The ****** Official ****** Jets - Eagles game thread.

joewilly12

I am glad Flynn is on this team.

I am also realistic about who he is talent wise.

People were going nuts for him after that 6 TD game 3-4 years ago but reality has certainly set in.

Look at his career stats and take away that 1 game and what have you got?

Having pointed this out I still like him alot better than the petulant punk Geno.

Fitz is the guy for 2015. Lets see if Petty can develop.

I really didn't want the Jets to sign Flynn cause I had the same view as you. Last night he looked much better than I thought, certainly capable of playing a backup role behind Fitz while Petty develops and learns. Will also probably help Petty to have a QB on the roster who has learned from Rodgers.

As for the career stats question. You have 2061 yards 11 touchdowns and 11 interceptions on 6 NFL starts.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad Flynn is on this team.

I am also realistic about who he is talent wise.

People were going nuts for him after that 6 TD game 3-4 years ago but reality has certainly set in.

Look at his career stats and take away that 1 game and what have you got?

Having pointed this out I still like him alot better than the petulant punk Geno.

Fitz is the guy for 2015. Lets see if Petty can develop.

I don't get the idea you throw out someone's best game as if it never happened or was pure luck.  He set the GB record for yards and had 6 TDs.  It happened. 

Not sure what the etiology of your Matt Flynn crush is but aberration, deviation from the norm, anomaly detection, look em up.

not sure why you think you can pick and choose games to compile someone's stats.  Big of you but it's wrong and makes no sense. No matter how you try to spin it.  Aberration, deviation from the norm, etc would make some sense if you were trying to come up with an average performance but not to give career totals.  Sorry.  He has 17 TDs in his career, it's lame to argue. 

And to think this means someone has a crush on Flynn makes even less sense. 

not sure why you think you can pick and choose games to compile someone's stats.  Big of you but it's wrong and makes no sense. No matter how you try to spin it.  Aberration, deviation from the norm, etc would make some sense if you were trying to come up with an average performance but not to give career totals.  Sorry.  He has 17 TDs in his career, it's lame to argue. 

And to think this means someone has a crush on Flynn makes even less sense. 

There are reasons Flynn was unemployed and on the street and available to the Jets. First, he coudnt stay healthy even as a backup not to mention Scott Tolzien an undrafted free agent and Ryan Lindley a 6th rounder who stunk it up in Az both beat him out. Have a nice dream I am done with this.

There are reasons Flynn was unemployed and on the street and available to the Jets. First, he coudnt stay healthy even as a backup not to mention Scott Tolzien an undrafted free agent and Ryan Lindley a 6th rounder who stunk it up in Az both beat him out. Have a nice dream I am done with this.

I get all of this.  He's not that good.  I agree.  Doesn't change the fact that he had a 6 TD game in which he set the GB record for passing yardage.  Call me crazy for thinking its part of his resume just like the shltty games he played are. 

Archived