Judge Nullifies Brady's suspension

Larz

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The truth of the matter is that Brady's attorney has a good rapport with the judge.  End of discussion.  Only good t hing out of this outrage is that we get to play Brady in our second game.  If we win,  we  (Buffalo Bills) won't have to hear that we won because Brady didn't play

What are u talking about? Proof? The judge was hand picked by the NFL....

Talking about making excuses..

Having some nested quote issues here.

I take a stronger position.  I personally believe not deflation occurred.  To make the conclusion that it did, you have to ignore Walt Anderson's recollection as to which gauge he used.  If you believe Walt, then the measurements at halftime nearly exactly match what you would expect them to be given the temperature difference.  Everyone wants to conveniently ignore that the Colts balls were 3 of 4 "underinflated" at halftime, despite their preference being for even higher PSI than Brady has claimed to prefer.

Ultimately the NFL clearly never cared about footballs prior to this incident.  (See: Jay Feeley, Panthers/Vikings, Aaron Rodgers, Brad Johnson)  They had no idea how the science worked.  (See: Troy Vincent's statements)   They did not have any procedure for recording pressures, etc.  Someone (whether officially or unofficially) wanted to catch the Patriots doing something that they may or may not have been doing, and did a terrible job of doing so.

Note: I am not saying that they are 100% innocent.  I am saying that the evidence as it currently exists doesn't prove they are guilty.  Anyone conclusively saying otherwise is just projecting their own desires and opinions.  Anyone claiming otherwise is being willfully ignorant.

That being said, whether or not you believe ball tampering occurred, or whether you believe Brady was involved, or whether you believe that had any impact on the team's success for the past 15 years has NOTHING to do with today's ruling.

Holly crap! You said you were a lawyer? I guess any moron can practice in Boston, wow!

Let me guess, you also believe the "deflator" in the text messages was a guy trying to slim down his waist size? WOW!

Just more proof of how far the Pats and their entire organization are willing to destroy the game that has given them so much.  

Think Kraft is willing to destroy the CBA to see this through.  

Utter madness!!!

Goodell ignored the CBA and that is why he got a kick in the nutsack.

Berman said last week that he wasn't sure Goodell knew there was a CBA. Nevermind the sloppy 4 million dollar Wells report that has not one shred of proof that Brady ordered the footballs deflated for the AFCC.

Goodell ignored the CBA and that is why he got a kick in the nutsack.

Berman said last week that he wasn't sure Goodell knew there was a CBA. Nevermind the sloppy 4 million dollar Wells report that has not one shred of proof that Brady ordered the footballs deflated for the AFCC.

Why were the equipment guys fired?

There was no proof because Brady destroyed it, much like Hilary.

The ruling was based on the fact that they didn't tell Brady that he could be suspended if he didn't cooperate.

I'm going to try that at work, and see if it works, My boss never told me I could be fired if I went to the beach instead of the jobsite.

Anyway, If I was a Pats fan I would rather they just took the suspension. I'm sure the league will make you pay for this for a long, long time.

weird how "I use pads" had nothing to say about the PSI or the deflator demanding payment and leaving the officials room early to take the balls to a locked bathroom

I guess he is a fanboy with no credibility

He didn't take the balls early. He took them in the bathroom, then put them back.

This was all about the suspension, and the judge feeling that it wasn't a fair punishment based on precedence.

He didn't take into account the pattern of cheating...oh but it was fair to fire the equipment guys?

Believe me the league will make the Pats pay for this.

I suppose the complete lack of actual evidence won't suffice for your wizardry.  In that case, there is no point to furthering the discussion.

Where was the NFL supposed to get the evidence when it was purposely withheld/destroyed? The circumstantial evidence was enough, as it often it even in a court of law.

Why were the equipment guys fired?

There was no proof because Brady destroyed it, much like Hilary.

The ruling was based on the fact that they didn't tell Brady that he could be suspended if he didn't cooperate.

I'm going to try that at work, and see if it works, My boss never told me I could be fired if I went to the beach instead of the jobsite.

Anyway, If I was a Pats fan I would rather they just took the suspension. I'm sure the league will make you pay for this for a long, long time.

Because the NFL ordered them to be terminated.

The ruling was based on Brady not being notified of what was being charged with and not allowing his lawyer access to information the NFL had. The Judge also stated that there was 0 proof that Brady ordered the balls to be tampered with in the AFCC.

the take-away here is a majority of the owners are sick of the pats* sh*t, and they want something done about it

we all know they will try something else and get caught

so what is next ?  high altitude drones spying on coaches play-sheets ?

good old fashioned hacking other teams computers ?  

the take-away here is a majority of the owners are sick of the pats* sh*t, and they want something done about it

we all know they will try something else and get caught

so what is next ?  high altitude drones spying on coaches play-sheets ?

good old fashioned hacking other teams computers ?  

Easy -- GloveGate.  The Patriots are the only team that wears sticky gloves and whose O-lineman wear gloves that are the same color as the opposing team's jerseys.  Can't wait for the NFL investigation. 

So, to be clear...the ruling essentially said...You can cheat - as long as you find a new way to cheat that doesn't have pre-determined penalties?

