Judge Nullifies Brady's suspension

Larz

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dang.  can goddell just shoot him ?

That is the worst thing that could have happened for Tom Brady and the Patriots.  They might have won this battle, but they will lose the war with the NFL.  simple the NFL is very vindictive , and won't forget this anytime soon.    GONE are favorable calls they receive from the league and the Refs.    ( see Raiders after they won their lawsuit against the NFL- stuck it to them every chance they could).

Well thanks to the Patriots and Tom Brady , they will be the new whipping boys of the NFL. 

Article XI of the CBA no longer has ANY meaning:

"Under Article XI of the NFL’s CBA, “action taken against a player by the Commissioner for conduct detrimental to the integrity of, or public confidence in, the game of professional football” may only be appealed to the commissioner."

Just remember...this isn't saying anything about Brady deflating footballs. It is saying that the NFL investigates sh*t in a screwed up manner.

no, doesn't it actually say - it was the equipment guys and that Brady had no knowledge of it...

Which is why - he can't be suspended for not knowing the penalty for others doing something. 

The NFL is becoming the WWE. It's sickening.

This is very true and I think it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Roger has to be very worried about long term job security right about now. The NFL needs to distance themselves from the circus like environment.

That is the worst thing that could have happened for Tom Brady and the Patriots.  They might have won this battle, but they will lose the war with the NFL.  simple the NFL is very vindictive , and won't forget this anytime soon.    GONE are favorable calls they receive from the league and the Refs.    ( see Raiders after they won their lawsuit against the NFL- stuck it to them every chance they could).

Well thanks to the Patriots and Tom Brady , they will be the new whipping boys of the NFL. 

The Pats will be fine this entire thing was a charade. 

And with that, the typically dipsh*t make-new-law-as-it-goes Court system turns the NFL into the WWE.

What a massive joke.  Sorry collective bargaining rules, you're outahere!

The NFL is slowly losing my interest with bullsh*t like this.  The Patriots Era, rife with rules violation, and this little sh*twad gets off scott free.

Jimmes rustled.

This is very true and I think it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Roger has to be very worried about long term job security right about now. The NFL needs to distance themselves from the circus like environment.

The owners need to fire Goodell and every single NFL lawyer, paralegal, and administrative assistant associated with the Brady case.  Immediately.

no, doesn't it actually say - it was the equipment guys and that Brady had no knowledge of it...

Which is why - he can't be suspended for not knowing the penalty for others doing something. 

I haven't seen or read anything yet about it. So I may have worded that wrong. But from what I am watching on TV they are saying that this is about the NFL's investigation. Dragging it out. Not giving Brady's camp full access etc.

This is what I'm talking about.  I never though he deserved the suspension in the first place.  I just didn't feel they had enough to nail him.  No doubt Tom Shady knew what was going on but he's just too smart with not leaving evidence behind.  I thought for sure 2 games for the phone and cooperation sh*t but beyond that I'm sure the NFL ****ed up their explanation for the punishment.  But yeah I don't want to hear any excuses from Pats fans this year and I didn't want Rex to get any advantage.

So for us its a win/win.

Whether I think he cheated or not really doesnt make a difference. The real problem with the NFL isnt Tom Brady, its the NFL itself. The fact that every game guys like Brady are protected shows that the NFL has become more "entertainment" than an actual sport because the NFL now gears and influences results with favoritism in its refereeing. 

You protect/favor this guy for years and then want to turn around and suspend him because he now feels "invincible". It was the NFL that has allowed this. This is what happens when you "burn tapes" and ignore other fraudulent activity while favoring them even further with protection through the referees. 

I think that this is a win/win for the Jets, because maybe the NFL will not coddle and protect Brady and sway every decision the way of the Patriots simply because its "the Patriots" as they've been doing. Maybe those close games the Jets have had will end up being W's. Maybe all the teams that play the Pats will have a fair opportunity in regards to the Refs. 

So I definitely prefer Brady on the field the entire season, but more importantly I prefer the referees to call an honest game and quit it with the 15 yard penalties because you looked at Tom Brady wrong. 

