Todd Bowles is hardcore

Maxman

It may not work out but Bowles has the right demeanor for head coach-

This is such an important point.

Whether we win a SB or not under Bowles we are acting like team that has done that and been there before.  Parcells IMO also had that feel about the team when he was our HC. I just felt like Parcells knew what he was doing and where he wanted to take us even when it turned out he was wrong (No qualified back-up QB, Ray Lucus nonsense). Just a  different feel around the Jets right now...

This is such an important point.

Whether we win a SB or not under Bowles we are acting like team that has done that and been there before.  Parcells IMO also had that feel about the team when he was our HC. I just felt like Parcells knew what he was doing and where he wanted to take us even when it turned out he was wrong (No qualified back-up QB, Ray Lucus nonsense). Just a  different feel around the Jets right now...

So it's the demeanor of the HC that means the team is successful not if you make the playoffs or not.. You haven't felt this good since the Flim Flam BBQ man was the HC..LOL  I like Bowles so I guess one could say;Boring is beautiful..

So it's the demeanor of the HC that means the team is successful not if you make the playoffs or not.. You haven't felt this good since the Flim Flam BBQ man was the HC..LOL  I like Bowles so I guess one could say;Boring is beautiful..

In truth, I like Bowles far better than I did Herm.

The plain fact is that Herm had significant breakdowns in his coaching approach.  He really didn't have feel, power or skill to implement his concepts on defense and that hurt the Jets. 

Herm also was to reliant on his OCs, he just didn't know precisely how to put all the pieces together there.  But he did run a disciplined team that was a far better balanced team then our last coach but in many ways that was a reflection of talent.  Not a knock on Rex just a fact, Rex because of his brilliance on the defensive side of the ball left the offense to die do to benign neglect. 

Bowles is not Herm. 

First he comes in with a tremendous defensive philosophy and specifically knows how to implement that philosophy.  This isn't guess work, Bowles won Assistant Coach of the Year last year precisely because he won despite significant injuries to key defensive players.   Second he had his eye on an OC before he was hired and became a HC.  He had a concrete plan for offense something Herm really didn't as far as I could tell.

So yes Bowles is as exciting as dry sand at times :) But I will take it if it will get us to a SB!!! 

In truth, I like Bowles far better than I did Herm.

The plain fact is that Herm had significant breakdowns in his coaching approach.  He really didn't have feel, power or skill to implement his concepts on defense and that hurt the Jets. 

Herm also was to reliant on his OCs, he just didn't know precisely how to put all the pieces together there.  But he did run a disciplined team that was a far better balanced team then our last coach but in many ways that was a reflection of talent.  Not a knock on Rex just a fact, Rex because of his brilliance on the defensive side of the ball left the offense to die do to benign neglect. 

Bowles is not Herm. 

First he comes in with a tremendous defensive philosophy and specifically knows how to implement that philosophy.  This isn't guess work, Bowles won Assistant Coach of the Year last year precisely because he won despite significant injuries to key defensive players.   Second he had his eye on an OC before he was hired and became a HC.  He had a concrete plan for offense something Herm really didn't as far as I could tell.

So yes Bowles is as exciting as dry sand at times :) But I will take it if it will get us to a SB!!! 

Bowles is probably the most complete HC we have had since the Tuna.. Whoever made the choice it was the right one IMO..

Bowles is probably the most complete HC we have had since the Tuna.. Whoever made the choice it was the right one IMO..

he does seem to just want to be that complete HC.  Seems very involved in all aspects, knows what he wants on both sides of the ball

Wow, talk about holding a grudge right lol. Then again, if you're going to miss voluntaries you better be one of the "cut above" talents on the team. If they cut him he wont be missed. There are WR's that could easily contribute those same numbers. 

He'll be a Pat five minutes after being cut....

So far, for what's worth.  I think Bowles is doing a poor job. 

Teammates punching each other - others lying to him and the team - others coming out publicly against their QB ...

He might say many of the right things but so far the team hasn't shown him a whole lot of respect.

I hope it's residual effects from the Rex circus - I do realize it's a very, very short window but so far I'm a bit concerned concerned.

He'll choose the Pats (maybe the Bills) over the Panthers...Kerley will be a star with Brady - exact type of receiver that would flourish with Brady.

Sound more like you think he just wants to stay in the division. Cam isnt a bad QB, not the most accurate (reason they've been drafting big/tall WR's) but Kerley could produce there. And given the need the Panthers will probably win that by shelling out more money than that Pats. 

Who knows though. If he ends up in NE then good luck to him. I expect NE to be on the losing end twice this year anyway. 

Sound more like you think he just wants to stay in the division. Cam isnt a bad QB, not the most accurate (reason they've been drafting big/tall WR's) but Kerley could produce there. And given the need the Panthers will probably win that by shelling out more money than that Pats. 

Who knows though. If he ends up in NE then good luck to him. I expect NE to be on the losing end twice this year anyway. 

Isn't it refreshing to not play the scared down on their luck victim anymore.  I don't give a sh*t what scraps the rest of the division wants to lap up of ours.  This team is solid and we are going places.  First time in a long time I can put my head down and only focus on my team in the division and not get caught up or worried about anyone else.

So far, for what's worth.  I think Bowles is doing a poor job. 

Teammates punching each other - others lying to him and the team - others coming out publicly against their QB ...

He might say many of the right things but so far the team hasn't shown him a whole lot of respect.

I hope it's residual effects from the Rex circus - I do realize it's a very, very short window but so far I'm a bit concerned concerned.

an interesting point.  that's for sharing the opposite viewpoint.

Funny how that works.  Pissed at Kerley for missing voluntaries and he is benched and may be cut.  Richardson misses voluntaries, gets suspended for weed, drives 143 mph running away from the cops with a loaded gun and 12 year old in a car reeking of marijuana?  No problem, #1 on the depth chart.   

would be if it was actually true.  This is why I don't buy it.

He'll choose the Pats (maybe the Bills) over the Panthers...Kerley will be a star with Brady - exact type of receiver that would flourish with Brady.

and none of this imaginary nonsense means we should keep him if the FO & CS thinks someone else deserves to be a Jet over him.  

Isn't it refreshing to not play the scared down on their luck victim anymore.  I don't give a sh*t what scraps the rest of the division wants to lap up of ours.  This team is solid and we are going places.  First time in a long time I can put my head down and only focus on my team in the division and not get caught up or worried about anyone else.

I agree. 

Archived