Amaro to IR...done for the season

AFJF

Honestly, this is no big loss. Really....what did we lose? He couldn't block, he dropped a lot of balls, he was making mental mistakes, and he isn't any better after the catch than any other player we throw out there. 

the fact that he's an H  Back says it all. Can anyone think of any other H Backs in the league? Charles Clay and Owen Daniels are the only two that come to mind. The H back is an occasional player, not an every down type. Amaro didn't fit this offense, that's the bottom line. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, this is no big loss. Really....what did we lose? He couldn't block, he dropped a lot of balls, he was making mental mistakes, and he isn't any better after the catch than any other player we throw out there.

Thank god he couldn't practice injured, at least Chan got to experiment with Enunwa ect. This means that both Enunwa & Shaq will most likely make the team. It's not like we lost Gronk, lol, I mean Kyle Rudolph is way better than Amaro.

it's actually more important for us to see how we can get Smith on the field. Between Smith & Owusu with Decker & Marshall drawing attention those 2 dudes will have a chance to slice & dice their way to the endzone. Amaro was just a chain mover anyway, Wes Saxton can fill that role with a little Bohanon, and Enunwa as the Hback. Fill his space by committee.

Basically a slow WR at this point. 

there are different variations of a torn labrum which dictate what you can and can't do.   the bankhart lesion is usually a result of a dislocation and the shoulder can continue to pop in and out of joint.   the SLAP lesion is more associated with overhead sports - like throwing a baseball.   

he may have tried to play with it and found he just couldn't do it.   I can't imagine trying to block a DE with a SLAP lesion.   You have very little functional strength in one arm, certainly not enough to move a DE.   I could see a CB or RB playing through the injury but eventually you have to get it repaired.   It's a simple surgery to fix it but a very long recovery to get back to 100%.   Earl Thomas from seattle had his done after the super bowl and he is just now getting back on the field.  

Great info! 

This is mind-boggling. Statistically speaking it's almost impossible for even the most incompetent GM to have this many picks and have basically all of them wash out. You have to believe Idzik became GM by wishing on a monkey's paw or something. It's the only reasonable explanation.

But look at all of the picks he made. Sure almost none of them panned out. But look at the quantity!

Coaching breakdown on what Enunwa brings with Amaro out:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Enunwa-Has-Become-Jets-Tweener/51468e8a-e544-4510-ba7f-7363b71c12f9

Is Quincy Enunwaicon-article-link.gif a receiver? Or is he a tight end?

“He’s kind of a tweener. It gives the opposition a problem as to what they’re going to play in the game, whether it’s base or whether it’s sub,” said head coach Todd Bowles this week. “If it’s sub, he can go ahead and block some of the smaller guys. If it’s base, hopefully he can outrun some of the bigger guys. He’s a kind of interesting guy that can do both, so we’re trying to maximize all of the use we can get out of his talents.”

Throughout most of the summer, Enunwa has worked with the first team offense as the team’s third receiver.  A sixth-round pick of the Jets in the 2014 draft, Enunwa has not just been relegated to slot duty.

“It’s not so much as I’m a slot receiver – I’m just kind of the third receiver sometimes,” he said. “So I go in and depending on the formation, I might be inside or outside.”

A thickly-built target, the 6’2”, 225-pounder has the ability to create mismatches. He can overpower nickel defenders and also has the speed to beat linebackers down the field.

“In the slot, there is a lot more open room. Sometimes the DBs are a little bit smaller or they might put a linebacker out there,” he said. “Either or is fun. I like to play outside as well.”

With veteran Jeremy Kerleyicon-article-link.gif still working his way back from a concussion, Enunwa is the team’s No. 3 receiver at present time. A member of the Jets practice squad in 2014, Enunwa wants to continue to evolve.

“I’m happy with what I’ve done, but I still have a lot of work to do,” he said. “I’ve done a lot of good things in terms of just getting my assignments and doing my job, but there’s always room for improvement and so I’m working every day to get better and better.”

Enunwa, who started 34 games at Nebraska while totaling 115 receptions for 1,526 yards and 15 touchdowns, was also known for his blocking prowess in Lincoln. The Jets possess a lot of size at WR when they employ lineups featuring Brandon Marshallicon-article-link.gif (6’4”, 230), Eric Deckericon-article-link.gif (6’3”, 215) and Enunwa.

“It (Blocking) was a big thing at Nebraska,” he said. “Having great running backs to block for - it definitely kind of created that culture for me. Just coming here, I wanted to bring it in and make sure I kept that going because it’s always something that can help your team.”

In addition to WR coach Karl Dorrell, Enunwa is receiving guidance from both Marshall and Decker.

“They help me out a lot. They help me in reading coverages, running my routes – the intricacies of my routes,” he said. “Just kind of learning everything about being a receiver so I can be better.”

With Jace Amaroicon-article-link.gif on season-ending injured reserve, Enunwa’s role could become even more significant moving forward. Versatility is huge for an offense and Enunwa provides the club some interesting options.

“With that knowledge of the offense, it’s helped me play different positions and get on the field a little bit more,” he said. “So I definitely feel a lot more confident this year.”

