There's no way you can convince me 4 hot QB prospects wont be off the board quick, if the top 5-6 QB prospects play out as people anticipate.   You really think the rest of the NFL will sit on their hands and let one of the 4 QBs sit and fall in the Jets lap wherever they pick, 1-32, I don't see it.  

it's pretty impossible to miss the point this much.  I said QB prospects today and can't see who needs QB today.  

Heres as what I don't need a crystal ball for, the Giants are NOT moving up into the top ten to take a QB.  They have Eli, who they are going to make a top paid QB any day and are happy with Nassib as his 3 rd year backup.  

Absolutely facisnating that that my thought that one of 4 or so QB prospects could be available to the Jets should send me to Vegas but your idea that all 4 will be gone in the first ten picks is based on fact.  If you think 4 QBS will go in the first 10 picks you need to study history as see how often that's happened. 

I think that the team likes him, but you won't hear Maccagnan, Bowles or anyone else say it. They don't want the fan pressure to play him if our starter sucks, and I'm sure that they want him to focus on improving at his craft. Not to take a shot at Rex...well, OK I will, but that buffoon would be giving quotes to the media every day along the lines of "boy, this kid! Whew, the arm on this kid, he can make some throws!"

A year from now, Petty will have the playbook down cold, then we will start to see what we have in him.

Archived