Lineman Vickerson to Join Amaro on IR; CB Phillips Waived

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   Tight end/H-back Jace Amaro wasn’t the only Jets player to be placed on season-ending injured reserve as he was joined by off-season defensive line addition Kevin Vickerson. A joruneyman making his fourth NFL stop with the Jets, Vickerson was expected to compete for a back-up role on a loaded defensive line […]

Click here to read the full story...

I didn't realize that Vickerson was hurt. I get the sense that we're using IR as a developmental player stash more-so than we have in recent past.

I remember seeing Vickerson's name on nearly every injury list this entire training camp. They must really think highly of him to put him on IR and not simply cut him. Although, I don't recall what kind of contract they gave him.

I remember seeing Vickerson's name on nearly every injury list this entire training camp. They must really think highly of him to put him on IR and not simply cut him. Although, I don't recall what kind of contract they gave him.

Salary is $645,000.  Would have been a $60,000 cap hit if cut for what ever that's worth.  

Archived