Yeah.. but **** the guys who supported Izdick and his "plan," amirite?

I still support his plan. It is the correct way to build a team. But he was not a football guy and was a complete disaster at execution, plus Rex shouting "cornerback" and " my son knows this kid at Clemson" in his ear every 5 minutes didn't help too much either.

Idzik is not really to blame, Woody is. He specifically wanted a corporate guy, NOT a football guy and made Rex a requirement. For the spot of GM that means you are going to get someone sh*tty. And Woody succeeded in a big way.

Thank you thank you thank you to the FIRE IDZIK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

7645120.jpg

Korn Ferry should never ever, ever be hired to do anything ever, ever, based on this recommendation to Woody! Think about how foolish this whole process was ! He actually paid these idiots money to come up with some asinine money ball bullsh*t based on the fact the Idzik was associated with the Bucs & Seahawks in some 6th degrees of Kevin Bacon way. When people say a blind monkey with a head injury could have made better picks it's not an exaggeration. Honestly, if they had an open voting by Jet fans per pick the Jets would be better off today. It's mind boggling.

How can a guy with that unmistakable Cro-Magnon, missing link forehead be softer than Charmin?  Seems inconceivable.  He replaces the famous quote "the knee, always the knee" with "the labia, always the labia".  Can't catch, can't block, cannot get on the field.  Puss-tard.

there are different variations of a torn labrum which dictate what you can and can't do.   the bankhart lesion is usually a result of a dislocation and the shoulder can continue to pop in and out of joint.   the SLAP lesion is more associated with overhead sports - like throwing a baseball.   

he may have tried to play with it and found he just couldn't do it.   I can't imagine trying to block a DE with a SLAP lesion.   You have very little functional strength in one arm, certainly not enough to move a DE.   I could see a CB or RB playing through the injury but eventually you have to get it repaired.   It's a simple surgery to fix it but a very long recovery to get back to 100%.   Earl Thomas from seattle had his done after the super bowl and he is just now getting back on the field.  

I was going to post the same thing...

I'm sure the MRI showed what was injured....probably tried to rehab it, see what strength he could develop with the injury and what kind of pain remained to see if they could salvage the season...because if he got it repaired immediately he still would have been lost for most if not all of the season anyway. 

Yes he should have known this player would injure himself two years after he drafted him 

geez. He drafted Milliner, a player with multiple surgeries, McDougle, another player with an extensive injury history.  It's quite clear that Idsuck had no regard for any of that.  How much due diligence did that a - hole do with any of his picks? Next to none.  Amaro looked soft in camp last year and worse this year. Absolutely blame that jackass for the whole class of inferior players he brought in via draft and FA.

Korn Ferry should never ever, ever be hired to do anything ever, ever, based on this recommendation to Woody! Think about how foolish this whole process was ! He actually paid these idiots money to come up with some asinine money ball bullsh*t based on the fact the Idzik was associated with the Bucs & Seahawks in some 6th degrees of Kevin Bacon way. When people say a blind monkey with a head injury could have made better picks it's not an exaggeration. Honestly, if they had an open voting by Jet fans per pick the Jets would be better off today. It's mind boggling.

But his Pops was a Pop Warner coach.

I still support his plan. It is the correct way to build a team. But he was not a football guy and was a complete disaster at execution, plus Rex shouting "cornerback" and " my son knows this kid at Clemson" in his ear every 5 minutes didn't help too much either.

Idzik is not really to blame, Woody is. He specifically wanted a corporate guy, NOT a football guy and made Rex a requirement. For the spot of GM that means you are going to get someone sh*tty. And Woody succeeded in a big way.

If he'd have listened they would at least have drafted Martavis Bryant instead of Jalen Saunders.

Korn Ferry placed a ton of people. Jed Hughes in particular placed Mark Murphy with the Packers among others.   Hughes was supposedly a coach for years at Michigan, UCLA and in the NFL under Noll and Bud Grant.  They had decent candidates come in and either they didn't want the job (because of Rex, etc) or Johnson made the wrong selection.

If he'd have listened they would at least have drafted Martavis Bryant instead of Jalen Saunders.

Korn Ferry placed a ton of people. Jed Hughes in particular placed Mark Murphy with the Packers among others.   Hughes was supposedly a coach for years at Michigan, UCLA and in the NFL under Noll and Bud Grant.  They had decent candidates come in and either they didn't want the job (because of Rex, etc) or Johnson made the wrong selection.

Bryant's awesome but apparently there are Sheldon type red flags with him that none of us really know the details about. Being reported Pittsburgh drafted Coates due to them being unsure if Bryant can even stay clean enough to remain in the league.

geez. He drafted Milliner, a player with multiple surgeries, McDougle, another player with an extensive injury history.  It's quite clear that Idsuck had no regard for any of that.  How much due diligence did that a - hole do with any of his picks? Next to none.  Amaro looked soft in camp last year and worse this year. Absolutely blame that jackass for the whole class of inferior players he brought in via draft and FA.

You're actually right. He didn't pay any attention to injury history so blaming him for drafting a player with no injury history who eventually did get hurt, makes even less sense now than when I first replied. 

Archived