Gailey Looks to Big-Hitting Enunwa in H-Back Role

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   When JetNation.com interviewed Jets wide receiver Quincy Enunwa this off-season, one topic we touched on was Enunwa’s rare style of play for his position.  His tendency to attack his opponent with a linebacker-type mentality was intriguing, and Enunwa had this to say about it: I think it’s always just been my […]

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed.

In a laughing, but crying on the inside, sort of way.

I mean seriously, what a pusswah that Amaro is.  You're going to lose your job to a women beating 6th round pick WR convert, who sat on the practice squad last year because you're too afraid to block someone and cant stay on the field.  Unreal.

I've said this before, Enunwa is built like Anquan Boldin. What's the difference replacing Amaro with Quincy when Jace has not shown he can block anyway?

Gives us more speed (I'm sure Quincy is faster than Jace). These are the tough decisions that coaches make to try to improve the team with the players you have. Amaro was already playing the 3rd team in camp.

Could make for an incredible 5 wide set when Smith comes back. Jets could have Decker, Marshall, Enunwa, Smith, Owusu. You'd have SPEED & POWER, while forcing teams to go deep into their secondary depth to match up.

Their versatility would be amazing because Decker & Marshall can play in the slot or wide. Owusu & Smith provide the deep speed to force opposing teams to play honest. Loving Chan & this coaching staff. Nobodies safe.

I mean seriously, what a pusswah that Amaro is.  You're going to lose your job to a women beating 6th round pick WR convert, who sat on the practice squad last year because you're too afraid to block someone and cant stay on the field.  Unreal.

I tried so hard to convince myself that Amaro was a good pick, but the reality is... look who we didn't draft in that round. LOOK.

I've said this before, Enunwa is built like Anquan Boldin. What's the difference replacing Amaro with Quincy when Jace has not shown he can block anyway?

Gives us more speed (I'm sure Quincy is faster than Jace). These are the tough decisions that coaches make to try to improve the team with the players you have. Amaro was already playing the 3rd team in camp.

Could make for an incredible 5 wide set when Smith comes back. Jets could have Decker, Marshall, Enunwa, Smith, Owusu. You'd have SPEED & POWER, while forcing teams to go deep into their secondary depth to match up.

Their versatility would be amazing because Decker & Marshall can play in the slot or wide. Owusu & Smith provide the deep speed to force opposing teams to play honest. Loving Chan & this coaching staff. Nobodies safe.

Amaro was supposed to play the "move TE" position, which is basically a fat WR anyway. If Enunwa does it better, so be it. 

At this point, I don't care what round guys were originally drafted in. If they can contribute - good. If not - **** 'em.

That would ******* insane to get them all on the field at once.

I also think the creative thinking behind Enunwa moving to H-back = able to keep Kerley or another WR. 

I tried so hard to convince myself that Amaro was a good pick, but the reality is... look who we didn't draft in that round. LOOK.

So gross.  I literally remember saying, just take either of the LSU players right now, Landry or Hill and all will be great because they're both awesome and fill a need.

Instead, we took a soft Joker TE who cant even do that so now he's an HBack losing his job to a 6th round WR.  Wow

So gross.  I literally remember saying, just take either of the LSU players right now, Landry or Hill and all will be great because they're both awesome and fill a need.

Instead, we took a soft Joker TE who cant even do that so now he's an HBack losing his job to a 6th round WR.  Wow

I wanted Garapolooza because if you don't have a QB, you take one every year until you get one. 

Was also okay with any WR in that round, pretty much. At the time all I knew was that the WRs in that draft were like the QBs in '83

And I got neg repped for this one...bwahahahaha.

I'm not sure why the hatred for Amaro - last year was hard to judge a wr/te due to the lack of competent qb play - just because he's injured now makes no sense to write him off...

Not writing him off. 

Just displeased and borderline apathetic about him as a prospect. Mostly I lament who the Jets didn't draft in that round. He boasted about how the rest of the NFL would "regret" not picking him sooner in the draft, and for by all accounts he isn't any good at running routes, catching passes or blocking... 

Geno dropped, Idzik took him, he sucks. If we don't take Geno, perhaps we draft Menelik Watson, or Leveon Bell, or Eddie Lacy... since we needed both OT and RB that year (Breno, Chris Ivory).

Amaro dropped, Idzik took him, he sucks. If we don't take Amaro, perhaps we take Garapolo, Davante Adams, Jeremy Hill, Cody Latimer, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry... now this, this is why Amaro draws ire, because of who he isn't.

