Which NFL head coaches have had the worst QB's in history?

AFJF

Here's a little brain teaser for the Rex fans in the audience. Lovie Smith coached a team that: a.) employed not one but two GMs who had no idea how to evaluate talent, b.) had a Hall of Fame QB in its division for his entire tenure, and c.) suffered through abysmal QB play every year. Despite all this, Lovie Smith has three division titles, two conference championship game appearances (!!!), a Super Bowl appearance, and--even after going 2-14 last season--a winning record for his career. 

My question for all of you: wha happen?

The year they made the SB the 2 seed in the NFC was 10-6.   the year they made the other title game app they faced a 7-9 team in the div rd.  if rex's teams played in that NFC they would have had multiple SB apps.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the giants OFFENSE did by controlling the clock for 40+ mins.  BB and BP get way too much credit for getting shredded by the Bills offense in that SB. 

Art Modell announced the move to Bal on 11/6/95.  Cle was 4-5 and had just lost 37-10.

BB was a complete failure as a HC w/o Brady. 

Don Shula never won a Bowl even though he had a HOF QB in Marino..Hell in 1986 to 1989 he didn't even make the playoffs without a winning season..LOL

Don Shula never won a Bowl even though he had a HOF QB in Marino..Hell in 1986 to 1989 he didn't even make the playoffs without a winning season..LOL

Don Shula also made a SB w/ DAVID WOODLEY as a starting QB and won 2 Sbs w/o that top 5 all time great in Marino.  BB was a failure in Cle and NE w/o Brady. he has ONE career playoff win w/o Brady and zero career title game apps.  he won ONE home WC game then got blown out in div rd against team that didn't even make the SB. 

Don Shula also made a SB w/ DAVID WOODLEY as a starting QB and won 2 Sbs w/o that top 5 all time great in Marino.  BB was a failure in Cle and NE w/o Brady. he has ONE career playoff win w/o Brady and zero career title game apps.  he won ONE home WC game then got blown out in div rd against team that didn't even make the SB. 

You missed the sarcasm I assume??:P

I can't believe Brian Billick isn't on that list.   I can't even remember all of the bad QB's he had in baltimore but he had a great overall record.   Tony Banks, Kyle Boller, Trent Dilfer - I am pretty sure those were his better QB's in his ravens tenure.   

The list goes by how the QBs played.  I hate that fat carpet bagger Parcells, but he got decent (some lunatics would say HOF) level play out of the same sh*theads that sh*t the bed under Perkins.  Coaches that try to win with D will be more likely to make this list.  Kotite has some fairly high level QBs on there.  McMahon, Esiason and Cunningham were nothing like some of the sh*theads on that list.

The list goes by how the QBs played.  I hate that fat carpet bagger Parcells, but he got decent (some lunatics would say HOF) level play out of the same sh*theads that sh*t the bed under Perkins.  Coaches that try to win with D will be more likely to make this list.  Kotite has some fairly high level QBs on there.  McMahon, Esiason and Cunningham were nothing like some of the sh*theads on that list.

to be fair NYG made the playoffs w/ Simms and Bruner in 1981 under Perkins.

Kotite didn't have 80s McMahon and Boomer.  He had Cunningham in his prime though.

Archived