Todd Bowles is hardcore

Maxman

Look at these answers. Tough one on Kerley but I like how he just doesn't answer stuff:

On if Jeremy Kerley is on the roster bubble…

We’ll make those decisions tonight. We’ll have those decisions tomorrow. We’ll make those decisions tonight. We’ll see. We have a bunch of good receivers, so we’re going to take a look at them.

On if Jeremy Kerley is on the roster bubble…

We’ll make those decisions tonight. We’ll have those decisions tomorrow. We’ll make those decisions tonight. We’ll see. We have a bunch of good receivers, so we’re going to take a look at them.

On Chris Owusu…

We’re going to look at the film. We’ve got a lot of plays. They all played tonight, so we’re going to look at the film and decide in the morning. He did some good things as well as all of them. They all did some good things tonight, so that will be tough.

On who would be the backup quarterback if the season started tomorrow…

We’ve got some tough decisions to make tonight and when we know, you’ll know.

On how hard of a decision the backup quarterback position will be…

It’ll be tough. They bring just different dynamics to the game. One can run and make some throws and get out of the pocket. The other one can manage the game as well throw some timely balls and see the defenses. So, it’ll be tough. We’ll discuss it tonight. We’ve got some good players. It’ll be some hard cuts.

On the QBs - are we really going to have Johnson or Flynn on the opening day roster?  We'll have to guarantee their contract, and then presumably keep 4 QBs all year?  That doesn't seem right.  Can't Petty be the backup just for game 1?  Then we can sign the vet for a couple of games, until Geno gets healthy.

Supposedly the coaches were pissed that Kerley missed voluntaries.  They really don't seem to value him much.

Wow, talk about holding a grudge right lol. Then again, if you're going to miss voluntaries you better be one of the "cut above" talents on the team. If they cut him he wont be missed. There are WR's that could easily contribute those same numbers. 

Wow, talk about holding a grudge right lol. Then again, if you're going to miss voluntaries you better be one of the "cut above" talents on the team. If they cut him he wont be missed. There are WR's that could easily contribute those same numbers. 

exactly ... The reason we are not going to have one of those slot receivers that catches 90 - 100 balls every year is simple, we do not run that style of offense throwing the ball 50 times a game like Manning and Brady. We are a running ball control short passing offense and I do not think we will vary from that. If you notice early in the Giant game Fitz went deep twice, that was setting up the stuff underneath and it worked well it will probably work in the regular season as well and when we start running the ball down teams throats then we can also go deep using play action so it goes hand in hand. I think this offense is going to eat up a lot of clock this year and win the TOP and TO battles more often than not and that equals winning

Kerley is tradable, his contract isn't crazy. Actually a team like Green Bay could benefit having another veteran. While we're sitting here calling him a jag, having Aaron Rogers throwing to you elevates your game a bit.

With Marshall & Decker both being able to slip into the slot & the additions of speed with Smith and Owusu coming on Kerley is just a backup in Chan Gaileys offense. I think Kerley gets traded.

Kerley is tradable, his contract isn't crazy. Actually a team like Green Bay could benefit having another veteran. While we're sitting here calling him a jag, having Aaron Rogers throwing to you elevates your game a bit.

With Marshall & Decker both being able to slip into the slot & the additions of speed with Smith and Owusu coming on Kerley is just a backup in Chan Gaileys offense. I think Kerley gets traded.

Dead perfect trade scenario.  Kerley probably catches 100 balls with Rodgers at QB.

Supposedly the coaches were pissed that Kerley missed voluntaries.  They really don't seem to value him much.

Funny how that works.  Pissed at Kerley for missing voluntaries and he is benched and may be cut.  Richardson misses voluntaries, gets suspended for weed, drives 143 mph running away from the cops with a loaded gun and 12 year old in a car reeking of marijuana?  No problem, #1 on the depth chart.   

Funny how that works.  Pissed at Kerley for missing voluntaries and he is benched and may be cut.  Richardson misses voluntaries, gets suspended for weed, drives 143 mph running away from the cops with a loaded gun and 12 year old in a car reeking of marijuana?  No problem, #1 on the depth chart.   

Is there actually any proof that this regime is pissed our sour on Kerley?  Or is this just purely board talk.  I dont really see where its all coming from.

But yes, the contradiction above is tasty. 

I wonder if he will smile ever in his life time.

