our last gm izadick sure had a plan

kmnj

I think it is about time for all of his defenders and there were tons of you to admit he was garbage from day one and was in over his head and clueless.  I will miss the "he has a plan " posts and "give  him time " Those that bought into his "plan" must feel pretty stupid and now

The lowest point in his tenure was the cheering when he cut Cro (a loyal Jet who played hurt and gave it all of the team) to bring in a scrub corner that never stays on the field at the same about the same money.

Thankfully our current GM actually does " get it" and did all he could do improve the team on both sides of the ball-Revis and Bmarsh were monster add ons on both sides of the ball

I am thankful Woody came to his senses and showed Izadick the door

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is about time for all of his defenders and there were tons of you to admit he was garbage from day one and was in over his head and clueless.  I will miss the "he has a plan " posts and "give  him time " Those that bought into his "plan" must feel pretty stupid and now

The lowest point in his tenure was the cheering when he cut Cro (a loyal Jet who played hurt and gave it all of the team) to bring in a scrub corner that never stays on the field at the same about the same money.

Thankfully our current GM actually does " get it" and did all he could do improve the team on both sides of the ball-Revis and Bmarsh were monster add ons on both sides of the ball

It isnt cool calling out other posters like this imo. If people defended Idzik, they are Jets fans. It is okay to root and hope that Idzik had a plan.

Clearly time has proven that his tenure was a disaster. But I don't see the need for other posters to apologize for trying to be positive about the Jets, even during a tough time.

It isnt cool calling out other posters like this imo. If people defended Idzik, they are Jets fans. It is okay to root and hope that Idzik had a plan.

Clearly time has proven that his tenure was a disaster. But I don't see the need for other posters to apologize for trying to be positive about the Jets, even during a tough time.

THEY MUST BE ACCOUNTED FOR!!!! 

ADMIT YOUR FOLLY IDZIK LOVERS!!!! 

COME CLEAN OR WE WILL COME FOR YOU!!!!

He had a plan and a good one at that.

Get rid of old dead wood.

Try and accumulate extra picks

Do not over pay and over term medium players just to get to .500 (see DRC)

Have a lot of cap room at the ready to be used once the dead wood was gone.

Stand up to Fat mouth Rex when it comes to having a say in who we keep.

His drafts were sheer trash and that is by far the most important thing a GM does so he deserves to get hammered for that.

If some of you guys had your way Rex would still be the coach, tyrod taylor would be our new starter, we would have over paid for DMR and a malcontent like whts his face from washington and we would be looking at a 500 record at best.

No way I was the only one.

Me think the lady doth protest too much. Art thou an Idzik Apologist!?!?!?!? SHAME!!!!! SHAME!!!!!!

YOU WERE WRONG!!! BE ASHAMED!!!! IT'S NOT ENOUGH THAT THE OP WAS RIGHT EVEN THOUGH WE ALL SUFFERED THROUGH AN HORRIFIC SEASON OF FOOTBALL. YOU MUST SHOW CONTRITION. 

YOUR MEANINGLESS SUPPORT OF IDZIK MUST BE MOCKED AND RIDICULED!!!!

I will laugh last when he ends up in New England and cheats himself to a ring like everyone else.

I thought calling out TomShane was allowed but for everyone else it wasnt cool?  Could have sworn that was part of the JN Handbook I got when I signed up.

His plan was to run the Jets into the ground. Luckily, we have a smart owner who wasn't afraid to crush Idzik and hit the rest button.

not sure if you're serious.  It was Woody 's illogical loyalty to our buffoon of a head coach that made any and all other GM candidates run away as fat as they could.  None of them with half a brain wanted to be handcuffed to Rex. Only Idzik bought into that. So our genius owner paired an incompetent candidate for GM with our incompetent HC. The rest is history.  It was entirely Woody's fault. 

I'm wearing 37 pieces of flair.

Now, you know it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Look, we want you to express yourself, okay? Now if you feel that the bare minimum is enough, then okay. But some people choose to wear more and we encourage that, okay? You do want to express yourself, don't you?

The people that should feel stupid are the ones that cannot differentiate between a proven plan for success and the inability to execute on that plan. Izdik suffered from the latter. 

These are the ones celebrating that their irrational lack of common sense has been proven right in some sort of bizarre "even a broken clock is right twice a day" scenario.

Also, Mac didn't do "all he could" to improve the team, otherwise we'd be much better off at QB. 

The people that should feel stupid are the ones that cannot differentiate between a proven plan for success and the inability to execute on that plan. Izdik suffered from the latter. 

These are the ones celebrating that their irrational lack of common sense has been proven right in some sort of bizarre "even a broken clock is right twice a day" scenario.

Also, Mac didn't do "all he could" to improve the team, otherwise we'd be much better off at QB. 

on the QB issue.....  What could MAC have  done???  Don't remember any great FA deals being done. 

he suffered more than an inability to execute.   Idzik was just plain bad at most of the requirements for an NFL GM.   He didn't share a vision with the HC, he was poor evaluator of both talent and character, he couldn't draft, and he mis-handled the most important position in football.  

all this plan and cap nonsense is just that, nonsense.   12 picks, why use 12 when you know they won't make roster?   trade up, trade for picks next year, do anything other than draft scrubs.   Idzik got too much credit for cap management when all of the moves were so obvious that just about any poster on this board could have made them.   cutting holmes and sanchez?   really, we are going to give him credit for that?   

ps.  this is about the longest this board has gone w/o an Idzik thread since he was first  hired.   

he suffered more than an inability to execute.   Idzik was just plain bad at most of the requirements for an NFL GM.   He didn't share a vision with the HC, he was poor evaluator of both talent and character, he couldn't draft, and he mis-handled the most important position in football.  

all this plan and cap nonsense is just that, nonsense.   12 picks, why use 12 when you know they won't make roster?   trade up, trade for picks next year, do anything other than draft scrubs.   Idzik got too much credit for cap management when all of the moves were so obvious that just about any poster on this board could have made them.   cutting holmes and sanchez?   really, we are going to give him credit for that?   

ps.  this is about the longest this board has gone w/o an Idzik thread since he was first  hired.   

Perfectly said. 

I used to get ill listening to posters go on and on about "the plan" as if they and Idzik were from some higher NFL GM IQ planet while the rest of us were too dumb to see the genius of Idzik and his plan.  

Idzik inherited all the old scouts and it all finally culminated into two consecutive sh*t-storm drafts.

Archived