Mariota Passing the Eye Test

jgb

Remember RGIII's rookie year?

Yeah, me too.

Doesn't have RG3's injury history or work ethic problems. Also, well liked by teammates. One thing I noted when Mariota was playing at Oregon was that he'd constantly help his teammates up. It's little things like that, that show how Mariota is a leader while RG3 is not.

Doesn't have RG3's injury history or work ethic problems. Also, well liked by teammates. One thing I noted when Mariota was playing at Oregon was that he'd constantly help his teammates up. It's little things like that, that show how Mariota is a leader while RG3 is not.

Im sure he's a real sweetheart. I jus have a problemproblem crowning anyone anything after one game. Then again this board is full of people speedballing while posting. 

I think it's a fan messageboard and it doesn't needed policing like that is all. let people be fans in their own way

Eh. Very diplomatic of you. 

No one is 'policing' anything. Calling a spade a spade. When people say Rex is a SB level coach, or that MM has proven doubters wrong or some such nonsense, well, it sounds dumb and ignorant. And I'm just saying so.

Eh. Very diplomatic of you. 

No one is 'policing' anything. Calling a spade a spade. When people say Rex is a SB level coach, or that MM has proven doubters wrong or some such nonsense, well, it sounds dumb and ignorant. And I'm just saying so.

It's a shame this isn't just a fun diversion for you

Mariota

21/37 257 yrds 2 TDs

Not bad at all.

Oh wait...

Sacked 7 times, 3 Fumbles, 2 lost.

CANTON BABY!!!!

Mariota is a rookie on a bad team.   So is Jameis.   They are both going to get kicked in the teeth.  The ultimate  difference will be in how they respond over the course of their first two years.  Mariota will win in a landslide. Burn that in your memory.

Mariota is a rookie on a bad team.   So is Jameis.   They are both going to get kicked in the teeth.  The ultimate  difference will be in how they respond over the course of their first two years.  Mariota will win in a landslide. Burn that in your memory.

I agree.

Was more making fun of the 'why did we win those 2 extra games last year?' crowd. Last week they had this guy next to Montana.

• 2 weeks later...

Only a matter of time before Mariota's read option stuff gets picked apart 

That 9 play 80 yard drive in the 4 minute drill to pull within a 2 point conversion was a thing of beauty.  He would have tied it too if  they didn't choose a handoff to a fat RB.  The scary thing is MM hasn't even started using his legs.

Only a matter of time before you realize how wrong you were/are.

That 9 play 80 yard drive in the 4 minute drill to pull within a 2 point conversion was a thing of beauty.  He would have tied it too if  they didn't choose a handoff to a fat RB.  The scary thing is MM hasn't even started using his legs.

Only a matter of time before you realize how wrong you were/are.

Well some of us actually watch the games instead of clips on Sportscenter.  Mariota was done in that game once Indy's putrid defense figured out how to stop him. 

Well some of us actually watch the games instead of clips on Sportscenter.  Mariota was done in that game once Indy's putrid defense figured out how to stop him. 

What? You didn't watch any of his games did you? Mariota's going through progressions and is showing that he can handle playing from the pocket. Hell, he's hardly been running to. His longest run has been twelve yards. Sounds to me like a lot of teams aren't letting him run and he's still tearing them apart. Also, he drove it down in the final minutes to score a td. Bring up the int all you want, that's expected with a rookie. Heck, they probably should have called a read option play there in the final seconds instead of a run up the middle.

Archived