Interesting that they're still doing the whole..."and the home of the Jets!" thingy.

home of the Jets wasn't a Rex thingy, it's a Jets thingy. I remember seeing the when Al Groh was coaching them.

if the Jets traded Jeremy Kerley to the Packers you'll see a lot of fantasy footballers adjusting their benches adding Kerley,lol.

Is there actually any proof that this regime is pissed our sour on Kerley?  Or is this just purely board talk.  I dont really see where its all coming from.

They obviously moved him down the depth chart.  Teams do that with known quantities all the time to get a better look at the unknown - in this case Evans, Owusu and Enunwa.  The real support for the theory comes from Kerley whining that he didn't know why they did it.  I think teams usually tell a player they are just giving other guys looks and not to read into it unless they want to light a fire under their ass and that is even when they actually have soured.  Rex supposedly had an issue with Kerley's off-season habits and complained he wasn't in shape when he came in. Normally we would have found more out by the playing patterns in the last two games (plays v. Giants probably in good shape, plays v. Eagles probably on the bubble/showcasing) but the concussion doesn't even allow us to jump to those conclusions. 

yea, I don't see it that they soured on him, I just think Enunwa has more power & Smith, Owusu & powell (better STs player) have more explosiveness & speed. Gaileys looking for guys that with one missed tackle are heading to the endzone. 

I think Kerley should make the team. He makes more than the guys he is competing with. But camp room isn't a huge issue right now. Nice to have a veteran, the younger guys looked good in camp. But there are question marks there. I really don't think Kerley should be cut.

Also he needs to be the # 2 punt returner. You don't keep a guy just for that. But he is safe, he will catch the punt...fair catch actually. Not a bad guy to have around.

He's not much of a blocker and Owasu is. Enunwa is a bigger WR and more of a downfield threat than Kerley. Hell, he can always go play for rex.

They obviously moved him down the depth chart.  Teams do that with known quantities all the time to get a better look at the unknown - in this case Owusu and Enunwa.  The real support for the theory comes from Kerley whining that he didn't know why they did it.  I think teams usually tell a player they are just giving other guys looks and not to read into it unless they want to light a fire under their ass and that is even when they actually have soured.  Rex supposedly had an issue with Kerley's off-season habits and complained he wasn't in shape when he came in. Normally we would have found more out by the playing patterns in the last two games (plays v. Giants probably in good shape, plays v. Eagles probably on the bubble/showcasing) but the concussion doesn't even jump to those conclusions. 

None of this has do with his concussion?  Did they move him down before it or after?

yea, I don't see it that they soured on him, I just think Enunwa has more power & Smith, Owusu & powell (better STs player) have more explosiveness & speed. Gaileys looking for guys that with one missed tackle are heading to the endzone. 

Kerley has some elusiveness.  He can make people miss and he makes tough grabs.

I dont really get the he's a roster bubble talk but idk...maybe he his.

They moved him down before.  The concussion came before the Giants game and it didn't let us to get a good feel for what they really think of him as the roster tightened.

I think its fun believing we have players in Enunwa and Owusu and Smith but being proven is something else.  Kerley is the right system would be a very good player.  If this O looks this way during the season (tons of underneath stuff), I'm kind of missing how he doesnt fit rather nicely in what it looks like Gailey will be doing with the passing game.

I could totally see him killing it in a GB, NE, Oak, Indy type of throw, throw and throw so more type of system.  

I think its fun believing we have players in Enunwa and Owusu and Smith but being proven is something else.  Kerley is the right system would be a very good player.  If this O looks this way during the season (tons of underneath stuff), I'm kind of missing how he doesnt fit rather nicely in what it looks like Gailey will be doing with the passing game.

I could totally see him killing it in a GB, NE, Oak, Indy type of throw, throw and throw so more type of system.  

because he doesn't have breakaway speed like Owusu or Smith. I can see already that Gailey runs routes where one missed tackle can lead to huge gains. WRs running away from defenders with drop the ball in angles.

This is something Peter King would write.

because he doesn't have breakaway speed like Owusu or Smith. I can see already that Gailey runs routes where one missed tackle can lead to huge gains. WRs running away from defenders with drop the ball in angles.

TJ Graham and Posey had breakaway speed too.  Again, its nice to talk about these things its another to be able to actually do them...neither of these guys have ever shown that at this point.  Kerley is a steady WR.  You need those.  If Decker or Marshall goes down, you're comfortable rolling out a bunch of unknowns over Kerley?  We've been there before.  Its not pretty.

Archived