I haven't seen or read anything yet about it. So I may have worded that wrong. But from what I am watching on TV they are saying that this is about the NFL's investigation. Dragging it out. Not giving Brady's camp full access etc.

Basically the NFL has messed up at every turn.  Like every single decision they've made under Goodell has been incorrect.  It's mind-boggling how laughably bad this league's leadership is.  Killing a multi-billion dollar business with their own ineptitude.

Just remember...this isn't saying anything about Brady deflating footballs. It is saying that the NFL investigates sh*t in a screwed up manner.

I don't think it calls the investigation into question.  It's more like it's questioning the appeals and penalizing process the league used in this case into question.

The owners need to fire Goodell and every single NFL lawyer, paralegal, and administrative assistant associated with the Brady case.  Immediately.

I read that the chief counsel for the NFL makes 15 million per year. Well technically that means he used to make 15 million per year.

Yeah right.  Goodell is their puppet and he's terribly incompetent at handling disciplinary matters which is what the owners and players want.

I read that the chief counsel for the NFL makes 15 million per year. Well technically that means he used to make 15 million per year.

$15M and you can't win the easiest case in the world.  "Here's all the evidence and Article XI of the CBA.  Boom, case closed."  "Tell me more about how your league functions."  "Umm......well sh*t."

Yeah right.  Goodell is their puppet and he's terribly incompetent at handling disciplinary matters which is what the owners and players want.

The owners just lost the upper hand over the NFLPA.  Yeah, exactly what they wanted to have happen.  Goodell just allowed the NFLPA to go from the weakest Player's Association in all of major sports to perhaps the strongest. 

Next up:  No more salary cap, players being allowed to hold out with pay for as long as they'd like, and rapists allowed to play every Sunday without fail.

What a disgrace by Roger Goodell and his friends. And what a waste of time. Now his reputation and the NFL's is in ruins. I don't even care if Brady cheated or not. It didn't help them win the game.

It was a transparent charade from day one. If the NFL ever cared about the truth they would have done a real investigation to see how long this was going on. The Ravens tipped off the Colts. The Colts trapped the Pats by letting them play the first 30 minutes and then complained at the half. Everyone keeps saying that it doesn't matter because the colts had no chance in the AFCCG. Well what about the Ravens?? That's the real story.

It's obviously gone on for a long time. And it's the tip of the ice berg. The whole thing boils down to the NFL not allowing their Michael Jordan to be disgraced. Plain and simple. And we all know it, so don't acted shocked.

If you are disgusted by all of this here's something that might make you feel better....

I'm sure Brady and Belichick have been cheating in a variety of ways for over a decade. Think, for a moment, about the playoff games they have lost at home to teams like Denver, Baltimore and the Mighty New York Jets in 2010. Imagine what it must feel like to KNOW you are cheating and receiving unprecedented favoritism, and yet you still can't win... In your own house.

Now that image of Welker crying after that loss in the playoffs in 2010 really makes sense LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether I think he cheated or not really doesnt make a difference. The real problem with the NFL isnt Tom Brady, its the NFL itself. The fact that every game guys like Brady are protected shows that the NFL has become more "entertainment" than an actual sport because the NFL now gears and influences results with favoritism in its refereeing. 

You protect/favor this guy for years and then want to turn around and suspend him because he now feels "invincible". It was the NFL that has allowed this. This is what happens when you burn tapes and ignore other fraudulent activity while favoring them even further with protection through the referees. 

I think that this is a win/win for the Jets, because maybe the NFL will not coddle and protect Brady and sway every decision the way of the Patriots simply because its "the Patriots" as they've been doing. Maybe those close games the Jets have had will end up being W's. Maybe all the teams that play the Pats will have a fair opportunity in regards to the Refs. 

So I definitely prefer Brady on the field the entire season, but more importantly I prefer the referees to call an honest game and quit it with the 15 yard penalties because you looked at Tom Brady wrong. 

Well said!

(I hate when you make sense)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived