Can we pull an upset at Colts on Monday Night Football?

Fibonacci

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate getting ahead of ourselves, especially given this franchise's history. But...

If they win Monday and can build some momentum and improve as a unit with time, you're suddenly going to see a very different perception of this team nationally. 

In fact, if any AFC East team is able to rise unexpectedly and threaten the Hooded Sociopath and his Band of Misfits even a little, they will instantly become America's darling. Hardcore football fans are just waiting for someone to punch them in the mouth as so they richly deserve for what they've done to the game.

Jets can win this game, the Bills provided the recipe, let's hope it translates to next week, I think the key differences are; the Colts are a different team at home and had no tape on Taylor so game planning not as good as they should be able to prepare for Fitz, the Bills and Jets have similar talent and the ball bounced their way, so as long as the Jets avoid turnovers and study that game tape they should be very competitive... 

Looks like TY will be back. Jets have to control the ball & keep Luck on the sideline. Here's the bottom line, if we let Luck run around like we the the Browns QBs run for 1st downs we won't have a chance but the truth is that no one has talked about today is that the Bownies Oline is definitely top 5 in the league. They are tough brawlers whereas the Colts Oline is soft comparitively.

Great practice for our front 7 yesterday vs a stud Oline. 

This.

Sanchez, Geno, even Pennington were all the game-losing INT at the worst possible time types of QB. We need someone that just doesn't fire nails into our own coffin. Every QB is going to commit turnovers, it's whether or not they lose us games that were otherwise winnable that will dictate a change in our fortunes.

Or a top tier bad ass true #1 wide receiver that just turns around and snags the ball away like me going for the last doughnut when they do. 

I'm not putting any stock whatsoever into Indy's loss to Buffalo.  Rex Ryan's teams always come out blazing in that Week 1-3 range then get exposed later.  Indy entered a buzzsaw going to Buffalo.  Now they return back to their cushy dome.  I know their defense is brutal, but Luck will toy with our secondary on national TV.  No chance they start out 0-2.  This is just a brutal Week 2 matchup for us. 

The Colts as a team are extremely overhyped as media darlings 2015. Luck is very good, but the team as a whole is less than remarkable. They likely won't have TY Hilton and may not have Gore. Put Revis on Johnson, make Luck win with anyone else and I don't think he will be able to if Fitzpatrick plays a mistake free game. Score 28 and I don't think Luck will be able to score more. 

The Colts are a soft team. The Jets are going to be the kind of team that will shut you down then run the football down your throat. Old school football... and it just happens to be the exact blueprint to beat a soft finesse team like the Colts.

The Colts are a very poorly run franchise. I started paying attention when they traded for Richardson. Idiotic. I watched all of Fitz' games last year and noticed AJ is a shell of himself. Most of their other moves have seemed just as ignorant. Like they're being run by the fans. They have Luck and he has to win on his own.

I'm not putting any stock whatsoever into Indy's loss to Buffalo.  Rex Ryan's teams always come out blazing in that Week 1-3 range then get exposed later.  Indy entered a buzzsaw going to Buffalo.  Now they return back to their cushy dome.  I know their defense is brutal, but Luck will toy with our secondary on national TV.  No chance they start out 0-2.  This is just a brutal Week 2 matchup for us. 

This is all reasonable and may very well happen, but being able to run the ball is the best counter for a prolific passer.  You cannot have any doubt we can run the ball on Colts soft serve defense?  Do you?  This is a 50/50 game at worse at this point.  We control the clock and win the turnover battle this is a win.  

This is all reasonable and may very well happen, but being able to run the ball is the best counter for a prolific passer.  You cannot have any doubt we can run the ball on Colts soft serve defense?  Do you?  This is a 50/50 game at worse at this point.  We control the clock and win the turnover battle this is a win.  

Love your enthusiasm.  But they have Luck and we don't.  It's really that simple in my mind.  If this game was in New York I'd like our chances.  But in Indy on Monday Night Football?  Maybe we keep it close but this just won't be a win.  I hope I'm wrong.

Love your enthusiasm.  But they have Luck and we don't.  It's really that simple in my mind.  If this game was in New York I'd like our chances.  But in Indy on Monday Night Football?  Maybe we keep it close but this just won't be a win.  I hope I'm wrong.

They may have Luck but we have freaking a Leprechaun!!!!!!!

Colts will be favored, and they should be, but with Fitz and a defense that actually seems to care about fighting for loose balls, this team has an "any given Sunday" feel to it that I haven't felt in a long time. Yes it is early, but it seems that the adults are in charge now, and any week we have a puncher's chance with competent coaching and QB.  With Geno you just knew there were games we had 0% chance to win.

They lost to a team led by Tyrod Taylor. Not to mention that they were held to zero points in the first half. Unless Luck can play defense and use a helicopter to avoid the pass rush, we have a very good chance to win here.

Colts will be favored, and they should be, but with Fitz and a defense that actually seems to care about fighting for loose balls, this team has an "any given Sunday" feel to it that I haven't felt in a long time. Yes it is early, but it seems that the adults are in charge now, and any week we have a puncher's chance with competent coaching and QB.  With Geno you just knew there were games we had 0% chance to win.

You've got that right.  I love the optimism for once.  Reading the 1st half of the game thread from yesterday you'd think we're about to lose to Indy 42-0, so it's a nice change.

Exactly the way to beat the Colts is run the ball control the clock and limit Luck touches

Hate to agree, but the Colts are a totally different team at home...also their defense plays at a different speed when they are home.  It will be a true test for our D...I am a bit unnerved after watching McCown drive the Browns up and down the field at will.

Hate to agree, but the Colts are a totally different team at home...also their defense plays at a different speed when they are home.  It will be a true test for our D...I am a bit unnerved after watching McCown drive the Browns up and down the field at will.

McCown drove the Browns up and down the field on us, at will?  Think you might need to see it more than a FG and turnover in the RZ before it becomes a worry? 

They lost to a team led by Tyrod Taylor. Not to mention that they were held to zero points in the first half. Unless Luck can play defense and use a helicopter to avoid the pass rush, we have a very good chance to win here.

exactly, on paper the colts should win but there is nothing about this Colts team that says they're unbeatable.  They didn't score until the final minutes of the 3rd quarter, why can't the Jets D give them a hard time too? 

Archived