Sheldon Richardson

SoFlaJets

The only thing about this continued Brady Football League mess that concerns this Jets fan is how this total disregard of the commish's authority affects the 4 games that our stupid Goodell-abiding team's 4 game suspension is either treated or appealed. I sure would love to see the Jets (who Pats fans are all laughing at with Feely's involvement) say what's good for them is OK for us then right? Any word up there in the NY press about where we go on this?

The difference is Sheldons punishment was clearly spelled out. Sheldon knew or should have known that a violation would result in 4 game suspension. There was no bylaw written specifically that said deflated balls = X punishment.

With that said I'm pretty sure there's nothing written specifically about driving 142 mph with a kid and loaded gun while evading police, so I would expect no extended punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just hoping they don't add more than two games to his suspension. That would be a win. 

Why would they add more games to his suspension? I cant find anything in the CBA saying that you can get suspended for speeding with a minor in the car. If they add more games then Sheldon should take Godell to court. 

I am away and haven't read much. Can you explain this? Thanks.

judge berman noted in the decision that jay feely was caught using under inflated K balls when he was a jets kicker, but he was not suspended, and that precedent really hurt goodell's chances suspending brady

basically the precedent is equipment issues are team issues

judge berman noted in the decision that jay feely was caught using under inflated K balls when he was a jets kicker, but he was not suspended, and that precedent really hurt goodell's chances suspending brady

Oh......thank you.

Why would they add more games to his suspension? I cant find anything in the CBA saying that you can get suspended for speeding with a minor in the car. If they add more games then Sheldon should take Godell to court. 

This is a tricky one but since he tried to get away from the police I think he will get nailed for that.  

So anyone have a clue when we'd hear whether or not there will be further punishment?  I think the court date is set for Oct 5th, the day after the initial 4 game suspension ends and the start of our bye week.  Also supposedly Sheldon does not have to be in attendance for that court date.  Almost seems like we won't know anything 'til weeks 5 or 6 at the earliest.

Does the NFL have to wait until the legal proceedings are done before issuing any punishment?  And if so, would you think Sheldon should delay things or just get it over as quick as possible?

Sucks, I don't even have a clue as to what the potential punishment could be.  Another 2-4 game suspension?  Really hoping the max legal penalty of a year in jail doesn't come into play.

Still looking forward to seeing Wilk, Sheldon and Williams on the field at the same time on occasion.  Hopefully in time to tee off on Brady week 7.

Berman is clearly a Giants fan

Now, under this precedent.  You are now allowed to illegally adjust equipment and risk no individual punishment?

OK, so today starts Sheldon's 4 game suspension. So let me get this straight; you can effing CHEAT at the game of football by having your own two ballboys adjust the balls to how YOU like them to be, deny it, get found guilty, get suspended and then have that sentence nullified. On the other hand you can get caught doing something while driving in the off season and the commish can step in and say "I no like this" you're gone for  hmmm...let's see 4 games yea FOUR. The jackass Jets don't even decide to back him up and demand a reduction and say they'll settle it in house. but when you're Tom Brady and Bill Belichick you can do anything you damn well please even if it means CHEATING and really nothing happens. I really hate what has happened to the game of NFL football.

OK, so today starts Sheldon's 4 game suspension. So let me get this straight; you can effing CHEAT at the game of football by having your own two ballboys adjust the balls to how YOU like them to be, deny it, get found guilty, get suspended and then have that sentence nullified. On the other hand you can get caught doing something while driving in the off season and the commish can step in and say "I no like this" you're gone for  hmmm...let's see 4 games yea FOUR. The jackass Jets don't even decide to back him up and demand a reduction and say they'll settle it in house. but when you're Tom Brady and Bill Belichick you can do anything you damn well please even if it means CHEATING and really nothing happens. I really hate what has happened to the game of NFL football.

Sheldon is a repeat offender when it comes to da weed ... so yeah 4 games.

only a matter of time before its for the entire season .. let's hope he's on another tame by then.

Now, under this precedent.  You are now allowed to illegally adjust equipment and risk no individual punishment?

