Lawrence Taylor

jgb

Every single sack he looks like a lion enveloping a baby antelope.  Watching this video it's a wonder whether there will ever be another as devestating.  Also made me think how many of these hits would be illegal today.  Kind of makes modern guys with huge sack totals even more impressive.

Can JJ Watt ever be considered a greater defensive player than LT? Before watching this, I would've been inclined to say "yes" but not so sure now.

Hard to believe he has 1 sack less then Abe.:o.

few reasons why:

his rookie season sacks didn't count as official stat

2 work stoppages costing him a ton of games

suspensions

teams didn't pass as much in those days

LT is far and away the best defensive player I have ever seen.  it's not just the sack totals, he dominated games w/o getting sacks.  just his mere presence was enough to frighten grown men on the other side of the ball.  JJ Watt is GREAT, building a HOF career but I have never seen any player dominate like LT and I despise the Giants more than any team.  On the flip side I think Strahan was vastly overrated and it's a joke he is in the HOF.

Any videos of him with under aged girls snorting coke off their pierced naval???

Great player but he's no Vernon Gholsten.

You do shots out of their navels, you snort coke off their boobies. N00b. 

Can JJ Watt ever be considered a greater defensive player than LT? Before watching this, I would've been inclined to say "yes" but not so sure now.

Yes to that question for Ray Lewis.  JJ Watt too.

Is it true? I'm not one to say, but it irks Giant fans.  

irking Giant fans is fun but neither of those guys is on the level of LT as great as they are/were.

What all three players have in common, to me personally, is that I've seen them do things that I haven't seen anyone else do. Ray Lewis was unreal.  

Maybe Watt seriously enters the conversation when he's central to a superbowl champion defense.   

I remember once on another board I had a conversation with a kid who never saw LT play. It was right after LT said that sometimes he got confused about his assignment, in which case he would just rush the QB.  I tried to explain to him that physically he was on another level, it was like a college player against a high school junior varsity sometimes, so that sometimes the fact that he just rushed the QB wasn't a big drawback.  Know what the kid said?  He posted, "Football is more about Xs and Os than ever.  LT might not even make the team today".

At the time he played as a LB'er yes but Bruce Smith and Reggie White were right there as well..

both all time greats, I put LT ahead of them by a fairly significant margin.

1. LT

2. Reggie

3. Smith

reggie was much closer to LT than Smith was to reggie.

both all time greats, I put LT ahead of them by a fairly significant margin.

1. LT

2. Reggie

3. Smith

reggie was much closer to LT than Smith was to reggie.

Smith and White made more Pro Bowls and since it's a fan vote I guess you didn't vote enough for LT..LOL

I remember once on another board I had a conversation with a kid who never saw LT play. It was right after LT said that sometimes he got confused about his assignment, in which case he would just rush the QB.  I tried to explain to him that physically he was on another level, it was like a college player against a high school junior varsity sometimes, so that sometimes the fact that he just rushed the QB wasn't a big drawback.  Know what the kid said?  He posted, "Football is more about Xs and Os than ever.  LT might not even make the team today".

The guy flat out Dominated,  X and O's are for JAGS, The LT's JJ Watts don't need X and O's.

Archived