Penn State’s Deion Barnes Among Jets top UDFA performers

JetNation

Nice article, Glenn. I always root for these UDFA kids, always kinda exciting when one of them sticks. As you mentioned, I was really hopeful about Wes Saxton considering how weak our TEs are - oh well. I'd love to see Barnes make it over Babin. One old man OLB is plenty, and the team has Pace filling that role. Jones making it to the practice squad would be nice, too. 

Nice article, Glenn. I always root for these UDFA kids, always kinda exciting when one of them sticks. As you mentioned, I was really hopeful about Wes Saxton considering how weak our TEs are - oh well. I'd love to see Barnes make it over Babin. One old man OLB is plenty, and the team has Pace filling that role. Jones making it to the practice squad would be nice, too. 

That was my thought process with the LB's...if either Mauldin or Reilly can rush the passer as a situational player, Babin can walk.

Julian Howsare is the prototypical player that Belichick might look at to groom to fill the injured Devlins position.

Excellent point.  I was hoping the Jets viewed him that way because he was a ST stud in college.

Archived