I would have to say yes, as bizarre as that sounds.  the team would still take the fall.  it's up to the officials to manage the game equipment.  the other issue was the league never formally notified the players about specific punishments for specific infractions.  I'm sure they still haven't.  roger thought he could cast the "integrity of the game" net over that, but was shot down.

we are going to have to trust the officials are on top of it.  

oy

sheldons weed offense is one of the few the NFL collectively bargained for (PED's the other I believe)  the players were formally notified and there is a clear policy and many precedents.  sheldon is screwed on the 4 game weed policy.

the only good news is I doubt the NFL wants another appeal hearing on unprecedented punishments falling under "conduct detrimental to the league" for the speeding with a kid deal, so I think the NFL will ask the jets to punish sheldon rather than tack on another 2 games

that will be interesting

But Larz, has Richardson gone to court for the pot offense? Because I think that the NFL should stop legislating and doling out punishment until AFTER said offense goes through the court system. I mean really, what the guy did has NOTHING to do with football other than "image". What Brady did actually AFFECTED the game itself and he gets away scot free-something seems off to me.

Sheldons driving offense has nothing to do with his suspension. Or any off field legal incident. He fail a league mandated drug test........4 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW!!!!! FOUR TIMES????!!!!???? What a frickin' idiot. He isn't long for this team or this game if he keeps on being a dumb ass

the only good news is I doubt the NFL wants another appeal hearing on unprecedented punishments falling under "conduct detrimental to the league" for the speeding with a kid deal, so I think the NFL will ask the jets to punish sheldon rather than tack on another 2 games

that will be interesting

Very good point. I feel the same way.  With Goodell basically neutered in this Deflategate mess, he may not want to deal with another rumble over Sheldon's joy ride and have the Jets just fine him vs. miss additional games...

Very good point. I feel the same way.  With Goodell basically neutered in this Deflategate mess, he may not want to deal with another rumble over Sheldon's joy ride and have the Jets just fine him vs. miss additional games...

Hope Williams turns out to be all he's expected to be.  That would make any further suspension easier to deal with.  Regardless, if the NFL doesn't issue further punishment, I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets suspend him another game or two.

Kid has gotta learn and grow up at some point.  It'd send a great message to not only Sheldon, but the whole team.

Kid has gotta learn and grow up at some point.  It'd send a great message to not only Sheldon, but the whole team.

Out of curiosity would you feel differently if it were determined that he's been dealing with some sort of undiagnosed mental illness vs. just being immature?  I'm not a psychiatrist but the weed smoking and the reckless behavior fits the profile of someone who is manic. 

Out of curiosity would you feel differently if it were determined that he's been dealing with some sort of undiagnosed mental illness vs. just being immature?  I'm not a psychiatrist but the weed smoking and the reckless behavior fits the profile of someone who is manic. 

Sure I guess.  But that diagnosis would probably cover 50%+ of kids 15-25.  Whoever comes up with that specific diagnosis and the treatment is gonna be one rich mofo.  

Weed aside because that's done...does the league have to wait until this other issue is resolved in the courts? I am sure this hearing on the 5th of October will be pushed back a few weeks and I doubt he sees a court room until the season is over which would basically mean he could play this year unless the league can take action now under the personal conduct policy

Weed aside because that's done...does the league have to wait until this other issue is resolved in the courts? I am sure this hearing on the 5th of October will be pushed back a few weeks and I doubt he sees a court room until the season is over which would basically mean he could play this year unless the league can take action now under the personal conduct policy

I don't see how the league can take preemptive action.  What if he is cleared of all charges? How does he back the games the league will have wrongfully taken from him?

The league needs to slow down and get things right and not look to punish players at every turn.  It is utter madness and the reason why in many ways Brady won in court.

I don't see how the league can take preemptive action.  What if he is cleared of all charges? How does he back the games the league will have wrongfully taken from him?

The league needs to slow down and get things right and not look to punish players at every turn.  It is utter madness and the reason why in many ways Brady won in court.

I'm thinking they could still punish a player regardless of how legal matters turn out.  The law and the league's personal conduct policy are two different things.

Say for example someone were to attend a racist/anti-gay/anti-religion (take your pick) rally.  That wouldn't be illegal.   But I'm sure that's not the look the NFL is trying to have.  So the league could still punish that player in question.

Now Sheldon didn't attend some racist/bigoted rally.  But I'm still guessing that driving 140+ and eluding cops with a kid in the car (left out the gun and smell of weed cause the gun was legal and the "scent" of weed doesn't mean sh!t) falls outside of the personal conduct policy as well.

If it doesn't for the NFL, it better for the Jets.

Archived