Geno is back at practice.

Thor99

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad part is...Fitzy will essentially get a one game tryout...I wonder what the staff will veiw as "good enough" to kee him in there.  If they win 17-14, do they go to Geno?  Real shame..giving Fitz four games was an ideal scenario IMO.

if he sh!ts the bed vs the Browns at home, I'm ready to go back and see what Gaily can do with Geno.  If Fitz looks like a turd sandwich Vs the browns, I have little hope for him @Colts,  vs eagles, and @Phins.

if he sh!ts the bed vs the Browns at home, I'm ready to go back and see what Gaily can do with Geno.  If Fitz looks like a turd sandwich Vs the browns, I have little hope for him @Colts,  vs eagles, and @Phins.

We need to win that first game I dont care who does it for us Fitz,Geno or Petty.

This is my point...there is some middle ground.  What if he's solid, yet unspectacular, and they still get the win?

This is my point...there is some middle ground.  What if he's solid, yet unspectacular, and they still get the win?

He goes to his position, backup QB.  This is what he signed on for, what their head to head practice sessions led to.  A short term injury doesnt change this.  No matter how much you hate the backup and try to come up with reasons what always is wont be

Such a sad Fan Base.

So true. No rationality with Geno haters just hatred of him as a person more than a QB it seems.

I don't know if he will ever be the answer. But I sure as hell know Fitz is not. Guy has never won more than 6 games and is just a complete JAG. I would be way more optimistic with either Geno or Bryce starting. Both of them have upside and play making capability. Fitz does not. 

Since I'm willing to answer a question rather than deflect, I will say they have both played zero.  I was responding to somebody implying that we should know what Fitz should do with a group of player he has never played with before.  At no point did I say the same about Geno.

He goes to his position, backup QB.  This is what he signed on for, what their head to head practice sessions led to.  A short term injury doesnt change this.  No matter how much you hate the backup and try to come up with reasons what always is wont be

You're confusing me with somebody else.

You're confusing me with somebody else.

You questioned what happens if Fitz plays so so and they win.  No confusion, Geno is the starter and starts when hes healthy unless hes out a lengthy period of time and Fitz is lighting it up as well as winning every week.  

You questioned what happens if Fitz plays so so and they win.  No confusion, Geno is the starter and starts when hes healthy unless hes out a lengthy period of time and Fitz is lighting it up as well as winning every week.  

My apologies...didn't know you had access to Bowles and Gailey.  I was operating off of what Bowles told the fans and media which was that Fitz would keep the job if he played well.  My question was directly related to that in wondering what Bowles would consider "playing well".  Could you ask him for us and pass it on?  Thanks.,

My apologies...didn't know you had access to Bowles and Gailey.  I was operating off of what Bowles told the fans and media which was that Fitz would keep the job if he played well.  My question was directly related to that in wondering what Bowles would consider "playing well".  Could you ask him for us and pass it on?  Thanks.,

Don't apologize because I get how this is how the game is played, always.

Dont apologize for you thinking to understand this, to know that this is exactly what Bowles has said, makes me have insight to people in charge.  You, with your antiGeno glasses didnt actually listen to what Bowles said

Don't apologize because I get how this is how the game is played, always.

Dont apologize for you thinking to understand this, to know that this is exactly what Bowles has said, makes me have insight to people in charge.  You, with your antiGeno glasses didnt actually listen to what Bowles said

So what'd Bowles say?

So what'd Bowles say?

That if Fitz leads the team to 4, 5, 6, 7 and 0 obviously he isnt sitting.  Thats exactly what he said. You've dumbed it down to fit your hate of Geno to a more obtainable if we're playing well.  Never said that 

“If the other guy’s playing well and the boat’s going right and there are no waves and everything’s going and we’re 4-, 5-, 6-, 7-0, you’re not coming back to start,” Bowles said. “Anybody’s playing great, you lose your spot for injury, you lose your spot for a bunch of things. If he’s playing great and the ship is going the right way, you don’t make a move.”

