Eagles Cut Tebow (Yes, I want him back here)

TuscanyTile2

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/05/eagles-cut-tim-tebow/

Out-playing Matt Barkley in the preseason wasn’t enough to earn Tim Tebow a roster spot in Philadelphia.

The Eagles have released Tebow, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

That means Philadelphia is going with just two quarterbacks, Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez. There was some talk that Eagles coach Chip Kelly liked Tebow’s mobility enough to keep him on the roster and use him in certain situations, but in the end Kelly decided not to use a roster spot on a third-string quarterback.

It’s still possible that Tebow could return to the Eagles at some point this season, if Bradford or Sanchez suffers an injury, or if Kelly decides to add a third quarterback. It’s unlikely that any other team will sign Tebow, which means he’ll be available to the Eagles if they decide to call.

But for now, anyway, Tebow is out of the NFL. He’ll likely go back to working as a commentator for SEC football, and wait for his phone to ring.

I'm truly dumbfounded by this.  Not quite able to put into words how much I would hate that.  There is literally no other move possible the Jets could make that would be worse.

Suffice to say, I'd rather root for the Giants or Pats.

Trading for Manziel would be a contender.  I'm so sick of 'celebrity' QBs who are 50% page-6 and 50% pick-6.

Tim Tebow seems to be a decent person but is not a decent major league qb. If his ego permitted he probably would be good situational player. He has talent but not the talent required of a full time qb. Yes he throws well on occasion but not consistently, he can run well but not consistently or strong/fast enough so let's drop the love for him as a qb.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/05/chip-says-eagles-will-add-a-quarterback-tebow-not-good-enough/

"Eagles coach Chip Kelly says the reason he cut Tim Tebow today is simple: Tebow isn’t good enough."

Why is it some fans don't get this but coaches do.

I thought Tebow looked fine this summer and followed him but if Chip Kelly says you can't contribute to his QB friendly system, why in the world would the Jets sign him!!!

Rex Grossman made it to the super bowl.  How many here would call him a good QB?  Just because you win games doesnt mean that you are a good QB and teams are looking for good QBs.  This is why Tebow was cut.  He is not a good QB.

Ummmmm on another note who is this woman in your page?

Amazing... is all I will say....

Anytime tebow is the qb of a team, that team usually wins.  Happend at florida and in den.  You can debate if hes any good, but you cannot debate that his teams win the majority of games when he is the starting qb.

Perhaps the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  Greg McElroy was undefeated from Elementary school through college until he lost his first game in college.  see my point. 

I'm actually surprised Kely cut him.  Tebow wasn't functional here nor would he ever be but he is a fit for what they do in Philly plus Bradford is as durable as a wet paper bag on I-95.

I don't think any self-respecting coach wants to deal with the distraction of Tebow-mania.

Archived