Jets Practice Squad

C Mart

Good on Barnes. I had him pegged for the PS.

Glad Wesley got on there, although I thought he had done well enough to deserve a spot on the 53.

Maybe Howsare will replace Bohannon one day as the FB. I don't think he has a future as a LB on this team. We have too many younger, better guys.

EDIT: Yay! Taiwan to the PS! I got another one right!

Wow- so Shaq Evans was straight up cut.  No roster, no PS.  

Smh- I know he showed absolutely nothing but am continually flabbergasted how awful that draft was.

If it was up to me, I would have cut Enunwa to keep Powell on the 53 man roster which would have made that draft even worse.

Wow- so Shaq Evans was straight up cut.  No roster, no PS.  

Smh- I know he showed absolutely nothing but am continually flabbergasted how awful that draft was.

Yea but don't worry Idzik said that we had more than enough talent to win!!!:ph34r:

And even if you hated Rex, how in the world is a HC supposed to win with those kinds of draft wiffs!!!

Just awful and Insane!!

If it was up to me, I would have cut Enunwa to keep Powell on the 53 man roster which would have made that draft even worse.

Yeah Enunwa has shown more than Shaq Evans but still showed next to nothing, Powell did show more.  I don't know, maybe it is because of Amaro's injury and we need another "H back type body" but Bowles has been playing Enunwa as the #3 for awhile. 

They must see something in him.  Marshall and Decker are dedicated run blockers, Enunwa is too - maybe with our QB situation we're really going to be run heavy and wideouts blocking is more valued than previously - maybe blocking has teeny Kerley in the doghouse too.

Yeah Enunwa has shown more than Shaq Evans but still showed next to nothing, Powell did show more.  I don't know, maybe it is because of Amaro's injury and we need another "H back type body" but Bowles has been playing Enunwa as the #3 for awhile. 

They must see something in him.  Marshall and Decker are dedicated run blockers, Enunwa is too - maybe with our QB situation we're really going to be run heavy and wideouts blocking is more valued than previously - maybe blocking has teeny Kerley in the doghouse too.

I think your right. With Kerley he's better in the slot, the fact that Marshall & Decker can both play in the slot limits Kerleys snaps anyway.

Plus when you have big strong receivers that can play in the slot & block, it really forces the LBs off the LOS because those WRs can run 5 yard routes all day, box out, bam 2nd & 5! Keeping the LBs honest allows our Oline to get off the ball & own the LOS which has been the case in preseason.

when we were running the ball in 2009-2010 we had a better Oline, but other than Edwards small WRs. Chan & Todd like Enunwa because that's 3 big men getting in the way of people! Look around the league & find me a team that has that kind of size at WR? Marshall + Decker + Enunwa, DAMN! Then you throw in the violent running of Ivory & Stacy, your dealing with a very physical OFFENSE & an already very good, very physical defense with maybe the best secondary in the league, the Jets are gonna wear some teams out. 

How beautiful will that be to watch? How many times as a Jet fan did you sit there & watch the opposing team just pound you? It's a helpless feeling when the opposing team just seems bigger & stronger than your team.

The Browns are pretty physical under Pettine, I'm interested to see if we get beat them up & wear them down with field position, that's how you really can tell when the field keeps flipping your way & your offense keeps getting the ball closer & closer to their endzone until they finally break. I see our Jets as that kind of team under Bowles, we'll see soon enough.

@BrianCoz: Source says Rontez Miles will join the Jets practice squad #nyj

This is great news!!  Miles really worked hard for the Jets. 

The FO actually did an outstanding job of keeping our own players while getting better even during this roster trimming period.

Impressive

@BrianCoz: Source says Rontez Miles will join the Jets practice squad #nyj

I could be wrong about the waiver rules, but once they claimed Martin from SEA they have

to keep him on the 53 for at least a game.  So I wouldn't be shocked if Martin and Miles switch

after the CLE game with Martin going to the PS and Miles going to the 53

I could be wrong about the waiver rules, but once they claimed Martin from SEA they have

to keep him on the 53 for at least a game.  So I wouldn't be shocked if Martin and Miles switch

I thought that was if they took a player off someone's PS??

Why?  Bowles today said Miles has more to work on. 

@BrianCoz: Bowles said Rontez Miles had a great camp, but still has things to learn. Says he needs more time. #nyj

5. Ronald Martin over Rontez Miles? The Jets claimed Martin on Sunday, the day after final cuts, and they waived Miles, who appeared to finally make it after spending most of the last two seasons on the practice squad. Martin seems like more of a box safety, but Bowles said he can play more of a free safety role. Bowles also said he liked what Martin after having watched tape of him with the Seahawks, who had cut Martin on Saturday. As for Miles, Bowles said, "Rontez had a great camp and I told him that myself. I thought he was the most improved guy, but that doesn't mean he was ready. There are still some things he has to learn, but I think he was getting there." Early Monday evening, the Jets re-signed Miles to the practice squad after he had cleared waivers.

NFL teams are now allowed two "veteran exception" spots on the practice squad. But Miles doesn't qualify for that, even though he has already spent essentially two full seasons on the practice squad. Like the other eight guys currently on the Jets' practice squad, Miles has standard practice squad eligibility. 

With their one remaining practice squad spot, the Jets can still use a player who qualifies for the veteran exception. 

Archived