Patriots trade for Jalen Saunders

Jetsfan80

He's going to go mental and he'll have a career game vs. the Jets. 

He went mental last year.

He could have. We have no idea who our punt returner is and our kick returner is suspect as well. 

It was stupid to cut him. 

He was a sh*tty returner.  He averaged the same as Kerley over all of last season with four teams and was averaging half that with the Jets.  He also fumbled twice in 16 touches.  He is weak and teeny tiny.  He also just got beat out for the same job by the immortal Marcus Murphy.

Brandon Gibson to IR who had a great camp and would have made the depth chart. LaFell and Edelman are banged up.

Saunders has a shot to be KR/PT and save Edelman some wear and tear, but fumbling will put him on the next bus to the CFL.

You think he has a shot to beat out studs like DaVaris Daniels and Chris Harper?

He was a sh*tty returner.  He averaged the same as Kerley over all of last season with four teams and was averaging half that with the Jets.  He also fumbled twice in 16 touches.  He is weak and teeny tiny.  He also just got beat out for the same job by the immortal Marcus Murphy.

That's alot of hindsight which we didnt know when we cut him. It was a stupid cut still given that our return guys were pretty sh*tty anyway. Then again, we dont develop players. Now that he's back in our division I guess we'll see about that. 

If he does develop I'll make sure to revisit this with some hindsight of my own. 

for every Woodhead there's 50 Matt Mulligans and Shaun Ellises who did nothing for the pats

You don't remember how many said Ellis would come back to haunt the Jets?? He took 5 million and laughed all the way to the bank.. The Pats then cut him and he was done for good..

He went mental last year.

You think he has a shot to beat out studs like DaVaris Daniels and Chris Harper?

Rep for the impressive knowledge of the bowels of the Patriots WR depth chart.  

Btw, I agree with you on Jalen -- I would be surprised if the guy even makes the opening day 53, let alone sees the field.  

That's alot of hindsight which we didnt know when we cut him. It was a stupid cut still given that our return guys were pretty sh*tty anyway. Then again, we dont develop players. Now that he's back in our division I guess we'll see about that. 

If he does develop I'll make sure to revisit this with some hindsight of my own. 

We didn't know that he was averaging 4 yards per return when cut him?  We didn't know that he weighs 165 pounds and is not a viable WR?  We didn't know that he fumbled?  We didn't know about his crazy seizure and that he lied to the team about it?  No ******* hindsight there.  That sh*t happened before he got cut.  Hindsight is him ripping off one decent kick return for the Saints and people thinking he turned the corner.  It is likely that he is only our division for one week. 

Rep for the impressive knowledge of the bowels of the Patriots WR depth chart.  

Btw, I agree with you on Jalen -- I would be surprised if the guy even makes the opening day 53, let alone sees the field.  

Ha.  It was in the article I read about them trading for Saunders. 

I kind of feel for kids like Saunders.  Having the conditional attached may make him less likely to make the team.  He has to outplay the waiver pickups by a margin worth more to them than that conditional pick.  If he makes the Pats he will probably see the field.  They probably want to save the wear and tear on Amendola who gets hurt enough as it is.  IMO Saunders is basically a dedicated returner and not likely to be used as a WR.  Another reason he was such poor value as the Jets first 4th rounder in 2014

You don't remember how many said Ellis would come back to haunt the Jets?? He took 5 million and laughed all the way to the bank.. The Pats then cut him and he was done for good..

Amaro made similar comments about the Patriots for passing on him in Rd 1.   Those kind of comments rarely seem to work out in the NFL, although, unlike Ellis, Amaro is still young and has time to deliver.  

Patriots released/waived WR/KR Jalen Saunders, TE Asante Cleveland, LB Darius Fleming, DL Zach Moore, DB Daxton Swanson, DB Justin Coleman, LB Xzavier Dickson and S Brandon King.

Saunders was acquired from the Saints just four days ago, but apparently didn't make enough of an impression on coach Bill Belichick. He'll likely end up on the practice squad.

Archived