Jets work out QB and TE

FTL Jet Fan

2012 NFL Draft: 10 Overlooked Prospects Who Deserve More Attention

Football-WEB-crystal-Meyer_crop_north.jp

Matt Blanchard, QB, Wisconsin-Whitewater (6'3", 225 pounds)

There have been very few Division III quarterbacks who have made it big in the NFL. The most famous are former Cincinnati QB Ken Anderson and former Buffalo QB Jack Kemp. Blanchard, a Division III All-American, hopes to follow in their footsteps and also become the first Wisconsin-Whitewater player drafted since WR Derek Stanley was taken by the Los Angeles Rams in 1987.

He is accurate, has a good arm and makes audible calls at the line of scrimmage. His mobility allowed him to rush for 452 yards in 2011. The jump from Division III to the NFL is daunting, but not without hope. Blanchard will likely be in a training camp to get his chance.

All this tells me is the Jets ..we have a kick ass FO!!

The TE I get it we need it but the QB!!!

I mean I was stoked by the QB play we saw last night but Mac (da Man) is looking to make the Jets better not by faking competition but by having it for real!!!

If we keep this up we are eventually going to have a darn good team!

Wow!

I mean I was stoked by the QB play we saw last night but Mac (da Man) is looking to make the Jets better not by faking competition but by having it for real!!!

Wow!

not/never satisfied is a great trait for a GM or FO/CS

Wow!

Sounds like a perfect PS QB candidate.  Stash him away Macc

Sounds like a perfect PS QB candidate.  Stash him away Macc

I went to look at him and he seemed ok. 

The coaching staff at GB really like him and would, if the other QBs hadn't been so good, have kept him.  In fact the announcers specifically stated in GB's second preseason game that he was good enough to really play all he required was a chance.

Interesting PS QB candidate as you say....

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini  6h6 hours ago
Jets say they're happy with WR depth, but they worked out a handful of WRs -- Alan Bonner, DeAndre Carter, Vernon Johnson, Shane Wynn. #nyj

Seems Macc is testing out other cut players first before cutting his own players.  Very interesting.

Steve Smith sees a young Randall Cobb in DeAndre Carter

Archived