Not writing him off. 

Just displeased and borderline apathetic about him as a prospect. Mostly I lament who the Jets didn't draft in that round. He boasted about how the rest of the NFL would "regret" not picking him sooner in the draft, and for by all accounts he isn't any good at running routes, catching passes or blocking... 

Geno dropped, Idzik took him, he sucks. If we don't take Geno, perhaps we draft Menelik Watson, or Leveon Bell, or Eddie Lacy... since we needed both OT and RB that year (Breno, Chris Ivory).

Amaro dropped, Idzik took him, he sucks. If we don't take Amaro, perhaps we take Garapolo, Davante Adams, Jeremy Hill, Cody Latimer, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry... now this, this is why Amaro draws ire, because of who he isn't.

You cant help but point to his draft status which plays into the disdain.  Ultimately, it shouldnt matter and the best player plays no matter where he was drafted (except for in Calvin Pryor's case for some reason).  But the way the draft is built up and how many fans have started getting into it becoming draftniks if you will, it's hard to ignore when fans seemingly could do a better job drafting than some Dbag getting paid millions for it.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/8/31/9235983/quincy-enunwa-the-hybrid

On the next drive, Enunwa actually throws a block that helps spring Chris Ivory for a gain of 12.

enunwa5.0.JPG

enunwa6.0.JPG

Enunwa proceeded to line up as an H at other points in the first half of Saturday's game.

What's the point of all of this? Like Bowles said, it is an attempt to create mismatches.

I mentioned quite a few times in these forums that my nephew was an intern with the Jets at Cortland at last years camp.

He mentioned to me that Amaro is big but kinda of in a doofy way, not really athletically built. Also looked pudgy, and I got a lot of sh*t about. Then he said he was dropping a lot of passes in practice & making mental errors.

He also said that the Jets training staff were a bunch of egotistical jerks. When they talked to interns from other teams they were shocked how poorly the Jets interns were being treated & how awesome their experiences had been.

Rex ran a REALLY LOOSE SHIP!  I don't see a guy like Bowles letting anyone be mistreated in any way. What we are going to find out is that Bowles will quietly play the players playing THE BEST, no matter where they were drafted!

i think they were very high on Smith before he got hurt, cutting into Kerleys snaps. Now Enunwa is doing the same. Look at last year & Rex signing Chris Johnson? We had Bilal Powell who has looked excellent in preseason this year. 

Personally I think Rex just sucks at choosing talent & he sucks at siphoning talent. Give him 90 guys he'll f*ck it up! Have Ozzie Newsome pick the defense, (with HOF players like Lewis, Ed Reed, ect) and he'll win some games.

I don't think we drafted Amaro to block anyone, they all knew he wasn't a good blocking tight end. If the new staff doesn't like that Amaro cant block maybe they should see if they can find some trade value for him, bet Brees wouldn't mind Amaro on the Saints roster.

I mentioned quite a few times in these forums that my nephew was an intern with the Jets at Cortland at last years camp.

He mentioned to me that Amaro is big but kinda of in a doofy way, not really athletically built. Also looked pudgy, and I got a lot of sh*t about. Then he said he was dropping a lot of passes in practice & making mental errors.

He also said that the Jets training staff were a bunch of egotistical jerks. When they talked to interns from other teams they were shocked how poorly the Jets interns were being treated & how awesome their experiences had been.

Rex ran a REALLY LOOSE SHIP!  I don't see a guy like Bowles letting anyone be mistreated in any way. What we are going to find out is that Bowles will quietly play the players playing THE BEST, no matter where they were drafted!

i think they were very high on Smith before he got hurt, cutting into Kerleys snaps. Now Enunwa is doing the same. Look at last year & Rex signing Chris Johnson? We had Bilal Powell who has looked excellent in preseason this year. 

Personally I think Rex just sucks at choosing talent & he sucks at siphoning talent. Give him 90 guys he'll f*ck it up! Have Ozzie Newsome pick the defense, (with HOF players like Lewis, Ed Reed, ect) and he'll win some games.

Hope you're right. We will find out if the bold rings true week 1 if Calvin Pryor is starting over Miles or Jarrett. 

I don't think we drafted Amaro to block anyone, they all knew he wasn't a good blocking tight end. If the new staff doesn't like that Amaro cant block maybe they should see if they can find some trade value for him, bet Brees wouldn't mind Amaro on the Saints roster.

We'll never know why the Jets drafted Amaro, as based on the results, Idzik was clearly drunk out of his mind on both draft days.

Archived