That if Fitz leads the team to 4, 5, 6 and 0 obviously he isnt sitting.  Thats exactly what he said. You've dumbed it down to fit your hate of Geno to a more obtainable if we're playing well.  Never said that 

Right, but what I wanted you to ask him for me is what  they'll do if they start 1-0.  He didn't address that at the time of the press conference because it looked like Geno was going to be out for much longer than it appears he will be. Again...the very reason I posed the question.

“If the other guy’s playing well and the boat’s going right and there are no waves and everything’s going and we’re 4-, 5-, 6-, 7-0, you’re not coming back to start,” Bowles said. “Anybody’s playing great, you lose your spot for injury, you lose your spot for a bunch of things. If he’s playing great and the ship is going the right way, you don’t make a move.”

Thank you...exactly why I posed the question.  At no point did Bowles mention what would happen if they were 1-0 because it wasn't a consideration at that point.

Right, but what I wanted you to ask him for me is what  they'll do if they start 1-0.  He didn't address that at the time of the press conference because it looked like Geno was going to be out for much longer than it appears he will be. Again...the very reason I posed the question.

Guess behind all the sarcasm is a lack of understanding what he clearly was saying and said before the comment.  You don't lose your starting job because of injury  

That if Fitz leads the team to 4, 5, 6 and 0 obviously he isnt sitting.  Thats exactly what he said. You've dumbed it down to fit your hate of Geno to a more obtainable if we're playing well.  Never said that 

Guess behind all the sarcasm is a lack of understanding what he clearly was saying and said before the comment.  You don't lose your starting job because of injury  

Ummmm...Bowles said he would have lost the job to injury if they were  4-0.  That's odd.

I think he survives till the bye week playing that way, because they wont want to rush Geno back unless Fitz bombs. I think he needs to go 3-1 to hold onto the job after the bye.  Geno was performing way better than Fitz in the system until the injury, and the Jets still want to see what they have in Geno.  Im not arguing it will or wont work, but fitting Geno's arms into Gaily's system is something they want to see.  Fitz can't afford to give them an excuse, IMO. 

Ummmm...Bowles said he would have lost the job to injury if they were  4-0.  That's odd.

OK, back to what he said.  You don't lose the job you won due to injury.  When pressed he said obviously if your blah, blah blah.   

Because if 4, 5, 6, 7 and 0 is different.  Not shocking.  You get back to us when Fitz is 4-0 and we can discuss

Bowles said you dont lose your starting job to injury?  I thought he said it depends on how Fitz is playing.  I could be wrong.

I think he survives till the bye week playing that way, because they wont want to rush Geno back unless Fitz bombs. I think he needs to go 3-1 to hold onto the job after the bye.  Geno was performing way better than Fitz in the system until the injury, and the Jets still want to see what they have in Geno.  Im not arguing it will or wont work, but fitting Geno's arms into Gaily's system is something they want to see.  Fitz can't afford to give them an excuse, IMO. 

Wow...somebody actually answered the question...much appreciated.

IMO, I think the job goes back to Geno right away if Fitz is "meh" at any point.

Thank you for the exact quote.  Didn;t cover 1-0 while playing mediocre 

OK, back to what he said.  You don't lose the job you won due to injury.  When pressed he said obviously if your blah, blah blah.   

Because if 4, 5, 6 and O is different.  Not shocking.  You get back to us when Fitz is 4-0 and we can discuss

This was the whole premise of my question...how likely is it that they get to 4-0 under Fitz now that Geno may be further along than anticipated.  

Devin Smith back at practice too.  Cool beans!  Think he was just waiting 'til a QB that could actually get him the ball was able to play too.

Now just waiting to hear Sheldon's suspension was overturned.  

Not a good sign if you have a rookie faking the severity of an injury to get  out of practice because he likes one QB more than another.  They need guys who want to be on the field at all times.

Archived