Bart Scott Speaking truth!!

Charlie Brown

You take a team into the deep water and you drown them! 

What I thought was interesting was the fact that Bart was making a strong case for our defense being as nasty as any under Rex and that in and of itself was very insightful for me....

He really could understand why Bowles was practicing the team in the way that he was and he can see what the defense will end up being.... 

Nice to see... Drown them... :)

Jets/Giants replay is on NFL network now, just watched the first half again and they did look good

Bart still lives in NJ, so coaching could be on the list

he has a coveted pregame job now, unless he gets let go I think he'll be doing that for a while.

What I thought was interesting was the fact that Bart was making a strong case for our defense being as nasty as any under Rex and that in and of itself was very insightful for me....

He really could understand why Bowles was practicing the team in the way that he was and he can see what the defense will end up being.... 

I know, that's what I thought when I heard him talking about the Jets and Bowles.  I found it interesting from the point that Bart is a Rex guy yet he still was enthusiastic about the defense under Bowles and how he'll turn it up when the season starts. Good stuff.  Now start the season:rolleyes:

I think this group has more talent than any we had under rex. 

I think this group has more talent than any we had under rex. 

It's much more talented on both sides of the ball.  

This D has 10, 1st round picks and 3, 2nd round picks.  I pretty sure the only starter on D that was drafted past the 2nd round is Demario Davis.  Those Rex D's were heavily relying on UDFA's and late round picks (Scott, Leonhard, DeVito, Pouha, Douglas) sprinkled with like 5 1st rounders a couple of which werent 1st round talents. 

We should be nasty on D.  There is literally zero excuse. 

It's much more talented on both sides of the ball.  

This D has 10, 1st round picks and 3, 2nd round picks.  I pretty sure the only starter on D that was drafted past the 2nd round is Demario Davis.  Those Rex D's were heavily relying on UDFA's and late round picks (Scott, Leonhard, DeVito, Pouha, Douglas) sprinkled with like 5 1st rounders a couple of which werent 1st round talents. 

We should be nasty on D.  There is literally zero excuse. 

Looking at the talent the Jets have on defense, they should be a lock for at least eight wins.

- Browns

- Skins

- Raiders

- Jags

- Texans

- Titans

- Buffalo x2

So, just one or two upsets and this team should be in the playoffs.

Looking at the talent the Jets have on defense, they should be a lock for at least eight wins.

- Browns

- Skins

- Raiders

- Jags

- Texans

- Titans

- Buffalo x2

I wouldn't say any of those are locks.

- Browns

- Skins

- Raiders

- Jags

- Texans

- Titans

- Buffalo x2

You would think but if the offense is net negative results...you never know.

I wouldn't say any of those are locks.

If the defense is as good as advertised, I don't see any of those teams putting up more than 14 points.  Bunch of JAG QB's against what should be a top-3 defense.

If the defense is as good as advertised, I don't see any of those teams putting up more than 14 points.  Bunch of JAG QB's against what should be a top-3 defense.

Buffalo's D will be at least as good as ours, both of those games can go either way.  Jax and Oak are much improved on paper and Houston wasn't bad last year.

Buffalo's D will be at least as good as ours, both of those games can go either way.  Jax and Oak are much improved on paper and Houston wasn't bad last year.

I get that...but I just look at what is expected to be possibly the most blitz-happy defense in the NFL with a boatload of talent on that side of the  ball (more than any of the teams listed) and a bunch of JAG QB's.

we hope.  against Buf that is TBD.

The talent is close in Buffalo, but not a single coach on that staff knows anything about football...that alone should make those two games the only blowouts on the schedule.

The talent is close in Buffalo, but not a single coach on that staff knows anything about football...that alone should make those two games the only blowouts on the schedule.

yep, it was dumb luck we made back to back title games.  come on man, why post something that silly?  you had some points leading up to this post but that post is beyond ridiculous.

yep, it was dumb luck we made back to back title games.  come on man, why post something that silly?  you had some points leading up to this post but that post is beyond ridiculous.

I'm busting balls....I think Buffalo is gonna' be a tough win, but plenty of posters telling me over the past couple of seasons that their head coach is a buffoon who knows nothing about football, which, if true, would give the Jets 2-3 TD advantage at the very least.  Their QB is a huge question-mark too, but with our luck he'll turn out to be better than what we've got.

Archived