JN Survival pool - I set one up for us. free

Dcat

(maybe one of our benevolent mods can pin this until Thursday)

I didn't notice anyone starting up a survival pool this season, so I did one for us on Yahoo called JN Survival (use the group ID # below to join).

It's just for fun...no entry fee.

Yahoo survivor pool sign-up link: 

group id #: 18349
password: bowles

use your screen name from here so we can all identify you

Good luck

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sucks that you have to make a yahoo account. my first ever email account (yahoo) I just realized has been deactivated and I dont feel like making another. 

Yeah, I had to make a new one. Didn't want to use my professional one. I hate that you need to give them you cell #, though. Bullsh*t.

Yeah, I had to make a new one. Didn't want to use my professional one. I hate that you need to give them you cell #, though. Bullsh*t.

WHAT? Thats ridiculous. I know Yahoo and Google knows everything about everyone, but im just not going to give it to them. They'll have to atleast use their big brother machine to find that sh*t out themselves lol. 

WHAT? Thats ridiculous. I know Yahoo and Google knows everything about everyone, but im just not going to give it to them. They'll have to atleast use their big brother machine to find that sh*t out themselves lol. 

I wouldn't have given it to them this time if I already hadn't when I made my professional email account. They already had it so, eh.

But I completely agree with you.

Yahoo gives us a choice for deadline to submit the week's entry: 

1. before kickoff of week's 1st game (Thursday nights)

2. before Sunday 1:00pm Eastern (Thursday game teams would obviously be excluded).

Every year when we did the annual survivor, it was set to Thursday, but many people would forget about that and were eliminated from any pick that week and were thus eliminated. By selecting Sunday 1 pm (Eastern time) even people who forget about the Thursday game can still pick a team from the Sunday games (the Thursday game will be grayed out once it kicks off).  Since this is all for fun, I have set it to Sunday 1pm...  

So the weekly entry DEADLINE will be Sundays by 1 PM.  EVEN IF YOU FORGET TO PUT YOUR ENTRY IN BY THURSDAY EVENING, YOU CAN STILL PLAY THAT WEEK but any Thursday/Saturday/London games that have kicked off will be removed from your possible choices.

Yahoo gives us a choice for deadline to submit the week's entry: 

1. before kickoff of week's 1st game (Thursday nights)

2. before Sunday 1:00pm Eastern (Thursday game teams would obviously be excluded).

Every year when we did the annual survivor, it was set to Thursday, but many people would forget about that and were eliminated from any pick that week and were thus eliminated. By selecting Sunday 1 pm (Eastern time) even people who forget about the Thursday game can still pick a team from the Sunday games (the Thursday game will be grayed out once it kicks off).  Since this is all for fun, I have set it to Sunday 1pm...  

So the weekly entry DEADLINE will be Sundays by 1 PM.  EVEN IF YOU FORGET TO PUT YOUR ENTRY IN BY THURSDAY EVENING, YOU CAN STILL PLAY THAT WEEK but any Thursday/Saturday/London games that have kicked off will be removed from your possible choices.

This is 100% the right decision. Good job.

We are up to 28 teams. Not bad, but let's get this over 100 people. If we get there I will up the prize.

How about some JN writers and staff join this as well:

@AFJF @courtnj18 @faba @The Crusher @Thor99 @Sperm Edwards

Tag others that you want to join. Once we break 100 I will look through the JetNation treasure chest and announce the prize for the winner.  :)

its a survivor pool.  Yahoo has it in its fantasy sports category

Yep...all signed up.  Was a little bit confused because when I logged in I was only getting info for FF drafts but worked hen i logged out and back in again.

We are up to 28 teams. Not bad, but let's get this over 100 people. If we get there I will up the prize.

How about some JN writers and staff join this as well:

@AFJF @courtnj18 @faba @The Crusher @Thor99 @Sperm Edwards

Tag others that you want to join. Once we break 100 I will look through the JetNation treasure chest and announce the prize for the winner.  :)

I will need a head start.

Archived