So now the league has to think of every conceivable way someone can cheat and create a penalty for doing so?

Not every conceivable way.  Just defined punishment for rules.  There is a rule for air pressure.  NFL screwed it up.

Yep.  Turn this stupid ******* league on its head.  Fine?  Sue.  Suspension?  Sue.  Dont like the way you're being treated by your team?  Sue.  Dont like the way the NFLN talked about you on air?  Sue.  And just keep going and going and going.  I wish Joey Porter was still in the league for moments like this.

NFL vs. NFLPA.  The NFL sued.  That's why it was in NYC.

Especially since the Patriots are absolutely f*ckin terrible in the draft anyways and it doesn't matter.  Getting Brady back for 4 games has more value to them than the next 5 first rounders.  Belichick will be gone as soon as Brady retires anyways so who cares?

Exactly!  Belicheat probably would have traded the pick for 3 4th rounders anyway. 

Whether I think he cheated or not really doesnt make a difference. The real problem with the NFL isnt Tom Brady, its the NFL itself. The fact that every game guys like Brady are protected shows that the NFL has become more "entertainment" than an actual sport because the NFL now gears and influences results with favoritism in its refereeing.

You protect/favor this guy for years and then want to turn around and suspend him because he now feels "invincible". It was the NFL that has allowed this. This is what happens when you "burn tapes" and ignore other fraudulent activity while favoring them even further with protection through the referees.

I think that this is a win/win for the Jets, because maybe the NFL will not coddle and protect Brady and sway every decision the way of the Patriots simply because its "the Patriots" as they've been doing. Maybe those close games the Jets have had will end up being W's. Maybe all the teams that play the Pats will have a fair opportunity in regards to the Refs.

So I definitely prefer Brady on the field the entire season, but more importantly I prefer the referees to call an honest game and quit it with the 15 yard penalties because you looked at Tom Brady wrong.

QBs and receivers are protected because of Fantasy Football.  It's a billion dollar industry in itself and helps the NFL obviously. 

I'm a Jets fan and Patriots fan.  Grew up in Bethpage then moved to Massachusetts.  Favorite players growing up were Al Toon and Freeman McNeil.  Then it was Steve Grogan and Stanley Morgan. I do think Brady cheated.  I equate it to a scuffed ball or corked bat.  The initial punishment was out of line.  Roger screwed his up.  Patriots screwed it up from the beginning.   It blows my mind that all these billionaires and high paid lawyers can't get it right.  The commissioner should be focused on expanding the product... Like Lamar Hunt and Al Davis did.  Leave the punishing part to someone competent (not Troy Vincent).  Again... I think they cheated.. Multiple times.  But if you ain't cheating.... You ain't trying.

That's the part I don't buy. The league DOES have a rule against tampering with balls. It's quite specific, and it's the reason this even became a conversation. Does each and every rule in the rule book need an associated penalty? That's ridiculous. He broke a rule, it should be up to the commissioner what the penalty is. That's part of his job.

Are you saying that if you and I were co-workers, and I walked in on you in the lunch room and peed on your sandwich, I could later sue when the boss because I was never told that if I did that, I would be fired?  How can a precedent be EVER set if the commissioner is prevented from doing so? If the league made mistakes in the past, they're not allowed to try to correct them?  So absurd.

Peeing in someone's sandwich is more breaking the law.  I'm pretty sure you can get arrested for that.

Ugh the mobile version of this site blows. 

The judge accepted the arbitrator's decision as fact. The idea that Brady was unaware he could be punished is the most absurd thing I've heard all day. It's the reason he lied about knowing "the deflator " and why he destroyed his phone 

Stop saying absurd things to yourself, then.  The judge said that there was no notice of a 4-game suspension for "general awareness" of ball deflation, participation in a "scheme" to deflate footballs or non-cooperation with a NFL investigation. 

Exactly!  Belicheat probably would have traded the pick for 3 4th rounders anyway. 

Under Belichick, the Patriots have drafted 3 borderline HOF-ers in the first round.  Two of the years they traded out of the first round (2013 and 2009), the bounty they received in return included LaGarrette Blount and the 2nd rounder used to pick Jamie Collins (2013) and the future 2nd rounder (after a small trade up) that they used to select Rob Gronkowski and the 7th rounder they used to select Julian Edelman (2009).

Stripping the Patriots of their 1st rounder was a huge penalty, far worse for the team, IMO than the Brady suspension.  So, while Brady may have skated, the team most certainly did not. 

Under Belichick, the Patriots have drafted 3 borderline HOF-ers in the first round.  Two of the years they traded out of the first round (2013 and 2009), the bounty they received in return included LaGarrette Blount and the 2nd rounder used to pick Jamie Collins (2013) and the future 2nd rounder (after a small trade up) that they used to select Rob Gronkowski and the 7th rounder they used to select Julian Edelman (2009).

Stripping the Patriots of their 1st rounder was a huge penalty, far worse for the team, IMO than the Brady suspension.  So, while Brady may have skated, the team most certainly did not. 

I wonder why Kraft plead guilty?  :)

You're right.  Their first round draft picks have been impressive.  Now that I go back.

Archived